Parking Brake Warning

Powered By Fusion

As of this morning..out of the blue... a wonderful sunny day my fusion decides it's also a perfect day to have a technology breakdown. So I'm starting it up (hybrid titanium) and it gives me this warming "Park Brake - Limited Function - Service Required"

Has anyone else got this or had this or had to get their parking brake looked at. I don't even use the thing so i dont know why it's giving me that error...oh the joys of electronic everything!

Oh also..my "Service Engine Soon" light is on now too. Had the vehicle for one day and a half days so far.

Edited by Powered By Fusion

I've not had the issue. May or may not be at all relevant, I use it every time I park. Old habit from VW days - they use a plastic parking pawl, failure of which means a new transmission.

No clue what Ford uses or if it's a replaceable part...............not 100% confident in the electronic version either, seem one more thing to go wrong (what happens if it fails locked?)

I use mine every time I park as well (I hate the feeling of moving the shifter from park with load on the trans from the car rolling) and haven't had any issues. I do absolutely hate the electronic parking brake though, it's slow and occasionally doesn't engage and I have to hit the button twice.

turns out there is a problem with an ABS module and i guess the park brake works but it keeps displaying that warning..so they have to replace the module..it was hard going to the dealer and seeing panels taken out of the inside of the car (less than a week old and its being taken apart) to find out what the problem was...unfortunately the module is in the back of the engine area in the upper right and so they will haev to take things apart just to get to it and take it out and replace it :( ...this is major work to me and its jsut upsetting my brand new car has to be picked and handled and taken apart...im just scared they wont put things back together perfectly. i have no doubt they'll fix the issue..but at what cost? other problems a week, a month, a year down the road :/ Maybe its just paranoia but so far my cars been at the dealership a lot...the chrome bezel around the gear shift knob had to be replaced because it was scratched up from the factory...the front bumper had to be removed and repainted because of a blemish of dirt caught between the paint and the clearcoat during the factory painting leaving a permanent "dirt" spot...now it looks as good as new and stuff...but this ABS module is all thats left..and while the other small cosmetic things were fixed and were nothing in my eyes...this just seems big to me and leaves me worried at their quality of work and hoping its pretty high.

• Like 1

...........but this ABS module is all thats left..and while the other small cosmetic things were fixed and were nothing in my eyes...this just seems big to me and leaves me worried at their quality of work and hoping its pretty high.

I can certainly relate - I still have an ever so slightly wrinkled headliner (you have to be a bit OCD to see/notice it) & the reason is.......not certain I want to have the car taken apart, especially the interior.

On the upside - how was the work on the bumper? The shift bezel? If they turned out fine it would seem you have a dealer capable of doing good work.

They did a wonderful job on the bumper. it looks like nothing ever happened to it and it comes with a lifetime warranty so even if 5 years from now the car looks good and the bumper begins chipping they'll fix it as long as its nothing i caused. the bezel was a small part replacement so it looked fine...i think they have high quality work...their body shop certainly does..i can only hope their senior repairmen and master repairmen in the service department are as thorough and high quality in their work.

Guest RRF985

Well you have warranty for a long time so if anything happens keep making them fix it until it's right. Sounds like you have a good dealer though since your previous repairs have been ok.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

After three weeks of my new car being in the dealership shop after owning it for one day they got the problem fixed: They canceled my purchase, gave me back $30,000 and placed an entirely new order on the vehicle after releasing me of all liability on the brand new car.

Awesome, considering to fix this one problematic light they had to shut down the hybrid system to prevent any possible voltage leaks from frying the cars electronics and dismantle the interior and engine of the car. *rolls eyes*

• 2 weeks later...
Musta been a Monday car. But I like the parking brake! Mine works great.

You do know they make cars 24/7 there on three shifts to make the 300,000 cars a year there... so no such thing as a bad time to have had the car made. :-D

Well, unless you got one from around mid November. :-O