Two New Ford Explorer Paint Colors...

Trying to configure a 2014 Explorer and there are two new colors listed that I don't believe I've seen in real life. The colors are "Sunset" which looks sort of red/orange, and "Dark Side" which looks no different than black on the little square on the screen.

Are these colors used anywhere on cars already manufactured? I'd like to see them before I decide on anything. I'm especially curious about the Dark Side paint. Probably too much to hope for a matte color on an Explorer, yes?

Thanks!

There is also a new color for Lincoln called Platinum Dune. At some point dealers should have 2014 source books which include paint samples, and the Ford website should get updated when the 2014 Explorer and Taurus go into production on June 3.

Ford Dealer's were sent large (8.5" x 11") color samples of the new colors for the 2014 Model Year nearly 2 months ago. Your local Ford Dealer should be able to show you the large samples so that you can make a better decision. You may need to chase down the person at the dealership that has the large color samples as they could be in the hands of the person that handles their vehicle orders, the sales manager, general manager, etc.

The new "Sunset" paint looks very attractive as the next generation red. The "Dark Side" paint is another new paint that looks so dark that it falls into the black family unless seen in the right light. Personally, I'm not a fan of the paints that are so close to looking black.

Hope that this information helps!

Ford Dealer's were sent large (8.5" x 11") color samples of the new colors for the 2014 Model Year nearly 2 months ago. Your local Ford Dealer should be able to show you the large samples so that you can make a better decision. You may need to chase down the person at the dealership that has the large color samples as they could be in the hands of the person that handles their vehicle orders, the sales manager, general manager, etc.

The new "Sunset" paint looks very attractive as the next generation red. The "Dark Side" paint is another new paint that looks so dark that it falls into the black family unless seen in the right light. Personally, I'm not a fan of the paints that are so close to looking black.

Sunset is red? It looked very Orange/Copper to me.

Thanks for the info. I'm really excited to see the new colors, but it seems like the few dealers I have talked to act like they have never seen the colors. Just gotta keep trying until I find a dealer that knows.