2014 Fusion & Fusion Energi Order Guides

ice-capades

Why would they put those on the Fusion when they're already on the MKZ and it's more of a luxury car feature?

If IIHS adopts the new requirements that are currently out to manufactures for comment for new Top Safety pick requirements I'm sure they will show up. Adaptive headlamps might be a required to achieve that status. (Comments are for them along with Collision Warning/ Mitigation, DRL's, Blind spot Monitor, Lane warning, Tri-Color Taillights, and Rear View Camera) Being the Mondeo has adaptive Headlamps with the LED's if it becomes required (optional or standard) or if enough people request them they will show up. Accord/Altima/6/Malibu/Optima all currently offer HID/LED headlights. As we have seen with the Heated Wheel cooled seats Ford does listen to consumer and market requests. (I'm still amazed how much this has changed in 5 years)

IIHS often asks manufactures for comment on features and data they have on costs as well and take into consideration study's that have been done before final rulings. http://www.iihs.org/news/rss/pr070312.html - shows a reduction in accidents for Collision mitigation/Warning and adaptive headlights but not for lane warnings. This could lead to the first two being required (std. or opt) and the third one not.

Collision Mitigation, means under 20mph the car will stop itself

I'd like to get some more information about this. How precisely will the 2014 be different from the 2013? Is this a software change? Could it possibly someday be available as an upgrade for my 2013?

I'd like to get some more information about this. How precisely will the 2014 be different from the 2013? Is this a software change? Could it possibly someday be available as an upgrade for my 2013?

More information would be nice, but so far this is all that Ford released to the public (dealers only, really).

Things that I wished had been on the 13, heated steering wheel, 10 way power passenger seat, different color interiors on the Ti, Duel integrated exhaust on the Ti, inflatable rear seat belts, better wheels for the Ti. Ford answered all my wishes except for the Ti wheels. Thank you Ford. Wish you could have been a year earlier, but still thanks.

• Like 2

Things that I wished had been on the 13, heated steering wheel, 10 way power passenger seat, different color interiors on the Ti, Duel integrated exhaust on the Ti, inflatable rear seat belts, better wheels for the Ti. Ford answered all my wishes except for the Ti wheels. Thank you Ford. Wish you could have been a year earlier, but still thanks.

I still wouldn't hold out for hybrid dual exhausts. Just like MY13, it's probably just going to be on the gas non-hybrids.

• Like 1

I still wouldn't hold out for hybrid dual exhausts. Just like MY13, it's probably just going to be on the gas non-hybrids.

Well it is actually in the order guide for the HiTis this time. I never saw it in the order guild last year, only in some of the pictures that were labled "pre production" When I orderd my 13 it actually said "bright tip exhaust"

Well it is actually in the order guide for the HiTis this time. I never saw it in the order guild last year, only in some of the pictures that were labled "pre production" When I orderd my 13 it actually said "bright tip exhaust"

It was in the order guides, but removed it at some point.

i wonder if any of these can be added to the 2013 car??

i heard rumors that they will update the sync to have a web browser!

LOL, if this is true it will be the world's slowest web browser lol.

*push button* wait for browser to load

*push button* wait for it to recognize finger location

*push button* take 1 minute to type in 4 keywords

*push button* wait for it to load and refresh

*push button* -transition- wait for new tab to appear, pop up and be ready to type for

*push button*...oh the hell with it just pull out your phone dear and look up where the nearest Costco is.

Edited by Powered By Fusion
  • Like 5

Does anyone know if Collision Mitigation with Brake Assist is the same as "Active City Stop" from the China Mondeo launch?

Active City Stop: This feature can help prevent collisions at speeds of up to 15 km/h and help mitigate the effects of impacts at speeds of up to 30 km/h. A sophisticated light-detecting and ranging sensor that captures 15 images in the blink of an eye calculates whether traffic is slowing or has stopped and applies the brakes automatically if it determines a collision is imminent

2013MY & 2014MY Model Changeover Timing

2013MY FUSION

• 07/13/2013 - 2013MY Job Last Date

2014MY FUSION

• 04/19/2013 - 2014MY Order Bank Open Date (Hermosillo & Flat Rock)
  • 05/16/2013 - 2014 MY Scheduling Begins (Hermosillo)
  • 06/13/2013 - 2014 MY Scheduling Begins (Flat Rock)
  • 07/15/2013 - 2014MY Job #1 Date (Hermosillo)
  • 08/26/2013 - 2014MY Job #1 Date (Flat Rock)

So does this mean that ordering for 2014's has already begun? If so, are there big discounts on the 2013?

• 3 weeks later...

Below is the latest timetable information as released in Friday's FDNB (Fleet Distribution News Bulletin)

2013MY FUSION

• 07/13/2013 - 2013MY Job Last Date

2014MY FUSION

• 04/19/2013 - 2014MY Order Bank Open Date (Hermosillo & Flat Rock)
  • 05/30/2013 - 2014 MY Scheduling Begins (Hermosillo)
  • 07/18/2013 - 2014 MY Scheduling Begins (Flat Rock)
  • 07/15/2013 - 2014MY Job #1 Date (Hermosillo)
  • 09/03/2013 - 2014MY Job #1 Date (Flat Rock)
  • Like 1

Does anyone know if Collision Mitigation with Brake Assist is the same as "Active City Stop" from the China Mondeo launch?Active City Stop: This feature can help prevent collisions at speeds of up to 15 km/h and help mitigate the effects of impacts at speeds of up to 30 km/h. A sophisticated light-detecting and ranging sensor that captures 15 images in the blink of an eye calculates whether traffic is slowing or has stopped and applies the brakes automatically if it determines a collision is imminent

It's not and the 2014 system is the same as the 2013 one. Won't stop the cat on it's own but will definitely help avoid a collision by altering the driver.

I personally wanted the active city stop, but after having my Fusion for a few weeks I think the warning is more than enough. There are false positives all the time when you approach a car turning out of your lane. I think the active stop would be really annoying in these circumstances.

So is all gas production moving to flat rock all at once? Or will they be built in both plants as a transition?

Nothing is moving to Flat Rock - it's simply augmenting regular Fusion production (no hybrids or energis or MKZs initially).

It's not and the 2014 system is the same as the 2013 one. Won't stop the cat on it's own but will definitely help avoid a collision by altering the driver.

Ok, I know it's a typo but... How does one stop a 'cat' and why would you 'alter' a driver, it that like fixing the cat? :-D

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

FYI... Ford did not issue an updated FDNB (Fleet Distribution News Bulletin) yesterday so there is no updated information available regarding 2014MY Fusion scheduling. However, according to this week's Commodity and Constraints Letter, no 2014MY Fusion scheduling has started as Ford is still completing the "Balance Out" scheduling on the 2013MY Fusion. I'll post additional information as it becomes available.

• Like 2