"Missing" cup holder ambiance lighting...

Bearcats98

For those upset at the lack of cupholder ambient lighting in the Fusion you're really going to like this...

Today I was given a rental of a 2013 Ford Focus with about 2200 miles on it. Not only does it have ambient lighting in the cup holders, but it also has it on the interior door handle! To add insult to injury, the Focus' ambient lighting changed color based on states of the car/doors. While driving it was purple. When I parked and turned off the car it changed to aqua. When I opened the door to get out, it turned just that open door red.

Man, those Focus owners get all the cool gadgets, eh? ; )

Thanks for the pictures. That's a lot brighter than my Fusion

More embarrassing inaccurate marketing from Ford.

They can and do make changes like this mid model year all the time so there are lots of cases where a brochure may be out of date. If you care about things like this then you really should see one in person before you place an order. If you decide to order without seeing one or before the production version is finalized then you run the risk of being disappointed. But like I pointed out in the other thread - if the vehicle you get isn't the one you think you ordered then there is no contract and your deposit is refundable.

• Like 1

Just a small FYI...there could be a number of reasons why they took it out of the cupholders...We don't know if the Ford Mondeo ever had ambient lighting..and if it did where it was located in the vehicle. What we do know now is that Ford Global now has a new objective called "One Ford" so a lot of vehicles are now being crafted by ford to be sold all over the world with a different name. Now the Fusion and Mondeo are the same vehicle and no longer regional luxury midsized sedans. Because of this there are some pros and cons. The pros are easily apparent. The 2013 fusion is MUCH BETTER as far as styling, mechanics, and technology is concerned and you can thank all of this to the previous generation mondeo's adding a lot to the looks and tech department. They couldnt just dumb down europes premium vehicle just because its sold in America now...so that caused a huge boost in features/luxury for the money for the Fusion. I honestly believe the 2013+ Fusion are the ones to buy and older generations are now sold only as an affordable used car or for a new niche- a niche of fusion lovers who hate the new fusion.

But the cons are some features not sold on the mondeo may be taken away from the Fusion here in America when the previous generations used to have it. Who knows what ambient lighting on the old mondeo's was like..and maybe ford decided to take away the cup holders not as a slap on the back for Americans but because as a GLOBAL CAR it wasn't wise for ALL REGIONS. And to the people complaining about no LED's...Ford offers more luxury brand sedans here in America then they do in Europe. The Mondeo is a class act. It is for the affordable and when fully loaded overseas is a pretty formidable luxury sedan (more than our fully loaded fusion) so it can get anything and everything ford ever wants to offer since europeans will pay extra for them. Here in America though there are at least 2 vehicle lines higher than the Fusion...The Ford Taurus and the Lincoln brand...and so a lot of features will have to hit those first and trickle down to the Fusion finally at the bottom of the totem pole. That's just how it is in our region. But I have no doubt the mondeo's LEDs will make it to the American market in 2015 or 2016. They have to save some things to keep the Fusion fresh every year new model...and this year its getting small crap like heated steering wheel and cooled seats..stuff that is a gimmick to me but actually useful to others...well same goes for LEDs..some people dont care...and some people want it...and im sure when it does come a lot of people will be happy as thats a make or break feature for them in 2015/2016 just as dual-tailpipes seem to be for some waiting for the 2014 today.

Edited by Powered By Fusion
  • Like 1

This is the first time owning a Ford with Ambient lighting so I'm not missing the illuminated cup holders. I would've liked to see more colors however.

But I'm happy with it as it sits.

The Driver's floor mat is more of a bother for me than anything else.