Difference between Canadian 2013 Fusion Energi and US Fusion Energi (and 2014 questions)

Let me start off with saying, Hi. I've trolled the forum for years but now I need some legitimate help. My biggest issue is Ford Canada's lack of Energi sales support up here.

In late 2009 I bought my 2010 Fusion Hybrid. I loved that car but when I had an opportunity to buy the Energi, I jumped at it. I sold my car to a friend and ordered a 2013 Fusion Energi and this is where my troubles began.

First off, Ford.ca is useless to build and price a 2013 Fusion Energi; you still can't build and price, it's still not available. I actually found a bug in the website that installed the 800A options package when you picked Titanium Hybrid and chose one option and deleted another. End result of that gave me a broken image of the car but a price at least. They since fixed the bug so now there is no way to package an Energi together.

My salesman, however, had issues too trying to build me one from his system. But he did, which brings me to the main question of this post...

I was only allowed to pick from 3 colours (Black, White, Silver) for my Fusion. Does this sound right to anyone? Any Canadian Energi customers here have the same issues? Can any non-Canadian's offer any insight? Are there any other differences between the Canadian and US Energi (other than speedo ;))?

Also, to be contrary to questioning and to add to the story, days later when I was fixing up some paperwork with Ford, the sales manager comes out and tells me he can't order 2013s, he can only get 2014s now. Which is funny in retrospect, since as of today a Canadian still can't build and price a 2013 Energi at Ford.ca. Though at first I was just happy I would get a brand new year. Days later, I had an epiphany and Googled 2014 Fusion Energi and found all the recent info on new features, colours, etc. FML.

This Canadian desperately wants to get a 2014 Fusion Energi PHEV Titanium, having sold his perfectly good 2010 for one and has to wait "up to 6 months" for a new one (I assume Ford Canada hasn't gotten their ordering guides yet).

Any insights and guidance would be greatly appreciated from anyone! :sos:

I think U.S. buyers also went through the same misinformation on color availability but I don't remember why. I would suggest checking with another dealer - sometimes the dealer just doesn't have their stuff together (although it could be Ford in this case). Are you sure that Ford is even offering the 2013 Energi in Canada?

Are you sure that Ford is even offering the 2013 Energi in Canada?

Indeed they are. One sold a couple weeks ago in another city a short ways from me. Would an email or call to Ford Corporate help at all or would that be a waste of time?

Indeed they are. One sold a couple weeks ago in another city a short ways from me. Would an email or call to Ford Corporate help at all or would that be a waste of time?

Won't hurt. Try to check with another dealer also.

Let me start off with saying, Hi. I've trolled the forum for years but now I need some legitimate help. My biggest issue is Ford Canada's lack of Energi sales support up here.

In late 2009 I bought my 2010 Fusion Hybrid. I loved that car but when I had an opportunity to buy the Energi, I jumped at it. I sold my car to a friend and ordered a 2013 Fusion Energi and this is where my troubles began.

First off, Ford.ca is useless to build and price a 2013 Fusion Energi; you still can't build and price, it's still not available. I actually found a bug in the website that installed the 800A options package when you picked Titanium Hybrid and chose one option and deleted another. End result of that gave me a broken image of the car but a price at least. They since fixed the bug so now there is no way to package an Energi together.

My salesman, however, had issues too trying to build me one from his system. But he did, which brings me to the main question of this post...

I was only allowed to pick from 3 colours (Black, White, Silver) for my Fusion. Does this sound right to anyone? Any Canadian Energi customers here have the same issues? Can any non-Canadian's offer any insight? Are there any other differences between the Canadian and US Energi (other than speedo ;))?

Also, to be contrary to questioning and to add to the story, days later when I was fixing up some paperwork with Ford, the sales manager comes out and tells me he can't order 2013s, he can only get 2014s now. Which is funny in retrospect, since as of today a Canadian still can't build and price a 2013 Energi at Ford.ca. Though at first I was just happy I would get a brand new year. Days later, I had an epiphany and Googled 2014 Fusion Energi and found all the recent info on new features, colours, etc. FML.

This Canadian desperately wants to get a 2014 Fusion Energi PHEV Titanium, having sold his perfectly good 2010 for one and has to wait "up to 6 months" for a new one (I assume Ford Canada hasn't gotten their ordering guides yet).

Any insights and guidance would be greatly appreciated from anyone! :sos:

The "Speedo" and the Daytime Running Lights, "DRL`s" that are mandated by Law in Canada and US Spec Vehicles cannot be ordered with (unless) its a Fleet Vehicle Purchase and (not) for Retail Sale, go figure?

Called Ford Canada Corporate. 2013 Fusion Energi in Canada was a bit of a pilot sales program. They wanted to see how well the model did up here before a full roll-out and as such limited the colours to three. There must have been a cost benefit to restricting paint schemes that is well beyond comsumer understanding...I mean, it's just paint. I was told the new 2014s in Canada will have all options (and colours) available just like its US counterpart.

Anyway, a couple 2014 questions. The US ordering guide has late availability for some of the new options. For you US guys, when it says late availability, how late in the year does it take to include these options after you can first start building and pricing a 2014?

I ask because there is generally a short delay before us Canadians can order the same option.

Thanks for you help.

Called Ford Canada Corporate. 2013 Fusion Energi in Canada was a bit of a pilot sales program. They wanted to see how well the model did up here before a full roll-out and as such limited the colours to three. There must have been a cost benefit to restricting paint schemes that is well beyond comsumer understanding...I mean, it's just paint. I was told the new 2014s in Canada will have all options (and colours) available just like its US counterpart.

Anyway, a couple 2014 questions. The US ordering guide has late availability for some of the new options. For you US guys, when it says late availability, how late in the year does it take to include these options after you can first start building and pricing a 2014?

I ask because there is generally a short delay before us Canadians can order the same option.

Thanks for you help.

Typically 2-3 months but it really varies and depends on that particular option and when it's available. I'm guessing they limited the colors to limit sales. That explains where the rumor came from in the U.S. about only having those colors available and also explains why it doesn't appear on the website.

Thanks for you help.

I would`nt pay much mind to the Term..."Late Availability". I Pre-ordered my 2011 Ford Fiesta Mar 4, 2010 and chose the Power Sunroof Option which was also labeled, "Late Availability". My 2011 Fiesta was one of the (first) Fiesta`s delivered at my Dealership when it rolled off the Transport Carrier on July 20, 2010. So much for "Late Availability". Other Fiesta`s ordered at the same time (without) the Power Sunroof arrived weeks later.