Where and How Do You Get Apps?

mets67

Got my Fusion Energi Titanium today! Enjoying it for the most part, but trying to figure out a few things in the technology end of things. I am pretty tech savvy, but one thing I can't figure out for the life of me is how to install apps. Do I need a special app on my Android phone or can I just download an app that is on my phone already, like Pandora. Thanks for your help!

Since your car has MFT, you don't have AppLink = no apps. You can still stream music over BT and use the car to skip songs.

Everyone, please keep letting Ford know, they need to add AppLink to MFT. I posted it as an idea (and twitted it, emailed ford and more). Add your Likes and Comments please: http://social.ford.com/your-ideas/technologies/infotainment/include-applink-with-myford-touch/

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

You can still play music over the BT Audio link, but there is no App integration with the car at all. Everything will be controlled on your phone for the most part. About all you can do through the car is pause, forward and reverse songs.

OMG how fail is that? You would think you are getting their top of the line system it would at least have the options of lesser systems. I like being able to just tell my car to tune to what ever channel and it goes there on Pandora. This is a total screw up/oversight on the part of the design team.

FYI: Here is a response from Ford I got a few days ago on my Ford Social comment:

( http://social.ford.com/your-ideas/technologies/infotainment/include-applink-with-myford-touch/ )

Ford Social: With over 5 million SYNC-equipped vehicles sold, Ford is working to complete the roll-out of AppLink across all basic SYNC systems, including making it available for older model vehicles. However, we are exploring the possibility of bringing Applink to MyFord Touch in the future. Stay tuned!
11 day(s) ago via Ford Social

• 2 weeks later...