What change do you want for the Ford Fusion?

taylorjd

Put car in auto mode

Hit button in MFT or console to turn OFF the AC. Still uses the compressor regardless if AC button is lit or not.

Really, I would at least want the true VENT setting. I love driving w no AC to save gas, but I want the air to come thru w out have the windows open.

• Like 2

Really, I would at least want the true VENT setting. I love driving w no AC to save gas, but I want the air to come thru w out have the windows open.

The convoluted process accomplishes that as that's how I drive most of the time without the family in the car. Its just ridiculous MFT designers have a button that seems to logically mean "Turn off AC (compressor)" but does nothing. Either its a hair brained screw up or they are just fine with wasting money on putting silk screen, LED and button layout. *shakes head*.

Like I said this is a very small thing but its beyond comprehension why it doesn't work. Wife hates it too and we are shopping Titanium Escapes and if it does this, she will nix it without question. A shame too....

Edited by Bearcats98
  • Like 1

Its just ridiculous MFT designers have a button that seems to logically mean "Turn off AC (compressor)" but does nothing. Either its a hair brained screw up or they are just fine with wasting money on putting silk screen, LED and button layout. *shakes head*.

Given how many other stupid bugs there are in MFT, my money is on (yet another) hare-brained screwup.

The convoluted process accomplishes that as that's how I drive most of the time without the family in the car. Its just ridiculous MFT designers have a button that seems to logically mean "Turn off AC (compressor)" but does nothing. Either its a hair brained screw up or they are just fine with wasting money on putting silk screen, LED and button layout. *shakes head*.

Like I said this is a very small thing but its beyond comprehension why it doesn't work. Wife hates it too and we are shopping Titanium Escapes and if it does this, she will nix it without question. A shame too....

I think it has more to do with what temperature you have your climate control set at than anything else. Yeah kinda stupid that turning off the AC does not turn it off. I would rather have it turn it off and have the AUTO setting turn up the fan speed to accomodate not having the AC running.

I think if we complain to Ford regarding the issue it will get resolved. Seems like a minor software fix on a MFT update. Otherwise I just do what you do or roll the windows open.

remember folks even if you don't use the Park Assist feature the front sensors can still be used

Edited by HenryVIII

I think it has more to do with what temperature you have your climate control set at than anything else. Yeah kinda stupid that turning off the AC does not turn it off. I would rather have it turn it off and have the AUTO setting turn up the fan speed to accomodate not having the AC running.

I think if we complain to Ford regarding the issue it will get resolved. Seems like a minor software fix on a MFT update. Otherwise I just do what you do or roll the windows open.

remember folks even if you don't use the Park Assist feature the front sensors can still be used

If you leave fan speed alone, it will try to accommodate. IE: I will fluctuate the fan speed; just no compressor.

• Like 1

Three big things for me:

- Reiterate the need for better manual control of climate. I want OUTSIDE air through DEFROST DUCTS and DASH DUCTS without the air conditioning compressor on. You can NOT put the car with any mix that includes the defrosters without it turning on. UGH.

- Get rid of the damned hump on the floor near the seat on the left side. I like to pull my left foot up close to me on long drives. The hump drives me crazy.

- User selectable DRL. I had a Camry rental while on a trip (That's worth an entire other post. What a POS car that is). The only nice thing about that car was you could set the DRL on/off on the stalk with the headlights. As a sub-component of DRL, I would like to see HID/LED headlights/DRL. My bet is on LED because of the low power consumption, especially on a hybrid.

Most of the other things in this listing I am OK with in some form or another, they just might not be pain points. For example, MFT could use some work, but I still love it and think the current version works great. I know that a TON of it has to do with what phone you have. I have a Blackberry Z10 and it works flawlessly with, I believe, every feature available.

• Like 1

Especially if you put the sunroof in rear tilt, the airflow is excellent, especially at highway speed without a lot of drag associate with an open window.

On my Integra I rarely shut the sunroof, ran the A/C, or had windows down. I'd crack the sunroof, enable vent w/o fan, and was usually comfortable.

My gripes after almost 5 months with my Fusion are some that have been said before. The gripes and praises from me in a SE 1.6 manual:

Gripes:

1. The key position is stupidly low. I have to have a S-clasp on my housekeys to take them off so they don't rest on my leg (had the same issue in my 2007 Mustang).

2. The PW switches are too far forward, I have to consciously move my hand forward for the front windows.

3. The trunk opening is too small. I have the cargo net and it is a chore sometimes to put things in the trunk while fighting the cargo net.

4. The automatic mirror seems to forget its position. I have to adjust it everyday.

5. With the climate on AUTO 72 blows too cold, and 73 blows too warm.

6. The weather radar is super pixalated when you zoom in to any reasonable degree.

7. Its hard to hit the highway mileage without driving like a Grandma. In my 2007 Mustang GT I was able to average 24.7 MPG daily driving out of 25 highway consistently (and I drove it like I stole it) and even using the instant MPG graphs I average 33.7 MPG daily out of 37 on the same commute. My wife's Fiesta (with me driving) does 40.6 MPG on the 38 rating on the same commute. They could have made 6th gear longer, in my opinion, the power is there.

8. The piano black trim on the driver's door is already shabby from my wedding ring on the driver's door.

Praises:

1. This car turns heads. Its a looker for a 4 door sedan.

2. I have no complaints with MFT. It works for me. The latest update fixed what I thought were the problems with it.

3. These are the highest quality seats in any Ford I've ever been in. The leather is light years ahead in quality of my 1999 Mustang.

4. The handling is fantastic for a front-drive sedan. It likes to be pushed hard.

5. I believe that the automatic wipers can read my mind. They work better if you Rain-X the windscreen.

6. The engine sure is a tourqey little beast. Spool up the turbo and off we go.

7. I feel like I got a good value for the money. For 30k in the midsized market there is little else that compares.

8. My dealer is awesome (not Fusion related, but it sure helps.)

• Like 1

My gripes after almost 5 months with my Fusion are some that have been said before. The gripes and praises from me in a SE 1.6 manual:

Gripes:

1. The key position is stupidly low. I have to have a S-clasp on my housekeys to take them off so they don't rest on my leg (had the same issue in my 2007 Mustang).

2. The PW switches are too far forward, I have to consciously move my hand forward for the front windows.

3. The trunk opening is too small. I have the cargo net and it is a chore sometimes to put things in the trunk while fighting the cargo net.

4. The automatic mirror seems to forget its position. I have to adjust it everyday.

5. With the climate on AUTO 72 blows too cold, and 73 blows too warm.

6. The weather radar is super pixalated when you zoom in to any reasonable degree.

7. Its hard to hit the highway mileage without driving like a Grandma. In my 2007 Mustang GT I was able to average 24.7 MPG daily driving out of 25 highway consistently (and I drove it like I stole it) and even using the instant MPG graphs I average 33.7 MPG daily out of 37 on the same commute. My wife's Fiesta (with me driving) does 40.6 MPG on the 38 rating on the same commute. They could have made 6th gear longer, in my opinion, the power is there.

8. The piano black trim on the driver's door is already shabby from my wedding ring on the driver's door.

Praises:

1. This car turns heads. Its a looker for a 4 door sedan.

2. I have no complaints with MFT. It works for me. The latest update fixed what I thought were the problems with it.

3. These are the highest quality seats in any Ford I've ever been in. The leather is light years ahead in quality of my 1999 Mustang.

4. The handling is fantastic for a front-drive sedan. It likes to be pushed hard.

5. I believe that the automatic wipers can read my mind. They work better if you Rain-X the windscreen.

6. The engine sure is a tourqey little beast. Spool up the turbo and off we go.

7. I feel like I got a good value for the money. For 30k in the midsized market there is little else that compares.

8. My dealer is awesome (not Fusion related, but it sure helps.)

I agree with just about all you said, but but the gas mileage and key position. My Fusion Energi has no key whole, just a push start and that is position fine. I would rather have it more the the Telsa and just have to press the brake peddle. My gas millage has been better than rated. At present, I am getting over 140 mpg lifetime (rated 100 mpge), my EV range has been between 26 and 29 miles (rated 21) and when in Hybrid only mode, I usefully get 47 to 49 mpg (rated 43). My biggest complaints on my Energi is the lack of trunk space and for some reason I have to keep resetting the auto up for the front windows.

...for some reason I have to keep resetting the auto up for the front windows.

I dont know if you are like me but I had the same problem and it was frustrating and found my issue...me. LOL! I "fiddle" with the switches when they are closed or open (push switch down if open, pull it up if closed) and figured out I was somehow wiping out the memory. Once I stopped doing that my problem magically disappeared. LOL! Gotta love the loose screw between the seat and the controls sometimes.... ;)

• Like 1

I dont know if you are like me but I had the same problem and it was frustrating and found my issue...me. LOL! I "fiddle" with the switches when they are closed or open (push switch down if open, pull it up if closed) and figured out I was somehow wiping out the memory. Once I stopped doing that my problem magically disappeared. LOL! Gotta love the loose screw between the seat and the controls sometimes.... ;)

It could be, I'll have to see what I may be doing.

It took me a while to figure out that if I click the turn signal (more then the 3 sec click) and don't complete a turn, that I can turn it off by clicking it again the same direction. I keep trying to move it center and then ending up making it go in the other direction.

It could be, I'll have to see what I may be doing.

It took me a while to figure out that if I click the turn signal (more then the 3 sec click) and don't complete a turn, that I can turn it off by clicking it again the same direction. I keep trying to move it center and then ending up making it go in the other direction.

Ha...I didn't know that either.

• Like 1

I agree with just about all you said, but but the gas mileage and key position. My Fusion Energi has no key whole, just a push start and that is position fine. I would rather have it more the the Telsa and just have to press the brake peddle. My gas millage has been better than rated. At present, I am getting over 140 mpg lifetime (rated 100 mpge), my EV range has been between 26 and 29 miles (rated 21) and when in Hybrid only mode, I usefully get 47 to 49 mpg (rated 43). My biggest complaints on my Energi is the lack of trunk space and for some reason I have to keep resetting the auto up for the front windows.

I'd have loved to have the push start, but unfortunately the manual gearbox and push button start are mutually exclusive options. Its a bit silly, because its an auto-crank anyways, turn the key to start, let go, and the engine cranks itself. Not a big deal really, and I've already lived with it in my Mustang for a long time before.

I've been trying like mad to beat the highway mileage while driving normally but just can't seem to do it. I was able to average 43 MPG babying it by going 45-ish in 6th with the A/C off for about 50 miles. But driving 60-65 continuously back and forth to work, using the A/C, has brought that down to 36 as of today. By the time this tank finishes off I should be around 35 MPG. My best tank ever if this holds out (so far the best was 34.65, worst was 30.57) so I'm not really complaining as it is within the range of mileage, and a darn sight better than my Mustangs, but I'm used to meeting the highway mileage for my commute. However, my commute is quite hilly, I'm sure that is what is causing it, getting into the boost while going up the hills. No replacement for displacement kind of thing. I'm still learning the best way to drive it. I think a boost gauge would help out in that regard.

I've done the same thing with the power windows - if I hit the switches randomly up when its already closed it tends to forget its memory. My Mustang did the same thing, I'm used to programming them when they don't move automatically.

• Like 1

I'd have loved to have the push start, but unfortunately the manual gearbox and push button start are mutually exclusive options. Its a bit silly, because its an auto-crank anyways, turn the key to start, let go, and the engine cranks itself. Not a big deal really, and I've already lived with it in my Mustang for a long time before.

I've been trying like mad to beat the highway mileage while driving normally but just can't seem to do it. I was able to average 43 MPG babying it by going 45-ish in 6th with the A/C off for about 50 miles. But driving 60-65 continuously back and forth to work, using the A/C, has brought that down to 36 as of today. By the time this tank finishes off I should be around 35 MPG. My best tank ever if this holds out (so far the best was 34.65, worst was 30.57) so I'm not really complaining as it is within the range of mileage, and a darn sight better than my Mustangs, but I'm used to meeting the highway mileage for my commute. However, my commute is quite hilly, I'm sure that is what is causing it, getting into the boost while going up the hills. No replacement for displacement kind of thing. I'm still learning the best way to drive it. I think a boost gauge would help out in that regard.

I've done the same thing with the power windows - if I hit the switches randomly up when its already closed it tends to forget its memory. My Mustang did the same thing, I'm used to programming them when they don't move automatically.

On the highway(not interstate) I have no problem beating the highway rating. I just did a 300 mile trip on mostly 55mph roads(doing 3-6 over) there is a 20 mile section of 65, it even included some DC beltway traffic. I'm sitting at 40.9mpg this tank.

• Like 1

I have a new want. A piece of trim at the leading edge of the headliner, mine and every other Fusion I've looked at has fraying at the leading edge where the headliner just stops like it was cut off and somebody forgot to put in some trim so you don't see the edge and that trim hits the glass.

On the highway(not interstate) I have no problem beating the highway rating. I just did a 300 mile trip on mostly 55mph roads(doing 3-6 over) there is a 20 mile section of 65, it even included some DC beltway traffic. I'm sitting at 40.9mpg this tank.

Filled up last night. 35.67 MPG. Best tank yet. My commute (90% of my driving) is 75 miles round trip with 3 lights each way on a 55mph back road.

I have a new want. A piece of trim at the leading edge of the headliner, mine and every other Fusion I've looked at has fraying at the leading edge where the headliner just stops like it was cut off and somebody forgot to put in some trim so you don't see the edge and that trim hits the glass.

Your post made me look at mine. Now I wish I hadn't. Looks like garbage.

I would like to see Ford licence the Skyactiv-D 4 cylinder diesel from Mazda for inclusion into the line up for Fusion...

Well that's a whole can of worms :)

Mazda is one of the 1st non-German company to bring their diesels here (GM also)..................it's a catch 22 from the automaker's view. Not enough of a market -> they don't bother -> not enough market cause there aren't any -> they don't bring them here..............................

You can see the circle. More choices might mean an increase in market. VW sells every single diesel they can produce (they've had to ramp up twice to meet demand).

A 150hp diesel Fusion that get's mid 40's to 50 & you can drive it like you stole it? Sign me up.