EcoBoost 1.5L rating

Not really sure why we need both a 1.5 and a 1.6. Although I think I remember the 1.6 is going away.

well, the 1.6 is hanging around as far as I know in the Fiets ST, manual transmission Fusion and the Escape....so question remians...how long WILL it be around....seems redundant...

Not really sure why we need both a 1.5 and a 1.6. Although I think I remember the 1.6 is going away.

I read the 1.5 is the result of Chinese taxes on engines above 1.5L and I agree that they'll probably be phasing out the 1.6 as soon as it makes economic sense (redesign timeframes etc). They're probably attempting to extract a little more value out of the 1.6/manual before adding a 1.5/manual

They haven't done a 1.5/manual combo that can get certified in time. The 1.5 is first and foremost indeed for the Chinese market. Secondly, according to a trusted source, the take rate for the 1.6 in the Escape is A LOT higher than they figured, and they're production-constrained with this motor at the moment, so the 1.5 will be used in all Fusions except for those with a manual (due to the take rate on manual Fusions being a low percentage, but still enough that they offer it), so this frees-up 1.6-liter engines for the Escape.

• Like 1