MKC order guide?

Had my '12 Focus serviced yesterday at my local dealership and while I was paying my bill an employee dropped off a document with the cashier to give to another employee. It was clearly marked "2015 Lincoln MKC" and appeared to be a copy of an order guide or something very similar to one. I was dying to get a closer look at it as it lay on the counter just beyond reach. Anyone have an inkling as to when we might see this documentation? I'm really interested in the MKC - would love to be back in a Lincoln again but I don't need a sedan and we don't need an additional MKX in the family.

The production MKC hasn't been unveiled yet. I'm expecting to see something next month as Ford previously made mention to the "July launch" of the MKC. Regardless, if it debuts as a 2015 (and I expect it to) that means it won't be on sale before January and the final order guide won't appear before fall.

Thanks, I appreciate the reply. I'm aware that as yet, only a test mule has been seen in public. I'll watch for the guide to show up on BOF as these things usually crop up here first; just thought perhaps I'd missed it or that my search wasn't thorough enough.

• 1 month later...

Here's the message that I posted a few minutes ago in the Lincoln section.

My Dealer Principal and I met with our Ford representative this morning and part of the discussion involved Ford's prospects of being successful in turning around the recently rebranded Lincoln Division now known as the Lincoln Motor Company. Ford is investing a lot of money in new Lincoln product that has been promised for a number of years now but slow to appear on the market. Unfortunately for Lincoln, the all-new MKZ is not setting any sales records which doesn't help matters any.

During the conversation, the Lincoln MKC compact crossover came up and I mentioned that there had been a number of posts online with the general inquiry as to the MKC's future availability. The response was that Ford has made no commitment to actually producing the MKC and that it was unveiled to the public as a concept vehicle. The reality of the matter is that in order to produce the Lincoln MKC, Ford would have to cut Escape production. With Ford Escape sales at record numbers, Ford is not about to commit to the MKC making into the market until they can address the production issues.

So here's Lincoln showing the MKC as a stylish new compact crossover in a very strong segment and they can't build it because of plant capacity issues.