Transmission shudder?

Bearcats98

Sorry to hear your issues are getting worse. What's your mileage on the car?

Hopefully there will be a fix.

I made a complaint to Ford about the Trans, but I've been riding in my friend '10 SHO and even his trans (6F55) shifts similarly.

193x miles. Not many in my book.

Do you guys get "crisp" shifts? While I am a row your own guy I do know the difference between the two crisp manual <> crisp auto :) . My wife's Sonata shifts so much quicker and smoother than the Fusion. There seems to be a "lag" in between shifts. Is that what is called flare?

I experience the same "shudder" when driving slowly and the cars shifts from 2nd to 3rd gear. Will be bringing in my car in a few months for 10,000 mile servicing and will ask then. I never get "crisp" shifts when driving slow or city driving.

I may be getting the shudder confused with the flare. My car generally holds the gear 1 or 2 seconds longer than expected. Not a huge issue, just annoying.

I experience the same "shudder" when driving slowly and the cars shifts from 2nd to 3rd gear. Will be bringing in my car in a few months for 10,000 mile servicing and will ask then. I never get "crisp" shifts when driving slow or city driving. I may be getting the shudder confused with the flare. My car generally holds the gear 1 or 2 seconds longer than expected. Not a huge issue, just annoying.

So do you play special teams for the 'Cuse? :) Stinks you guys left the conference.

However on topic I did this test at lunch. I got aggressive with acceleration while paying attention to shifting. On demand its way quick; the way I would want it to be while loafing around. I also have a bad flare from 2-3 when I am not aggressively accelerating.

Edited by Bearcats98

Ha, i wish! my screen name is a mash of my two favorite teams. Syracuse Orange (basketball and football, although we are quite bad in fball) and the Arsenal Gunners , an English soccer team. Not expecting too much from SU's football team without marrone this year.

Yeah, that's exactly what my car does, glad I'm not the only one.

Ha, i wish! my screen name is a mash of my two favorite teams. Syracuse Orange (basketball and football, although we are quite bad in fball) and the Arsenal Gunners , an English soccer team. Not expecting too much from SU's football team without marrone this year. Yeah, that's exactly what my car does, glad I'm not the only one.

Well I also notice its a FWD (me) and AWD (you) so it not even the same transmission. Which would leave me with programming....

Yeah, I am huge BBall fan (obvious alum here) and liked playing the 'Cuse. We need the character of Jim Boeheim more than Calhoun. Hopefully there is a chance UC will end up in ACC versus staying in a rehash of Conference USA (uggg).

• 1 year later...

I experience the same "shudder" when driving slowly and the cars shifts from 2nd to 3rd gear. Will be bringing in my car in a few months for 10,000 mile servicing and will ask then. I never get "crisp" shifts when driving slow or city driving. I may be getting the shudder confused with the flare. My car generally holds the gear 1 or 2 seconds longer than expected. Not a huge issue, just annoying.

I experienced just that and my car is currently in for the 3rd time related to this. Ford completely agreed about 2nd to 3rd and also found (without me telling them) shuddering when going into reverse.

So this third time they are finally rebuilding the transmission. They have had my car for 2.5 weeks now and it should hopefully be done today. I will report back on how she drives. I don't know what the next step is if it still does it...?

• 3 weeks later...