No Dual Exhaust On the 2014's :P

Powered By Fusion

Also no wheel choices again. Well now there's really no big reason to have waited for the 2014's unless cooled seats really tickled your fancy ;o

(I am of course talking about the Hybrid Titanium)

I'm loving my 2013 for another year xD And sorry to anyone who waited for a 2014 this long only to just now find this out :(

- On a side note -

I wonder if Ford did this to push the sales of the Titanium gas model. It's cheaper for them to make, they don't have to worry about having all those batteries and other hybrid options in stock as much, and they can push the trim of car they really wanna sell out the door more by offering the sexiest fusion feature to it. It makes sense that Ford would want to make the high end gas model the trim to want. Anything over that is just extra money in their pocket and anything lower than that means they aren't pushing how good the upgrades are well enough. The gas Titanium model (in my mind) sits as Fords cost-effective way of getting a high-class luxury gas vehicle compared to all the others on the road today. I'd give that trim the dual exhaust as well. Anyone paying more for the hybrids are clearly interested in other things and won't let dual exhaust stop them from their purchase.. I know I was :)

Edited by Powered By Fusion

I am so glad I didn't wait for the 2014. Another lost opportunity for Ford to set apart the Titanium with the coolest dual exhaust rear I have seen matching the coolest front end I have seen. I can only say how sorry I am to those that feel let down. I did too for my 2013 order at the time for this very reason. I can tell you though that sitting in my titanium each day I enjoy the ride and the many features of the vehicle anyway.

• Like 1

Guest RRF985

The dual exhaust has never been part of the Ti pack. It's only with the 2.0L. I don't know why everyone gets so upset. I do realize it was once part of the nomenclature but it's been known for a while that it's only a 2.0L feature.

Edited by RRF985
  • Like 3

Dual exhaust for something that is running on battery power much of the time is overkill. Particularly on the Energi, I would prefer they find a way to hide the tailpipe completely like on the Volt. Maybe a good compromise would be a single integrated exhaust - similar look to the dual exhaust but only on the one side.

• Like 2

The dual exhaust has never been part of the Ti pack. It's only with the 2.0L. I don't know why everyone gets so upset. I do realize it was once part of the nomenclature but it's been known for a while that it's only a 2.0L feature.

I'm right there with ya RRF985 - I don't get it either. :headscratch:

For a while it seemed that only the Ti 2.0L would get it (before the cars were available), but that didn't end up being the case anyways.

Edited by bluspikez
  • Like 2

I hope you all realize that the "dual exhuast" for the 2.0 is for cosmetic reasons only. Look under the car. It's a single muffler that happens to have two outlets instead of one.

All the more reason they should be on all the titanium models.

• Like 2

Guest RRF985
I hope you all realize that the "dual exhuast" for the 2.0 is for cosmetic reasons only. Look under the car. It's a single muffler that happens to have two outlets instead of one.

Well of course it's going to be split at some point. It's a 4-cylinder. What do you expect, true duals?

I agree with TimF, on the hybrid, the whole emphasis is to get away from a flame throwing, dinosaur burning, check out my dual exhaust vibe?

As for me, I'll take my dual integrated exhaust and turbo power and better handling and increased trunk space and cheaper out-the-door cost until something better comes along.

I agree with TimF, on the hybrid, the whole emphasis is to get away from a flame throwing, dinosaur burning, check out my dual exhaust vibe?

As for me, I'll take my dual integrated exhaust and turbo power and better handling and increased trunk space and cheaper out-the-door cost until something better comes along.

Most of you know what I think, but I'll say it again. The dual integrated exhaust is almost less obtrusive looking then the single Bright tailpipe. The look is much classier and upscale. They should make them the mark of the Titanium trim level...gas, hybrid and plug-in. I posted this for the 2013s: http://social.ford.com/your-ideas/technologies/personalization/dual-integrated-tailpipes-for-the-2013-ford-fusion-hybrid-titanium-and-energi-titanium/?temp_scode=_ODM1Njl8MTM3Mzg0ODY2Mg==

• Like 1

Thank you all for all the great comments..I knew it was a 2.0 liter thing..but its more commonly known as a "titanium" thing...I'd imagine because you only see pictures of the titanium advertised with it..not any other trim really.

It's still a 2.0L thing. It's only "commonly known" as a Ti thing by Hybrid Ti owners that believe that all Ti's should have a Dual exhaust. I don't know about you but most people out there do not buy hybrids to have a flashy looking exhaust. The numbers (of hybrid customers) are stacked against you. It also just does not scream "fuel efficient", but higher performance. As you said, Hybrid owners purchase a Hybrid vehicle with Fuel Efficiency at the top (or near top) of their list.

I would rather like to see a unique central exhaust on Hybrid models or hide the tail pipe completely. As it stands the single exhaust is very nicely done. No reason to be shameful of that at all.

I'd be more upset about the pigeon hole'd wheel decision you're stuck with. Only one 18" wheel selection for Hybrid Titanium owners is just plain nonsense to me.

Edited by HenryVIII

It's still a 2.0L thing. It's only "commonly known" as a Ti thing by Hybrid Ti owners that believe that all Ti's should have a Dual exhaust. I don't know about you but most people out there do not buy hybrids to have a flashy looking exhaust. The numbers (of hybrid customers) are stacked against you. It also just does not scream "fuel efficient", but higher performance. As you said, Hybrid owners purchase a Hybrid vehicle with Fuel Efficiency at the top (or near top) of their list.

I would rather like to see a unique central exhaust on Hybrid models or hide the tail pipe completely. As it stands the single exhaust is very nicely done. No reason to be shameful of that at all.

I'd be more upset about the pigeon hole'd wheel decision you're stuck with. Only one 18" wheel selection for Hybrid Titanium owners is just plain nonsense to me.

So funny you're comfortable with the pipe bc its hybrid but you want wheel options

So funny you're comfortable with the pipe bc its hybrid but you want wheel options

Damn right. If customers are going to pay that much for a top trim level Fusion Hybrid, they should have the option to choose from different wheels period. SE Hybrid owners have the option, why don't the Hybrid Ti owners have that? That and the aluminum pedals not available on HyTi models.

I'll support HyTi owners for getting more than 1 wheel option and all Hybrid owners for getting a unique Hybrid exhaust.

Edited by HenryVIII