......and now the flagship Cadillac is back on

Anthony

http://jalopnik.com/will-cadillac-reveal-a-new-rwd-flagship-sedan-at-pebble-868646216

The latest development in the long, messy saga of the new Cadillac flagship came in July when it was announced that the car was canceled for lack of pizzazz. But now, GM's CEO confirms it's back on as a big rear-wheel drive sedan.

Full story at link

22_blog_flip-flops.jpg

Edited by Intrepidatious

It never was cancelled, just the "Bentley fighter" is a flopper (which it's on for now). What's new news is looks like the XTS will stay on as a cheaper fwd alternative below the rwd sedan instead of replaced.

That's what I got too.

Seems like Cadillac is reviving the STS/DTS dichotomy, just with different nameplates.

I remember fondly, I remember a friend asking what "that" was and I told her. OH it's the El Dorado", and she would ask, "But what is ETC" I said, "Its Electronic Traction Control", then she replied with, "Oh yeah I've seen other brands brag about fuel injection, and Advance Trac, and other toys, is that was Caddilac is harping about??"... :) I let her have that notion for years, then DTS she asked "What are they bragging about on the Deville?" I'm like "Oh Dynamic Traction System, not to be confused with Electronic Traction Control"... and shes like "Thats so silly, almost everyone has that now, why are they bragging about it in big letters?" :)