New Sync Update v3.6 !!

Escapism

When you say iPhone texting, do you mean sending text message by voice or receiving messages? I have an iPhone 4 and receive text messages on my screen and can have the voice read them to me.

Not to mention that audible text messaging is a function of the phone's installed bluetooth profiles, not anything to do with MyFord Touch's programming.

Wow people are complaining about a free upgrade, seriously. It's a bit like buying a coach ticket and being offered a free upgrade to first class after you were already seated and complaining that you'll have to get out of your seat, then get your bags out of the bin and move all over again to a more comfortable seat with more leg room. I suppose you do have the option of respectfully declining and staying in your current seat.

Wow people are complaining about a free upgrade, seriously. It's a bit like buying a coach ticket and being offered a free upgrade to first class after you were already seated and complaining that you'll have to get out of your seat, then get your bags out of the bin and move all over again to a more comfortable seat with more leg room. I suppose you do have the option of respectfully declining and staying in your current seat.

Well, to be at least a little fair, it's more like getting a coach seat with a seatbelt, recliner, and headphones that don't work and being moved to a different coach seat where it does.

Not to mention that audible text messaging is a function of the phone's installed bluetooth profiles, not anything to do with MyFord Touch's programming.

You're right. Apple probably does this on purpose because they knew they would be trying to do their own phone and car integration. Easy way to get better adoption if your competitor can't do a comparable feature.

MFT has been good in principle, but execution has been poor. For instance, why does it sometimes take 10 seconds to index on the music on my phone, and the next time it won't complete the index? Unplug and plug in the phone multiple times to get it to work.

Not to mention MFT has completely locked up twice and is impossible to remedy without restarting the vehicle multiple times. "Kids, the radio quit working, let me pull off the highway so I can turn the vehicle off and on".

I bought the vehicle more for the fuel economy, engine output, aesthetics, and convenience features more than MFT.

Sending text messages by voice.

Was it ever designed to do this? I believe some people (not you) want this system to do things it was never designed to do in the first place. Because it doesn't do what they think it should, it's a failure.

...especially since they just got sued because of MyFord Touch.

There hasn't been any resolution to this lawsuit, I'd wait to see what happens before assuming that this will even go forward.

• Like 1

Was it ever designed to do this?

I don't think it is. I want to say it allows you to send a handful of pre-defined stock responses like "I'll call you later" or things like that, but my phone doesn't support the bluetooth MAP profile so I've never been able to mess with it.

Was it ever designed to do this? I believe some people (not you) want this system to do things it was never designed to do in the first place. Because it doesn't do what they think it should, it's a failure.

Yes, it was. At least, the Sync in our '09 Flex does. I can send a text without ever touching my phone.

I don't think it is. I want to say it allows you to send a handful of pre-defined stock responses like "I'll call you later" or things like that, but my phone doesn't support the bluetooth MAP profile so I've never been able to mess with it.

Yes, it was. At least, the Sync in our '09 Flex does. I can send a text without ever touching my phone.

I just took a look online at the MFT section in the first printing of the owner's manual (my manual) and it does in fact state that text messaging is phone dependant. I'm going to try to send a text by voice when I leave work and see if the vehicle needs to be parked or rolling. I wonder if you have to have a feature like Siri to send voice texts.

I just took a look online at the MFT section in the first printing of the owner's manual (my manual) and it does in fact state that text messaging is phone dependant. I'm going to try to send a text by voice when I leave work and see if the vehicle needs to be parked or rolling. I wonder if you have to have a feature like Siri to send voice texts.

Rolling is fine. Your phone has to support voice commands and the proper BlueTooth profiles.

My phone is a Windows 8 phone, though it did work with my Windows 7/7.5 phone as well.

It turns out I can receive messages but cannot send messages by voice. The "voice" says my device (iPhone 4) does not support that function. So, I hope it's part of the v3.6 upgrade.

It won't be any part of the v3.6 upgrade. It's your phone, not Sync/MFT.

Again, it is the limitation of the phone, not MFT.

Just to make sure you are clear, no amount of upgrades to MFT will add that feature to your phone. This is not a Ford/MFT issue, it is an Applie issue since they chose not to support the proper BT profiles.

Oh, and also, this will never be resolved by an upgrade to MFT. YOU HAVE TO GET A NEW PHONE IF YOU WANT IT TO WORK!

Just to make sure you are clear, no amount of upgrades to MFT will add that feature to your phone. This is not a Ford/MFT issue, it is an Applie issue since they chose not to support the proper BT profiles.

Oh, and also, this will never be resolved by an upgrade to MFT. YOU HAVE TO GET A NEW PHONE IF YOU WANT IT TO WORK!

Calm down...

Going to have to disagree with this, I'm pretty sure Ford implemented the MAP protocol incorrectly. I've owned 3 phones that support MAP - HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO LTE and now the HTC ONE. The MyFord Touch system will display text messages (and read it to me) and will also let me manually (using the screen) send one of the pre-written messages. But if I try to do it by voice, I get an error message saying my phone does not support Messaging. (which is clearly does).

• Like 1

Going to have to disagree with this, I'm pretty sure Ford implemented the MAP protocol incorrectly. I've owned 3 phones that support MAP - HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO LTE and now the HTC ONE. The MyFord Touch system will display text messages (and read it to me) and will also let me manually (using the screen) send one of the pre-written messages. But if I try to do it by voice, I get an error message saying my phone does not support Messaging. (which is clearly does).

I don't know what to tell you, but I know mine works. Of course, we just have Sync and not MFT, but I don't think Ford would implement it correctly in Sync, then break it in MFT.