2015 Lincoln Navigator Spied Testing on Public Roads

He removed himself from here after getting beat up for his tirades on things...

That sucks and hardly surprising here.. He actually buys new products and has more right to comment then most people on this site. I enjoyed his reviews of the auto shows and perspective.

• Like 1

I doubt that the 5.0 V8 would add any improvement to the 5.4's current economy but the Ecoboost V6 would certainly boost the ratings.

I wonder if the 5.4 goes away completely and the Expedition/Navigator becomes Ecoboost V6 and maybe 6.2 instead of 5.0...

Edited by jpd80

I doubt that the 5.0 V8 would add any improvement to the 5.4's current economy but the Ecoboost V6 would certainly boost the ratings.

I wonder if the 5.4 goes away completely and the Expedition/Navigator becomes Ecoboost V6 and maybe 6.2 instead of 5.0...

I wouldn't see a reason for the 5.4 to stick around with at least 3 other options available as you mentioned.

I gotta wonder why Ford is still building the 5.4 when the 5.0 is so much better from what I've heard/read. Is it that much cheaper to build? Is the 5.0 constrained by demand?

I hope when this thing comes out the 5.4 isn't in it. 300ish hp just doesn't cut it when the escalade has been over 400 for a generation.

I gotta wonder why Ford is still building the 5.4 when the 5.0 is so much better from what I've heard/read. Is it that much cheaper to build? Is the 5.0 constrained by demand?

I hope when this thing comes out the 5.4 isn't in it. 300ish hp just doesn't cut it when the escalade has been over 400 for a generation.

I think the simple answer is just because they haven't upgraded the Expy/Navi really at all since 2007, so they've just kept it the same. I'd be very surprised if the 5.4 were still in it with a refresh.

I think the simple answer is just because they haven't upgraded the Expy/Navi really at all since 2007, so they've just kept it the same. I'd be very surprised if the 5.4 were still in it with a refresh.

Wasn't thre a commitment to the CAW to keep the 5.4/6.8 going for a prescribed time?

Although, I could Imagine Ford working through a stockpile of engines similar to the 4.6/5.4 2Vs for CV and E-Series.

Clarification,

I meant simply replacing the 5.4 with the 5.0 Coyote wouldn't necessarily mean a significant increase in fuel economy,

we're seeing 21 mpg for the 5.0 F150 compared to 20 mpg for the 5.4 F150 and current Expedition...

.......Maybe a 6.2 Raptor-dition?

Edited by jpd80

5.4 is still being made because E-150 and Expedition are still being made. It's that simple... When both get updated/discontinued next year, 5.4 will quietly fade out.

This Expy/'gator facelift was originally planned for 2012 model year, one year after F-150 switched to the new 5.0 and 3.5 Ecoboost, so there is no reason to believe Ford would have continued with the 5.4 in the Expy/'gator if 2012 facelift had happened on schedule. Even less reason to hang on to 5.4 now that E-150 is also going out.

The Navi really needs to step forward as the current flagship, strange as it sounds. It's the largest, has the most interior to "decorate", and is maybe closest to what the traditional Lincoln buyers still like. I really hope this MCE is more thorough than the last, because the last, to me, represents what went so badly for Lincoln in recent years.

• Like 1