2014 MKC Spied

It's been on the street at least since late winter early spring. In the background of the pics with the full wrap there are no leaves on the trees, the grass is brown and a couple of pics there's snow on the ground. The first five pics look like the vehicle is staged for photos, deliberate "spy" shots to get the ball rolling? I like the pixelated figure, it's like he's driving around nude and they can't show it.

Edited by transitman

I think it'll be a big sales help, for at least the first year or more. I hope it comes out with at least one of the new motors, as the speculation has been going on for some time.

I'm actually glad to see that the MKC raised the roofline a bit. Ford's had enough "...headroom compromised by roofline" comments for the time being.

• Like 1

I like it! It seems to flow better than the Escape.

It's been on the street at least since late winter early spring. In the background of the pics with the full wrap there are no leaves on the trees, the grass is brown and a couple of pics there's snow on the ground. The first five pics look like the vehicle is staged for photos, deliberate "spy" shots to get the ball rolling? I like the pixelated figure, it's like he's driving around nude and they can't show it.

Yes, those were the old photos. They just added the new ones to the beginning of the list of photos.

Yes, those were the old photos. They just added the new ones to the beginning of the list of photos.

I've been following MKC progress and hadn't seen those pics before, not much to see.

Interesting that there is what appears to be a column shift and the Lincoln signature push-button "shifter" on the center stack. I don't recall seeing pictures of camouflaged interiors before...

I don't see it, I believe that's the wiper stalk. I'm not too keen on the center stack AC vents, unless they cobbled something together until the interior design is finalized.

Edited by transitman

The interior pictures are a few months old, but I'm not sure they were ever posted on this site. The only shifters I see are the push buttons on the center stack and paddle shifters for sport mode on the steering wheel. It looks like a base trim level with some pieces missing, so it may not be representative of the final version. Also it's hard to tell but the MyLincoln Touch screen looks like it may be more monochromatic along the lines of the concept.

Don't know who they're fooling (themselves, likely) with the fake tail lights on the camouflage. I don't care for the MKT's tail lights because it makes it look a bit fat-a$$ed. Not sure it would be much different on this.

Looking at the side view, I'm guessing the rear door windows don't roll down all the way? Is that acceptable for a luxury marque in 2014?

I like the profile, though.

Just a random observation.

Looks like the MKC will get Tandem Wipers, which is different than the Escape. It looks as if Fords are getting opposable wipers, so no engineering needs to be switched for vehicle side where NA/China designed vehicles will go with the traditional Tandem design.

The Spy shots on the Edge look like it will also get Opposable Wipers.

The opposable wipers seem to add unneccesary complication to the wiper function. Everytime you lift them off the windshield to clean it during a fill up they shift around up and down a bit which is a nuisance. They're also less aesthetically pleasing in action than traditional tandem units. Perhaps that would be acceptable if the "rain-sensing" wipers would work with any regularity or predictability. I'd much prefer standard, preset intermittent speeds than the Escape's maddening wipers.

• Like 1

The vehicle is well proportioned and seems to have a shorter front overhang than the Escape, at least visually shorter.

Given the huge success of the hybrid MKZ, I'm thinking a hybrid version of the MKC would be a brilliant move by Lincoln. The market is ripe for someone like Lincoln to enter in a big way.

Edited by JasonM

The vehicle is well proportioned and seems to have a shorter front overhang than the Escape, at least visually shorter.

Given the huge success of the hybrid MKZ, I'm thinking a hybrid version of the MKC would be a brilliant move by Lincoln. The market is ripe for someone like Lincoln to enter in a big way.

I'm expecting hybrid versions of almost all new Lincoln's under the Green Label moniker.

They already announced Black Label and someone else said they were doing Green Label for hybrids and Red Label for performance models. Makes perfect sense to me.

I could see red for performance but in the next few years all non performance would be Green label. Come late decade basically everything is going to be a hybrid.

I could see red for performance but in the next few years all non performance would be Green label. Come late decade basically everything is going to be a hybrid.

?? I think it will be a lot farther out than late decade before all cars are hybrid, if ever. Hybrids have a long way to go be that mainstream as I bet the majority of the public still would not buy the technology.

?? I think it will be a lot farther out than late decade before all cars are hybrid, if ever. Hybrids have a long way to go be that mainstream as I bet the majority of the public still would not buy the technology.

When it is the only option they have they will. Looking at the increase in sales of hybrids in the past few years they are gaining acceptance as they are becoming cost effective for people that drive 12,000-15,000 miles a year that plus CAFE is forcing the market in that direction.