FORD NHRA Sponsorship

WHy is FORD dropping the NHRA sponsership of Funny Cars ??????????????

NHRA is better than NASCAR crap, FORD do you want Toyota to dominate all racing ???????????

Of course, you already know that the NHRA has been a Chrysler creature for decades, which is why Ford cannot run their 429/460 big block, because the bore centers are greater than the Chrysler Hemi's, which is the NHRA limit.

Toyota is going to "dominate all racing"? In your dreams, maybe.

Times change, and that's why Ford has gone elsewhere, with drivers like Ken Block and Autocross, and the new EB effort that set the new lap record at Daytona. :)

• Like 1

NHRA is better than NASCAR crap, FORD do you want Toyota to dominate all racing ???????????

NHRA, not unlike Indycar racing(unfortunately, as I'm a fan of the ICS), is a fading discipline in the world of racing.

Drag racing is a spectacle, but your driver is done in a few seconds per round. In a NASCAR race, the vehicles resemble their showroom siblings much more, even if they are still race cars under the skin. NHRA racing can't help teach dynamics of braking or handling, just high-power stresses and the same basic safety information that comes from any number of racing disciplines.

And yeah, I wish Ford was using Indy's turbo V6 regs to show off Ecoboost motors.

The NASCAR Cup Series draws 100,000 plus people per event up to 36 times a year and is the most watched form of motorsports on TV. The NASCAR Nationwide Series is the second most form of motorsports on TV. NHRA is usually not even shown live. That should tell you something.

• Like 1

I know Ford can't tell people how to run their business but Roush really needs help with their chassis setups. I watch week after week as their 3 drivers struggle to hold onto 10th to 15th position while those damn Hendrick and JGR entries run away with it all day. Thankfully we have Penske to soften the blow, they seem to be in the thick of things week in week out. If they're all using FR9 for power the only thing left at Roush Fenway must be the chassis setups. The damn things won't turn. Its just frustrating.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Ford should drop NASCAR also

the racing their is a joke and NASCAR picks the winners.

I totally agree....get out of NASCAR. Proof will be in 3 weeks when NASCAR gives the title to TOYOTA! In other news, John Force took his 16th Funnycar Title when he beat his daughter , Courtney, last weekend! One more year and Ford is out. Courtney and her nude photo spread was very inappropriate...I think John was not too happy with that!

^ he might be referring to Sports Illustrated Body's issue. She was smoking hot and very tastefully done like Playboy (minus showing tatas and tacos). It wasn't inappropriate, if my daughter did something like that I really wouldn't mind.

Well, I have to disagree about approving nude family photos for the entire world to view! Does your approval stop at nude shots of your daughters.....or would it include nude photos of your wife also? All Courtney is doing is allowing perverts to lust after her body! Sorry, I'm probably old school to some....but this is not normal behavior.

Edited by bobbyd

Well, I have to disagree about approving nude family photos for the entire world to view! Does your approval stop at nude shots of your daughters.....or would it include nude photos of your wife also? All Courtney is doing is allowing perverts to lust after her body! Sorry, I'm probably old school to some....but this is not normal behavior.

Sports Illustrated doesn't do full nudes. And you can see more at the beach than some of the magazine photo shoots.

And perverts are going to lust after her even if she's wearing a racing suit.

• Like 1

Sports Illustrated doesn't do full nudes. And you can see more at the beach than some of the magazine photo shoots.

It was ESPN the Magazine, and she was undeniably nekkid. You couldn't see the "naughty bits" because of strategic placement of arms and props, but she didn't have a stitch on. You'd have to go to a nude beach to see more...

Not that I'm complaining, mind you. :wub:

• Like 1

It was ESPN the Magazine, and she was undeniably nekkid. You couldn't see the "naughty bits" because of strategic placement of arms and props, but she didn't have a stitch on. You'd have to go to a nude beach to see more...

Not that I'm complaining, mind you. :wub:

Thanks for making my google search easier.

"gives the title"? Pretty sure I saw a bunch of cars racing for it all year long, and while it's unlikely a Ford driver takes it this year, I didn't notice a lot of "giving".

NASCAR will continue to be a place for Ford to go racing, and John Force was in the "body" magazine previously.

I totally agree....get out of NASCAR. Proof will be in 3 weeks when NASCAR gives the title to TOYOTA! In other news, John Force took his 16th Funnycar Title when he beat his daughter , Courtney, last weekend! One more year and Ford is out. Courtney and her nude photo spread was very inappropriate...I think John was not too happy with that!

The fix has been in at Nascar for years. Years.

It was in back in the 60s, and it's either the same people that were in it back then, or it's their kids. What would have ever changed?

No. Nascar doesn't 'pick' winners--at least not as a general rule. But you better believe that they tip the scales all. the. time.

"gives the title"? Pretty sure I saw a bunch of cars racing for it all year long, and while it's unlikely a Ford driver takes it this year, I didn't notice a lot of "giving".

NASCAR will continue to be a place for Ford to go racing, and John Force was in the "body" magazine previously.

You will see that I'm right when Toyota wins the championship. (Personally, I am a Ford guy but would love to see Toyota lose to Chevy..ugh, I hate saying those names). Anyway, lets look at Ford's future in NASCAR...basically only Roush and Penske teams. Neither one of these teams has dominated a single race and won all year long...or last year either!

Ford is 8th place in Owners points and dead last in Manufacturers points. Roush has Stenhouse (no hope) as their future and currently old man Biffle. (we all saw his desperation when he grabbed Johnson after the race). Edwards hit his prime when he lost to Stewart (thanx to Burton) and ,in time, probably will become a commentator like Jarrett and Rusty! Chrysler was wise to pull out, and it never hurt their sales. Penske has Brad and Joey...but the dominance is Toyota and Chevy! It will only get worse next year! By the way, when was the last time you saw a full crowd at any NASCAR race. Martinsville lastweek was pathetic..all the empty seats camouflaged and the cameras trying to only focus on the main grandstands where everyone was hustled into for the cameras to view! Seriously, how many of your friends follow NASCAR. Be honest!

Edited by bobbyd