2015 Mustang Rendering (supposedly) based off of CAD Images

http://jalopnik.com/this-is-the-best-rendering-of-the-2015-ford-mustang-yet-1445533766?

post-6726-0-68614800-1381852671.jpg

post-6726-0-50211000-1381852586.jpg

This rendering, said to be based on CAD images, is the closest we've seen to what the production version of the 2015 Ford Mustang will look like. More importantly, this is the closest we've seen to what the base model – the Mustang everyone buys anyway – will look like.

JarStang over at Mustang6G.com posted a few versions of the renderings that reveal the sixth-generation Mustang in its tamest form. From what we're seeing here, it's also a rather restrained update from the current car, even though there are expected to be a host of new bits under the skin.

Still, it's not hard to see this new car is going to be sleeker than the present Mustang and the more prominent fastback shape is best viewed from the renderings of the car's backside

post-6726-0-68614800-1381852671_thumb.jpg

Edited by Intrepidatious

I like it so far...and I have a feeling that real deal will look even better with the surface detailing being more apparent on it or the curvature of the lines looking better in 3D. I do wish they did push the styling on it a bit more, but at least it still looks like a Mustang, for better or worse.

I like it so far...and I have a feeling that real deal will look even better with the surface detailing being more apparent on it or the curvature of the lines looking better in 3D. I do wish they did push the styling on it a bit more, but at least it still looks like a Mustang, for better or worse.

But does it look too much like a Mustang? In particular, the previous Mustang? I don't think this goes nearly far enough to take it forward for another several years. This looks like a refresh so far.

But does it look too much like a Mustang? In particular, the previous Mustang? I don't think this goes nearly far enough to take it forward for another several years. This looks like a refresh so far.

Good question, but given the hard points on the car, how much more could they make it look different?

It looks similar to the outgoing car, but I wouldn't call it a refresh since it doesn't share a single panel with the outgoing car either. Outside of the 1979 Mustang and maybe the 1994 Mustang, there really hasn't been a radical change in the evolution of the Mustang styling wise. The Mustang II still had alot styling cues from the original model.

I'm getting the feeling that the biggest changes are going to be whats under the sheetmetal...we are going from a rough and tumble Pony car to a proper, well balanced sports car with the minimum of inconveniences that the current car has.

IF (big if) it ends up looking like this, I see it as a return to a more simpler design ethos that will attract a greater number of buyers.

"Return" you say? Sure.

Think about this: from the very beginning of the Mustang you had designs that got a bit wilder and out there as each generation was introduced (King Cobra anyone?).

Then came the Fox body Mustang. It eschewed the unnecessary and sometimes distracting scoops and flairs for a simple design that attracted record numbers of buyers. It was a turning point for the Mustang....a "reset" if you will. (Note: it also didn't hurt that horsepower was coming back right around the same time).

With it's simple lines, every update that was made to the car changed it's entire personality without any sheet metal changes. I mean jeez, these are the same cars:

1979_00013_01.jpg

1993_00029_01.jpg

If what we see in the first post is the final form of the new Mustang, I see it as a "minor reset" (since it does retain a lot of the style of the current car). The newest Fox body Mustang if you will. I'm not going to say it is beautiful or as attractive as the current Mustang. But I will say it will most likely age better and cast a wider net.

Edited by Intrepidatious

Good question, but given the hard points on the car, how much more could they make it look different?

It looks similar to the outgoing car, but I wouldn't call it a refresh since it doesn't share a single panel with the outgoing car either. Outside of the 1979 Mustang and maybe the 1994 Mustang, there really hasn't been a radical change in the evolution of the Mustang styling wise. The Mustang II still had alot styling cues from the original model.

I'm getting the feeling that the biggest changes are going to be whats under the sheetmetal...we are going from a rough and tumble Pony car to a proper, well balanced sports car with the minimum of inconveniences that the current car has.

The car has been around for 10 years! It's time to change the hardpoints! And the 2010 didn't share any exterior panels with the previous one either save the roof.

Edited by NickF1011

The car has been around for 10 years! It's time to change the hardpoints! And the 2010 didn't share any exterior panels with the previous one either save the roof.

The hardpoints have been changed, if you believe the car has gotten smaller lengthwise, and the cowl height has def changed on the upcoming model vs the current model.

The panels might not have been identical on the 2009 and 2006 MY Mustangs, but they sure as hell looked identical to one another. The only change on the 2009 MY Mustang was the addition of hips on the rear fender...otherwise the greenhouse is identical. Its changed on this car as far as I can tell.

The hardpoints have been changed, if you believe the car has gotten smaller lengthwise, and the cowl height has def changed on the upcoming model vs the current model.

The panels might not have been identical on the 2009 and 2006 MY Mustangs, but they sure as hell looked identical to one another. The only change on the 2009 MY Mustang was the addition of hips on the rear fender...otherwise the greenhouse is identical. Its changed on this car as far as I can tell.

If they went through the trouble of actually changing the hardpoints and it ends up looking like this, they should ask for their money back.

Every quarter panel, door panels, and both front and rear ends were changed on the S197 refresh.

• Like 1

I understand that, but the roof was carry over till it hit the rear fenders...thats the point I was making.

Looking at this rendering, it looks like it very well still could have the same roof. All they did was remove the exterior sheet metal from the B-pillar and reshaped the C-pillar skin. And given that no spy shots of a visible B-pillar have emerged yet, we don't even know that they went that far.

I do not believe this rendering holds any water at all. That could've been done in some kids basement on any CAD program. The amount of resource Ford has, their current track record for results and innovative design and someone is going to claim that THIS is what they've come up with to not only soldier the Mustang on but also on its 50th anniversary!?? No F'in way. I say this is bunk and nothing more than a hoax. That rendering looks nothing like the EVOS which we've been told for over a year now that the car would take a lot of styling ques from. No way, this is the current car with a different grill/nose.

Not buying it.

• Like 1

I do not believe this rendering holds any water at all. That could've been done in some kids basement on any CAD program. The amount of resource Ford has, their current track record for results and innovative design and someone is going to claim that THIS is what they've come up with to not only soldier the Mustang on but also on its 50th anniversary!?? No F'in way. I say this is bunk and nothing more than a hoax. That rendering looks nothing like the EVOS which we've been told for over a year now that the car would take a lot of styling ques from. No way, this is the current car with a different grill/nose.

Not buying it.

I sincerely hope you are correct.........

• Like 1