Lincoln Coupe

Focus06

Based it on the mustang that Car and Driver recently released.

I'm hoping Lincoln comes out with an NSX fighter. base model can be 2.5T (or whatever four cylinder is going in th emustang) with a hybrid drivetrain. Top model could be an ecoboost version of 3.7 or ecoboost v8.

I made the roof black as I would like to see a panoramic roof on it as standard, with a solar panel roof as an option.

Was just playing around with the idea of it really.

post-45336-0-40380400-1383422362_thumb.png

post-45336-0-44361700-1383597452_thumb.png

Edited by Focus06

• 2 years later...

Lincoln Coupe wouldn't be until next decade and based on a new platform, not the Mustang which is a low cost and inflexible platform poorly suited to the needs of Lincoln. The 2020 Mustang is still based on a revision of the existing platform. The power and capability put into the CD4 platforms for 2017 MKZ and Fusion Sport should give you a good indication of where a Lincoln coupe could go.

Edited by BORG

Mustang is CD sized and it makes no sense to keep it on its own bespoke platform with CD6 RWD vehicles coming. It also makes no sense to move up the Mustang new design by 2 years unless it was to coincide with CD6.

I don't think CD6 will replace CD4 on the lower end Ford products (Fusion, Edge).

• Like 1

So people honestly believe the Ford Explorer and Mustang are going to share a platform? Don't believe the silly rumors started on this board, they never make sense.

The 2020 Mustang platform is codenamed S650...the current one is S550. So yeah...not CD6.

Edited by BORG

So people honestly believe the Ford Explorer and Mustang are going to share a platform? Don't believe the silly rumors started on this board, they never make sense.

The 2020 Mustang platform is codenamed S650...the current one is S550. So yeah...not CD6.

Program codes don't tell the whole story. The code for the 2017 Continental is D544, yet it uses the CD4 platform. The current Fusion is CD396, yet it stopped using the CD3 platform in MY2013. Edited by fuzzymoomoo
  • Like 1

Program codes don't tell the whole story. The code for the 2017 Continental is D544, yet it uses the CD4 platform. The current Fusion is CD396, yet it stopped using the CD3 platform in MY2013.

Explorer was U something or other. Doesn't mean anything.

• Like 1