Diesel lower-end passenger cars, among other things!

Romans5.8

I realize there are some difficulties with Diesel engines in the U.S.. I also realize not everyone wants them. But, surely someone wants to be nearly the only one to make it?

Volkwagen has bigger Diesel sedans at a higher price point. Chevrolet finally comes out with a Diesel Cruze but ONLY in the top trim level. What if we could get an average-equipped Focus SE with the Diesel engines available abroad (and their accompanying gas mileage)? I'm all for it!

Would also like to see better manual transmissions, like a 6 speed available on non-ST focus models. There are some of us who still enjoy a stick shift!

Also- remote start availability on a manual car. It can, and has been done. Other vehicles accomplish this by using sensors to ensure the vehicle is in neutral with the parking brake on before starting. There are aftermarket options that can do this as well.

Would also like to see a Small V-6 pickup :) Think Honda Ridgeline. That thing is everything RIGHT about a small pickup. The interior is appointed like a mid-sized sedan, not like a fleet pickup truck. Meaning it's a comfortable, quiet interior. I think the small pickup market would prefer for the interior to feel like an SUV, not like a work truck like the Ranger did. It also has neat features like a bed that opens up for additional storage, and some nice styling. It's perfect for those of us who don't need a full sized pickup, but would like 4 wheel drive, and the ability to tow a boat or something. The escape is a nice 'second place', but obviously, it lacks a bed! I'd use a bed more often than I would a hatch.

My wish list anyway!

-John

The Ridgeline is hardly small. I would also call it an SUV with a bed, not a truck.

Fair enough. Essentially my point was those sorts of features and feel on a small pickup would be cool. An SUV with a bed is probably an accurate description! The Ranger was an uber-basic truck. Which I don't mind, but perhaps that's among the reasons it wouldn't sell? Either way, I'd love to see a Ranger again. This supposed new 2.3L 350 horsepower Ecoboost 4 cylinder would be a beautiful match for a truck like that. Small, light, efficient, but could pull a horse trailer with that kind of power!

• Like 1

I don't see the production 2.3EB getting anywhere near 350HP. Yes, the engine is capable of that. But it wouldn't hold up in the long run or get good FE.

I see the 2.3 coming in at just shy of 300HP. Basically a replacement for the 3.5NA and probably 3.7NA. Smack in the middle power wise.

Rumored 2.7EB baby V6 will likely be close to that 350HP though.