2015 Chevy Colorado

Anthony

Interior is nothing to write home about (but better then the overseas version), but <gasp> I could see myself buying one of these.

Some history on compact / smaller trucks and me. I've owned (both bought new) a '92 Ranger and an '97 S-10. I went from the Ranger to an '94 F-150 Supercab.....then back to compact with the S-10. I'm no fan of GM, but that S-10 was really one of the favorite vehicles I've ever owned. Perfect sized, decent interior (for '97) and it took everything I threw at it.

That's easy. Different grille. Different wheels. Different badge. You weren't expecting any more, were you?

I said GMC, not Mercury. GM does a fairly decent job of differentiating their vehicles IMHO. Certainly better than Ford used to.

If priced reasonably this could be the replacement to my Escape.

• Like 1

I said GMC, not Mercury. GM does a fairly decent job of differentiating their vehicles IMHO. Certainly better than Ford used to.

Well, they do better than Ford did when Mercury was still around, but when Mercury was still around, you couldn't tell a GMC from a Chevy without looking at the name.

It still doesn't justify keeping GMC around. Just make the GMC a Chevy and be done with it.

Well, it does look better then that funky one they put in the Impala. But then again, an onion bagel would look better.

2014-Chevrolet-Impala-Steering-Wheel.jpg

8000 RPM and no redline? 140 MPH speedo?

What kind of truck motor does that?

And why can't they put the fuel filler on the driver's side?

Edited by RangerM

Looks pretty good to me. Interesting there is a floor shift but none on the full size. No reg cabs is a fail. It will be very interesting to see gas mileage numbers and it sounds like there will maybe be a stick shift on the base 4 banger.

Agree on the reg cab. Does it clearly state that? Sounds to me like they are giving up a whole market segment- Like Orkin the pest control guys-they were always a Ranger fleet. Most of the auto parts stores around here anyway used Ranger, Colorado reg cabs etc etc.