2013 Ford Escape Recalled for 7th Time

Transpower

I will never agin buy a new product from FORD. This is my 11th Ford product and worst one I have bought so far. The Escape is not great on as mileage unless you drive like an old lady. The automatic shaift all the time and it is

bad when starting cold. I would recommend buying another brand of small SUV.

I will never agin buy a new product from FORD. This is my 11th Ford product and worst one I have bought so far. The Escape is not great on as mileage unless you drive like an old lady. The automatic shaift all the time and it is

bad when starting cold. I would recommend buying another brand of small SUV.

OK, thanks for your opinion.

A C-Max is NOT an SUV! I can't go off-road with it!

Get Real! Unless you want to destroy the undercarriage or at the very least get stranded and require a Wrecker to tow you back to a paved road, a Ford Escape even with the AWD Option is (Not) intended for Off The Road use and doing so would possibly Void your new vehicle warranty should damage occur doing so. Don`t let a Photo in a Sales Brochure deceive you.

Get Real! Unless you want to destroy the undercarriage or at the very least get stranded and require a Wrecker to tow you back to a paved road, a Ford Escape even with the AWD Option is (Not) intended for Off The Road use and doing so would possibly Void your new vehicle warranty should damage occur doing so. Don`t let a Photo in a Sales Brochure deceive you.

There are many levels of off-roading. The Escape is at the lower end to be sure.

• 1 month later...

akirby kma

What was that for? All I said was I didn't think any of the problems with the Escape engine had anything to do with long term reliability - they were faulty parts that once replaced won't fail again. If you have evidence to the contrary let's hear it - or are you just trolling now because you're not happy with your Escape?

• Like 1

they were faulty parts that once replaced won't fail again.

You would think that would be the case but apprently it isn't.

In addition, in those vehicles built between Oct. 5, 2011, and July 11, 2012, engine-compartment fuel lines may have been installed incorrectly when repaired under a previous recall, and could chafe and eventually leak fuel

http://blogs.cars.com/kickingtires/2013/11/recall-alert-2013-ford-escape.html

You would think that would be the case but apprently it isn't.

In addition, in those vehicles built between Oct. 5, 2011, and July 11, 2012, engine-compartment fuel lines may have been installed incorrectly when repaired under a previous recall, and could chafe and eventually leak fuel

http://blogs.cars.com/kickingtires/2013/11/recall-alert-2013-ford-escape.html

Still something that would happen under warranty and not a long term durability issue.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I read the supplement to the recall and it appears to be some type of water diversion valve, shielding and new oil dipstick. There are attachments to explain installation that I have not seen, but the supplement says it is a complex repair. 5 hours allotted by Ford, which probably really means 8. They will pay for 2 days rental.