6F Tranmission

Fusion/Milan have never used the Aisin unit. They were the first to use the JV unit.

Really? I thought the Edge, MKX & MKZ were going to be the first to use the JV unit? And I think the AWD Fusion & AWD Milan would get it, but the FWD versions would still use the Aisin until production gets fully ramped up on the JV?

Anything that FOE uses that we dont?

FOE's automatics don't seem to be anything special, but then again why should they be? Most cars under the executive class are sold with manual transmissions there. Ford does offer their Durashift EST transmission however, which might work here. Whatever the case, Ford definitely needs some sort of state of the art automatic for its compacts and B cars in North America.

http://media.ford.com/article_display.cfm?article_id=17191

"While the Durashift automatic transmission is a fully automatic system, the Durashift EST (Electronic Shift Technology) is an advanced manual transmission. It is an electro-mechanical development of Ford's Durashift 5-speed (IB5) mechanical gearbox and is, in essence, an 'intelligent' manual gearbox with an automated mode"

I would like to see the B sled have a 2 liter option, if possible, and a 6-speed optional manual/auto transmission. IMHO, it might be a popular option, and it might add to used-car salability further down the road, compared to the Asian competition, who don't stand still, and may have 6-speeds as standard by 2010. That also means all the funky go-fast 2.0 parts out there in the aftermarket can be used, like Cosworth heads and stuff.