OHAP in the news

cal50

Oh you should see how the people found out! There was supposedly this email from the plant manager to the chairman and then the chairman's response. No town hall meeting, nothing! And this was the day AFTER the union meeting where everything was being reported out as hunky dory! Now either the chairman was lying to us OR the company has that little respect for this guy! Furthermore, a notification of this magnitude is NOT conveyed in the form of an email nor is it conveyed by the plant manager. They either call you to the Region or Detroit and sit you down face to face....unless they don't respect you....something tells me though that this is going to be an underhanded little ploy by the chairman since our election is in a couple of months....he's going to say that there won't be any new product unless HE is re-elected!

• Like 1

Not a good way to treat hundreds of employees & families.

Communication does not cost money and its yet another thing the UAW does poorly, if at all.

Every time I hear the plea to "organize" the competition its laughable when you can not communicate with the existing membership in a single plant or nationwide.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

rotating 2 weeks on and off thats better than laying off 900 people indefinetly.its a good idea up north is buying into it so somthing good must be going to come in time.its going to be rough but not as rough as a permananant layoff. i see theres a letter on the floor thats stateing theres a meeting next friday the internationals and fords reps are coming down to ohap hope its good news we need it.alot of people aint really feelin this election at ohap its like yeah yeah yeah blah blah blah this guys throwin shirts around that guys talkin trash and the steakfry things goin on and they all the sudden start goin to union meetings and care for everyone really really?just give us a product please we all know its fords deal here its not a political deal its a buisness deal ford runs there company not the union.if ford reps go to a plant and see a bunch of union reps acting like complete fools and the wanta bee reps acting like fools watcha think they will take up north with them?bottom line at ohap for us workers put the the politics in the back seat keep working and are fates in fords hands not the election or the politics.

sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Soup, they have openings at LAP and KTP.....there were postings.....people from OHAP that wanted to go should have had the opportunity.....backfill with LTS if necessary but give the folks a chance.....and yes, I've noticed the new faces at the union meetings.....some of them are even currently elected reps.

Solidarity is a buzz word and tossed around alot, except when the topic is posting transfers for other members and how they are received. Most locals are all for hiring off the street vs allowing transfers of members, especially any with seniority.

I don't blame Ford because they are only concerned with head count and not picky where they come from. It's the union allowing new highers before soliciting transfers.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I agree with your statement cal. I have worked at 5 different plants and everywhere I went the local mentality was to "take care of their own first" before new UAW members who were transferred. I think by now we should all be able to understand that being transferred to another facility is not that unusual or out of the question. I support the whole union concept but despise the mentality of much of the current leadership.

Edited by Hard Driver

lets see numerous elected state officials here ,new product announced, transfers offered for those who want, your choice cep,lep,Kentucky, yet the season of the year says everyone is being screwed and this person will make it right, now says, elect me president ,just what we want, a person whose knowledge can barely get them to the bathroom, representing all of us, I learned a long time ago, if all you got to say is something bad about someone else, there must not be something good about you