Lincoln 2.3L EcoBoost Horsepower

Bastards should have stuffed that in the Fusion. Although I wonder what power it makes on 87 and 91. We don't have 93 in Cali.

Probably the originally announced MKC figures of 275 HP and 300 lb ft. 2.3 Ecoboost roll out into other vehicles is a formality,

there is no way Ford can hold tis engine back from eager customers.....shame it's not here already ahead of Spring/Summer sales.

Edited by jpd80

Bastards should have stuffed that in the Fusion. Although I wonder what power it makes on 87 and 91. We don't have 93 in Cali.

I'm willing to bet the 2.3EB will be in a Fusion-ST by this time next year

&

unless it's changed in the last 4 years, there used to a station selling 93 (& higher iirc) between Inglewood and the Marina in SoCa

It's the same old story of adding products, be it an engine potion, Mondeo 5-door hatch, Station wagon... ect.

I'm sure that more things are on the cards once main products are built out, this year will be even bigger than 2013.

I'm predicting a couple of prime 35K months and a few more 28-30K months and FRAP playing a pivotal production role

Mind you, replacing the 2.5 PFI with a 2.3 DI could be an option and deliver more Mazda 6 like fuel economy...

Edited by jpd80

Since when has HP been important for mid-sized family sedans?

A Fusion ST w/2.3L EB would be great but it's certainly not hurting the Fusion right now not having it.

Adding an ST Fusion with the 2.3EB would give Ford a higher end model to make more profit per unit.

That is a great way to add profit when production can be constrained. It would also boost desirability for Fusion across the board.

I'll hold out for an AWD Fusion GT Wagon, with a 360HP 2.7 EB.

Edited by Trailhiker
  • Like 1

Adding an ST Fusion with the 2.3EB would give Ford a higher end model to make more profit per unit.

That is a great way to add profit when production can be constrained. It would also boost desirability for Fusion across the board.

I'll hold out for an AWD Fusion GT Wagon, with a 360HP 2.7 EB.

Of course, but that's different than saying it NEEDS the 2.3L.

I wouldn't count on the 2.7L EB in the Fusion although it should show up in the MKZ with AWD. Wouldn't hold your breath on the wagon though.

Since when has HP been important for mid-sized family sedans?

A Fusion ST w/2.3L EB would be great but it's certainly not hurting the Fusion right now not having it.

one only has to look at the Hp of the Fiesta St in relation to the Focus St to garner where a Fusions ST hp will fall, my guess....325-350...which rules out the 2.3 ( although the figures ford is throwing around on that engine seem somewhat conservative )

one only has to look at the Hp of the Fiesta St in relation to the Focus St to garner where a Fusions ST hp will fall, my guess....325-350...which rules out the 2.3 ( although the figures ford is throwing around on that engine seem somewhat conservative )

If we are going to play the guessing game, we need to see what the competition is doing. Fiesta St and Focus ST tracks petty closely to what the competitors are offering - e.g. Fiesta ST vs Mini Cooper S, VW Polo GTI (overseas) etc; Focus ST vs. VW Golf GTI, Subaru WRX, Renault Megane RS (overseas) etc.

Here is the real question... what does Fusion (nee Mondeo) ST compete with in the market place(s)? How would Ford position it?

I don't have the answer for those questions per se but you can see that there is slim pickings in terms of performance model in this size car, outside of luxury brands like BMW/Audi/Mercedes/Lexus version of the M/S/AMG/F models.

There isn't as much competition for Fusion ST as there is for Fiesta and Focus ST. I see it more as a way to add incremental sales from folks considering an Accord or Camry or Altima or Sonata or Optima inexpensively. Inexpensive because the drivetrain already exists in transverse form in the MKC and presumably the MKZ.

If we are going to play the guessing game, we need to see what the competition is doing. Fiesta St and Focus ST tracks petty closely to what the competitors are offering - e.g. Fiesta ST vs Mini Cooper S, VW Polo GTI (overseas) etc; Focus ST vs. VW Golf GTI, Subaru WRX, Renault Megane RS (overseas) etc.

Here is the real question... what does Fusion (nee Mondeo) ST compete with in the market place(s)? How would Ford position it?

I don't have the answer for those questions per se but you can see that there is slim pickings in terms of performance model in this size car, outside of luxury brands like BMW/Audi/Mercedes/Lexus version of the M/S/AMG/F models.

an voila.....not much competition.....IMO it would outsell the SO substantially....

1)This would sell for a premium, and increase the profits per unit. I expect Fusion/MKZ to max out their current production limits, and the more premium models they sell, the better.

2)This will also give Fusion an even better image than they have already earned. In theory, this could increase the trade-in value for not only the ST, but for all models.

3) It would be so cool, and might even lead to a higher performance Fusion GT or SHO