BlueOvalBlogs: Thinking in Circles

Huh?? Sure my IQ might approach 140, but the number of ounces of beer I had tonight being an automotive engineer living in Detroit is also approaching 140. WTF is this all about?

It's about writers and executives that cling to outdated concepts like halo cars, and who persistently refuse to see that the problem is NOT with the execution, but with the concept itself. Every method of implementing the same tired old ideas has been tried, and with minimal success, and the only thing we hear out of experts like Flint, etc., is more of the same 'promote car guys', 'make more RWD cars', 'bigger engines', blah blah blah.

It's about writers and executives that cling to outdated concepts like halo cars, and who persistently refuse to see that the problem is NOT with the execution, but with the concept itself. Every method of implementing the same tired old ideas has been tried, and with minimal success, and the only thing we hear out of experts like Flint, etc., is more of the same 'promote car guys', 'make more RWD cars', 'bigger engines', blah blah blah.

You make an excellent point, that unfortuneately ruffles the feathers of the old school of auto manufactureing. A school whose alumni still control the business. I've mentioned the illness repeatedly in the forums, only to draw ire from Luddites who will neither acknowledge the sickness, or contemplate a cure. There is fault enough to spread blue and white collar with resistance to change. But the most glaring flaw in thinking is why do executives expect to see different results from doing things the same way they always have? How many times do they need to introduce a luxury P/U only to see it wither? One small example of the insular nature of corporate culture. The culture will not change by itself, because anyone who suggest something other than what his superior has pronounced as gospel, is attacked just as you and I have been here on BON. In the salaried world to do so is carreer hari-kiri. In the hourly world, you are ostracised, isolated, and harrassed.

There are no Bold Moves at Ford, only Bold Propaganda.

You make an excellent point, that unfortuneately ruffles the feathers of the old school of auto manufactureing. A school whose alumni still control the business. I've mentioned the illness repeatedly in the forums, only to draw ire from Luddites who will neither acknowledge the sickness, or contemplate a cure. There is fault enough to spread blue and white collar with resistance to change. But the most glaring flaw in thinking is why do executives expect to see different results from doing things the same way they always have? How many times do they need to introduce a luxury P/U only to see it wither? One small example of the insular nature of corporate culture. The culture will not change by itself, because anyone who suggest something other than what his superior has pronounced as gospel, is attacked just as you and I have been here on BON. In the salaried world to do so is carreer hari-kiri. In the hourly world, you are ostracised, isolated, and harrassed.

There are no Bold Moves at Ford, only Bold Propaganda.

Good post here, Scrutenizer, nothing like the truth being told, and as you have mentioned, a lot of people can't handle it. Maybe this kind of occupation isn't cut out for them, both white and blue collar. Again, it comes to accepting reality for what it is, sometimes it's good, but at other times, it isn't. Simple as that. Why does suggesting a new idea get you put in the shit house in the office or the plant floor? Those that treat you like that have something to hide from others, that's why it's the usual"All About Me" syndrome. No wonder we are headed down The Shit Creek Rapids with falls at the other end.......... :titanic: :stirpot: :slug: