2015 FORD RANGER RUMOR

gafry

Ford can't hold on to every single customer. Just like GM can't either.

Wonder how many GM customers will switch to Ford because they can get a full-sizer with more capability than the Silverado while getting 15-20% better fuel economy. Probably more than Ford will lose by not offering a Ranger in the US...

Except that the v8 Silverado get as good of gas milage as the v6 f150 and higher a higher tow rating.

Yay! A brand new Silverado can match a 3+ year old F150. Hooray for them! I was referring to the '15 F150, BTW.

Lets see, I didn't knowthey 2014 F150 was three years old. Now you're comparing a 2014 Silverado to a vec\hicle that's now even released and we don't even know any specs on. You don't really make much sense.

Lets see, I didn't knowthey 2014 F150 was three years old. Now you're comparing a 2014 Silverado to a vec\hicle that's now even released and we don't even know any specs on. You don't really make much sense.

We know it's 700 lbs lighter and has a 2.7L EB engine. Weight and fuel economy are the only advantages that Chevy has over Ford right now and that will fix both of them.

The point is Chevy went to lighter steel several years ago giving them an advantage in weight and fuel economy. Instead of doing that Ford went Aluminum and leap-frogged Chevy, so this time next year the players will be reversed with Ford being lighter and getting better fuel economy.

We know it's 700 lbs lighter and has a 2.7L EB engine. Weight and fuel economy are the only advantages that Chevy has over Ford right now and that will fix both of them.

The point is Chevy went to lighter steel several years ago giving them an advantage in weight and fuel economy. Instead of doing that Ford went Aluminum and leap-frogged Chevy, so this time next year the players will be reversed with Ford being lighter and getting better fuel economy.

You're talking future against present. When the 2015 F150 is actually a real vehicle you can buy you will have a very good point. For now we seem to be getting away from the Ranger rumor debate. I love my F150 even if it is to big. It just saddening to see the trend of companies and businesses these days to put the dollar in front of their loyal customers.

Lets see, I didn't knowthey 2014 F150 was three years old.

Not the truck itself, but the platform (I really shouldn't have to explain that in a discussion like this). Actually, the platform for the F150 is in it's 6th model year and the engines are in their 4th model year. So, Chevy's "all new" Silverado is just now catching up to a truck that is on it's way out and on it's last legs. That's like bragging that a 20 year old athlete can run as fast as an 80 year old with a bum hip! Kind of a shallow victory, don't ya think?

Now you're comparing a 2014 Silverado to a vec\hicle that's now even released and we don't even know any specs on. You don't really make much sense.

Well, you did bring up the theoretical Ford Ranger and how Ford may lose you as a customer if they don't offer what you want like GM does in the Canyonero. Last I checked, that truck isn't out yet either.

As akirby mentioned, we know the weight savings and new engine coming in the F150. Do you truly think Ford is going to rest on their laurels and not increase towing and fuel economy? Seriously?

It just saddening to see the trend of companies and businesses these days to put the dollar in front of their loyal customers.

If they don't, they go out of business. You need to keep your customers happy, but if you don't make money off of your customers, how, exactly, do you stay in business?

If they don't, they go out of business. You need to keep your customers happy, but if you don't make money off of your customers, how, exactly, do you stay in business?

No, they don't go out of business, they're just more concerned with atracting new customers than keeping old customers. Would you care to share with me where you get these wild speculations from?

No, they don't go out of business, they're just more concerned with atracting new customers than keeping old customers. Would you care to share with me where you get these wild speculations from?

What wild speculation? Tell me, just exactly how a company can stay in business if it does not make money off of it's customers?

OK, let's say I make widgets. I can make 1000 widgets and make $1 off each widget after I pay all of my costs. That means I make $1000, right?

Now, let's say Joe makes 2000 widgets, but he loses $0.01 for every widget he makes after he pays his bills. That means he loses $20, right? Now, which one will still be in business 10 years from now if that cycle repeats itself every month?

What wild speculation? Tell me, just exactly how a company can stay in business if it does not make money off of it's customers?

OK, let's say I make widgets. I can make 1000 widgets and make $1 off each widget after I pay all of my costs. That means I make $1000, right?

Now, let's say Joe makes 2000 widgets, but he loses $0.01 for every widget he makes after he pays his bills. That means he loses $20, right? Now, which one will still be in business 10 years from now if that cycle repeats itself every month?

Just pure speculation on your part. Going after new customers whle ignoring your old customers is great for the bottom line right now but it will hurt you in the future. Seen it happen over and over agian in other industries.

Just pure speculation on your part. Going after new customers whle ignoring your old customers is great for the bottom line right now but it will hurt you in the future. Seen it happen over and over agian in other industries.

Which part is pure speculation? Yours is more speculation than mine. My thoughts are based on good, sound, business decisions.

So, just because Ford doesn't offer what you and a couple of your buddies want right now, that means they are abandoning old customers? I have never bought anything other than a Ford vehicle in my life. There are a bunch of Fords that I would have in my garage right now if I had the money. There is nothing out there that beats a Ford truck (in my eyes). So, seems to me like they are not abandoning old customers if I can be considered one. And, once Ford brings in a new customer, are they not then considered an old customer?

Seriously, this Ranger mafia needs to go the way of the Panther mafia. It's just childish 'Ford doesn't make what I want to buy so they suck and are going down the tubes' babbling. Ford can't make something that fits everyone's needs and make them all the best products in the world.

Which part is pure speculation? Yours is more speculation than mine. My thoughts are based on good, sound, business decisions.

So, just because Ford doesn't offer what you and a couple of your buddies want right now, that means they are abandoning old customers? I have never bought anything other than a Ford vehicle in my life. There are a bunch of Fords that I would have in my garage right now if I had the money. There is nothing out there that beats a Ford truck (in my eyes). So, seems to me like they are not abandoning old customers if I can be considered one. And, once Ford brings in a new customer, are they not then considered an old customer?

Seriously, this Ranger mafia needs to go the way of the Panther mafia. It's just childish 'Ford doesn't make what I want to buy so they suck and are going down the tubes' babbling. Ford can't make something that fits everyone's needs and make them all the best products in the world.

Now you're talking like an idiot with no facts to back you up. I'm done responding to you, its useless.

No new product is going to please 100% of existing customers. Some customers hate change. That's business. What you hope for is to find enough new customers to replace the few you lost, and hopefully pick up a few more along the way. I don't see how the 2015 F-150 is deviating from that plan in any way. It makes the current truck more appealing in many ways. Sure, it's not a Ranger (aww), but Ford is finding plenty of new and repeat F-150 buyers now even without all the 2015 improvements.

• Like 1

Yes you are right it is about size. My wife does not like the F150 I got but when the 2011 Ranger sell went sour we bought a 2013 left over F150 STX.

If you live some place with limited parking a big truck is a problem. GM is coming out with a new smaller truck and I don't think they plan on lossing money making it.

Yes you are right it is about size. My wife does not like the F150 I got but when the 2011 Ranger sell went sour we bought a 2013 left over F150 STX.

If you live some place with limited parking a big truck is a problem. GM is coming out with a new smaller truck and I don't think they plan on lossing money making it.

I know Gm has a smaller truck, so does Toyota, they are both good trucks. Problem is I really like Fords. It just seems that with the "global" Ranger doing so good in the rest of the world that it would do good here to.

GM is coming out with a new smaller truck and I don't think they plan on lossing money making it.

They may not be planning on it, but if you stop and consider what it's costing them to make not one, not two but three different versions of the same truck which is guaranteed to steal significant sales away from the Silvererra while not providing any significant fuel economy advantage - I think it's safe to say they won't be making any money on it either.

These are the same product decisions that led them to bankruptcy.

GM is coming out with a new smaller truck and I don't think they plan on lossing money making it.

It's not about losing money. Ford very well could make money on a new Ranger here. But the question is, would they make as much money as they would just selling the F-150? Probably not.

• Like 1

It's not about losing money. Ford very well could make money on a new Ranger here. But the question is, would they make as much money as they would just selling the F-150? Probably not.

I agree that while Ford could probably make money on the Ranger they would not makes as much as just selling the F150. But that's the corporate philisophy today, putting the customer last.

I agree that while Ford could probably make money on the Ranger they would not makes as much as just selling the F150. But that's the corporate philisophy today, putting the customer last.

It's not putting the customer last if the reason they are making more money is because people are still buying more F150's, which they have been. No company is going to please every customer and stay in business.