Profit Sharing

tooltime

You guys do realize that working some overtime is not mutually exclusive to having a life right?

you just dont get it. he's working on days...holidays.... that the union got US off!!!! these union agreed holidays are what we bargained for. this is one of the reasons we dont get raises or cost of living, because of employees like tooltime, and the company knows all we do is fight amongst ourselves. when tooltime works, how many non-skilled are forced to work???( because he wants too) what about there families? the company loves tooltime.

• Like 1

I remember working long hours and weeks for a while. It was not worth it (both familiy and health wise). Rarely work over 40 now and life and family are much better. My wife doesn't work any more either. I do without the unecessary BS and am very happy. After so much time working OT you don't see what you are really missing and how your life is affected. Like a drug addict.

To each their own but I recommend not becoming addicted to the OT drug.

Hard Driver.........You are sooo right! I finally came outta that o/t coma, and never went back. Seems as if I got another chance to enjoylife. Working massive o/t was setting me up to either not retire at 30 years due to the addiction of the o/t, or me getting another job AFTER a 30 year retirement. Forget the both of them. I'm so happy happy happy! lol

Hard Driver.........You are sooo right! I finally came outta that o/t coma, and never went back. Seems as if I got another chance to enjoylife. Working massive o/t was setting me up to either not retire at 30 years due to the addiction of the o/t, or me getting another job

AFTER a 30 year retirement. Forget the both of them. I'm so happy happy happy! lol

• Like 1

Like i said that, working tons and working none are both foolish.

Working none is not foolish. It shows that someone is managing their life and finances well. If one is living within their means and intelligently budgeting their finances they wont "need" to work OT. That being said, I still work occasional OT because of the fact that my wife had to suddenly stop working due to illness and we are adjusting. To each their own.

Working none is not foolish. It shows that someone is managing their life and finances well. If one is living within their means and intelligently budgeting their finances they wont "need" to work OT. That being said, I still work occasional OT because of the fact that my wife had to suddenly stop working due to illness and we are adjusting. To each their own.

I still think it's foolish. Why not pick up a Saturday a month as savings for your kids college or towards a trip for your family? A little overtime over a number of years adds up to some decent money.

Perhaps your past that now or your wife makes really good money but I find that for the avrrage worker moderate overtime makes a difference.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...