2017 Super Duty Spied

With all the disguise, it's probably not a mule, IMHO. :)

That's what I was thinking, it's a prototype all right but they normally only come out about 12 months before release

to do field reliability testing, that's normally just a validation and fine tuning process that gets wrapped up within months of launch.

The timing would suggest that a vehicle is due either later this year as a '15 model but since that is already known,

it's more likely a '16 model to be delivered around this time next year..... new body after F150s are settled?

Edited by jpd80

Man, that is one loooooong super crew cab.

fixed...

If that's a SuperCab, I'd hate to see how long a CrewCab would be. ;)

To big for that to be a super cab, whatever that is ( ;) ) it is a crew cab.

Ok fellas...sorry for the nomenclature fubar......meant to say crew cab....typed "super" instead :doh: ....anyhoo.....maybe it is an "Extra-SuperCrew"..oh well, time will tell?? :lurk:

• Like 1

P558. I'm hearing interesting things about it. To early to discuss as they can change, but I was under the impression it was a 2016 model year change.

Pioneer is on to something

Well spill the beans, I want to hear it! :)

Just kidding, as I know you guys can't divulge info, but it's very exciting. Please tell me the F250 will at least have IFS as an option... :)

• Like 1

There's no "push" to break powertrain and platform introductions. They've simply stopped forcing them together. The 2.7L ecoboost is debuting in the all new 2015 F150 platform e.g.

The platforms go out when they're ready and the powertrains do the same. Sometimes they coincide, sometimes they don't.

Don't take it so literally Akirby. My point was previously Ford delay the engine the year or two to keep it with the new platform. They have and continue to "push" the programs apart so that they can function independently.

Got it. I thought you were saying they were purposely launching them at different times rather than having independent programs.

One thing that I did notice is the rear end appears to be a Dana 80 and not the Sterling 10.25 typically used in SRW SD's. Possibly meaning even more Diesel torque?

Good eye! I was thinking that the 10.25 was probably at the limit of it's capacity. GM and Ram are using the AAM 11.5 on their most powerful SRW diesel pickups, and that axle is considerably stronger than the Sterling.

Ford has been using the sterling 10.5 since launch of super duty. I'm also pretty sure they went to 37spline axles within the past few years on F350. The sterling is a stout rear end.

Speaking of rear ends....the one in your avatar is quite nice..... :drool:

Edited by twintornados
  • Like 1