Did you train your Sync system, or yourself?

I have the Sync system (w/o MFT), and it generally recognizes my voice pretty well. I use it mostly to control Slacker Radio which it does better than half the time. Making calls has rarely been a problem.

At other times, it can be a tiring exercise.

At times like this, I've tried altering my dialect, volume, and....my... tempo...by..staggering..my...words, but the system can be inconsistent in what it accepts.

I don't believe I can "train" Ford Sync (because I don't have MFT), but when the system starts having trouble, what have you found is the best way to get past it?

The only one my MFT system seems to have trouble with regularly is "USB". I hit the button, say "USB" and she says "Please say a command like USB.......". Sometimes saying it faster works better and sometimes slower. I think it depends on the word or acronym.

I've found that when MFT doesn't understand me (which is quite often as the voice recognition truly sucks) that shoutiing "Just f****** listen to me you stupid bitch!" doesn't do any good whatsoever as she simply replies with a menu of commands none of which involve the one I have just given.

On a serious note, I've found that slowing my speech seems to get worse results than speaking with an ordinary cadence. Volume sometimes works, but not shouting.

The biggest problems I have are with the navigation system. It does not have great depth in Points of Interest, including things like museums and restaurants, or it wants them as a more specific name than I am searching. So, I can't tell if it's the system not recognizing me, or if the POI just doesn't exist, or if the search engine is crappy. But sometimes the list of choices I'm given after asking for a POI is completely idiotic and off the mark, and my wife and I are left scratching our heads. I find myself often pulling over and using my smartphone to find POI's and then putting the address into the GPS by voice (which mostly works) or just navigating with my phone.

Edited by Austin

I've found that when MFT doesn't understand me (which is quite often as the voice recognition truly sucks) that shoutiing "Just f****** listen to me you stupid bitch!" doesn't do any good whatsoever as she simply replies with a menu of commands none of which involve the one I have just given.

True but it does make you feel better for just a minute........

• Like 2

On my LS one time I said "F U" and the system turned off. "Navigation Off", with the MKX I said "You stupid Bitch" and she then replied with "these are the nearest Beaches". I'm hoping she'll respond to me like Siri does at times.. "You like it up the butt dont you Siri?", ya know, stuff like that. urggg amazing what people do when bored in traffic...

On my LS one time I said "F U" and the system turned off. "Navigation Off", with the MKX I said "You stupid Bitch" and she then replied with "these are the nearest Beaches". I'm hoping she'll respond to me like Siri does at times.. "You like it up the butt dont you Siri?", ya know, stuff like that. urggg amazing what people do when bored in traffic...

Imagine if the OS had been made by the Sirius Cybernetics Corporation, with GPP(Genuine People Personalities) along with your GPS? Share and enjoy.