Ford teases 2015 Mustang GT-350 engine

I think with the GT in the 430-440 hp range, you'd have to have at least more than 10% more power in something like the gt-350. That's about 475-480 hp minimum. On pump gas, do you think that the 5.0 l v8 van be civil, reliable, economical, or even get to that power in mass production trim? I'm not sold on that idea.

The 5.8l v8, in N/A trim, could get away with some less exotic parts to come down in price some. I don't believe that it could avoid being very thirsty though. It is very believable that it could make 500hp+ in production trim though, won't require reinventing the wheel, and is light enough for the platform.

The 6.2l boss is just too heavy in its current form, and would just drink gas like its going out of style.

Where does that leave us with respect to N/A engines?

If you allow for forced induction, then you have the coyote in blown and turboed versions that could get you up to 600hp with the right parts. That would allow ford to retire the 5.8l v8 and be closer to their goal of eliminating all the old mod motors.

I guess it depends on what they're going for with the end line up. A gt350 with a turned up 3.5 ecoboost would be interesting. Lighter weight, big power possible. I think that would only work if the GT500 lived on with a bigger v8 and turbo/supercharger. I'd like to see the 5.0 or 5.8 get the ecoboost treatment, but I'm guessing that is too expensive from what I've read on here.