Shark Fin Antenna for 2014 Fusion

If you are referring to the VG Sharkfin antenna, there is a slight degradation in the signal strength for the HD radio (signal takes a little longer to acquire) but that is expected per the manufacturer's own FAQ. Other than that, Sirius and GPS work just fine.

• 1 year later...
This is an alternative to the Shark Fin...

I looked into the Shark Fin, but after looking at the amount of 3m tape that holds it in place, I wasn't about to spend $90 for one.

It looks like there is only 1/8" - 3/16" (3-5mm) of surface area that goes around the bottom contact area.

This one is about 4" (100mm), or about the length of the wide portion of the OEM antenna.

I looked into the Shark Fin, but after looking at the amount of 3m tape that holds it in place, I wasn't about to spend $90 for one.

It looks like there is only 1/8" - 3/16" (3-5mm) of surface area that goes around the bottom contact area.

There may not be that much contact area for the tape, but it is very sticky as I discovered when putting on one of mine and making slight contact with about 1" x ¼" of area and then needing to pull it back off and straighten it -- that stuff is super sticky. Once I repositioned it and pressed down hard and held for 60 seconds as it noted in the instructions, it felt very secure and in a couple weeks the blue one will hit the two-year mark and still on very securely. So people may prefer the appearance of one over the other, but I don't think the secureness of the adhesive should be a concern. That may change in a couple more years, who knows, but thus far it is still attached very securely.

Cars2_zpsbbde2a5f.jpg

• Like 2