30 years retirement

A senior guy, regardless of time, leaves when he's ready. It doesn't matter how it affects lower seniority...when it's your turn to decide nobody will decide but you...and when it takes so many years to get a decent job he may want to stay around and enjoy it a little...when you get that job then you decide when you want to go.

• Like 4

A senior guy, regardless of time, leaves when he's ready. It doesn't matter how it affects lower seniority...when it's your turn to decide nobody will decide but you...and when it takes so many years to get a decent job he may want to stay around and enjoy it a little...when you get that job then you decide when you want to go.

Nice.

Just screw lower seniority, it doesn't matter as long as you get yours. Really sweet attitude there.

Edited by Langston Hughes

It has nothing to do with "Screwing" anybody. Each one of us, yourself included, base our decisions on different criteria. Some will retire as soon as possible, some won't. It may be based on sending a kid thru school, late life divorce, or many other factors that you don't know a damn thing about. Don't judge people on your preconceived opinions that make absolutely no sense. Each and every one of us have been in those same shoes, waiting our turn to get the better jobs. We weren't "Screwed" by anyone. We fought for and defended the rights of SENORITY. Don't worry little grasshopper, You WILL get there one day...If you last long enough.

It really pisses me off when some low seniority asswipe complains about higher seniority having the better jobs. WE WORKED OUR WAY UP TO IT THE SAME AS YOU WILL HAVE TO DO. SO PISS OFF!!

• Like 6

I agree...put your time in and then you decide. I paid my dues and now I have a decent job...but I paid them. I have 25 years in and am not mad at guys with 35 keeping me from a job...they earned that right and one day I will earn it as well. People want to start at the top...instead of the bottom like everyone else.

• Like 3

It has nothing to do with "Screwing" anybody. Each one of us, yourself included, base our decisions on different criteria. Some will retire as soon as possible, some won't. It may be based on sending a kid thru school, late life divorce, or many other factors that you don't know a damn thing about. Don't judge people on your preconceived opinions that make absolutely no sense. Each and every one of us have been in those same shoes, waiting our turn to get the better jobs. We weren't "Screwed" by anyone. We fought for and defended the rights of SENORITY. Don't worry little grasshopper, You WILL get there one day...If you last long enough.

It really pisses me off when some low seniority asswipe complains about higher seniority having the better jobs. WE WORKED OUR WAY UP TO IT THE SAME AS YOU WILL HAVE TO DO. SO PISS OFF!!

With over 20 years I'm doing fine there ole f***er, especially since I've been in trades for the past 14. Keep your good (supposedly) production job.

Seen too many guys in the 35 to 45 year range that could go and have all the means to afford it, but why bother they were retired at full pay. That shit bothers me, because the FUTURE of our union took the educational/separation buyout when old timers wouldn't bounce.

Now the young people are tier two. So you can piss off your damn self.

with them switching tesphe funds out left and right, replacing well established funds with newer ones, they have made it harder to get the performance. Every fund has a winning rate of return that have been in the business for the past 10 years. How are they going to perform now?

We need company match... at least for a portion

• Like 1

Well, that escalated quickly. It's a shame that there's no middle ground between being self-serving and looking out for the younger people. Perhaps middle ground is slightly too much consideration for others but it would be nice to have kept many of the younger employees who took those education/separation buyouts.

Never make financial decisions based on internet posting boards. Always talk to someone who is familiar with the system (benefits rep or company person that does this for a living). Retire when you are ready, you don't owe anyone any favors...I don't think.

I believe everything I read on the Internet.

Matter of fact I am going next week to buy some oceanfront property in Death Valley!