FORD REDUCES NORTH AMERICAN VEHICLE PRODUCTION 21%

Why couldn't Ford do more customer loyalty incentives to encourage repeat business from Ford Motor Company customers? Give the regular Ford customers better cash back, free options or better finance rate. Also, how about competitor incentives in which they would offer a cash back incentives on trade of a competitors' vehicle for a brand new Ford, Mercury or Lincoln?

Excellent ideas Traveler!!!!

Why couldn't Ford do more customer loyalty incentives to encourage repeat business from Ford Motor Company customers? Give the regular Ford customers better cash back, free options or better finance rate. Also, how about competitor incentives in which they would offer a cash back incentives on trade of a competitors' vehicle for a brand new Ford, Mercury or Lincoln?

Does someone who owns both a Ford and Toyota get both those incentives? :lol:

So they'd offer 1) incentives for repeat buyers, and 2) incentives for conquest sales... Toss in a 'first time buyer' incentive... and you've just got a regular incentive, split three ways!

Ford sells its cars and trucks to its dealers.

If Ford is cutting production, it must mean they are not receiving orders from their dealers.

This must mean things are getting ugly on the front line.

Which means: "It's the economy, stupid".

From the New York Times: "A Car-Sales Indicator Suggests a Recession Is Here or Already Near"

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/08/19/business/19charts.html

Does someone who owns both a Ford and Toyota get both those incentives? :lol:

So they'd offer 1) incentives for repeat buyers, and 2) incentives for conquest sales... Toss in a 'first time buyer' incentive... and you've just got a regular incentive, split three ways!

Ah, but the marketing value is there. A Loyalty incentives shows appreciation. Trade in a Ford on a Ford brand and get an extra bonus. I'd imagine some of us would consider another Ford...especially if our satisfaction has been there and extra cash or finance bonus would give most of us reason to consider a Ford for the savings. Competitor upgrades are done with other products, especially software and to me and certainly would help raise awareness of Ford products. If I were an Accord owner and was about to trade, I would probably at least consider another brand that offered me an additional $500 in my pocket. I think you have to consider serious incentives for car buyers with the marketshare spread so wide across so many different brands. What Ford dealers need is something to advertise and not these dumb promotions of number matches to win prizes. The car is supposed to be the prize...not a $5 umbrella with the dealership logo on it!

The way I see it, Ford's reputation is not completely soiled. They still have the admiration of the public for the F-Series trucks and the Ford Mustang, the Fusion is having limited success and their SUVs are still well known. The public thinks of other brands when they think of family sedans, however and that's what Ford needs now.

Why not have a corporate campaign to have a representation of several Ford, Mercury and Lincoln brand vehicles at popular shopping malls, festivals, special events, etc. Call it "America Is Driving Ford" or some other corny slogan. On a closed course, put these vehicles into the hands of licensed potential buyers to evaluate these cars. Its like taking the test-drive to the public instead of waiting around for them to visit a dealer. Ford even needs a automatic Mustang GT coupe and convertible in there and they need a few dirt mounds to climb a 4WD SUV or truck over. The point is Ford needs to tour some of their personal use vehicles around the country to get some usage and sell new cars and trucks on their dealers' lots. Have the showroom catalogs on hand, give them a big Ford bag to put them in and heck, give them a voucher for a free oil change or something on their future Ford purchase. Here's another idea. Instead of a "thanks for playing" $5 promo umbrella, those who drive a brand-new Ford vehicle get to enter for a a ride (or a drive) in the Ford GT at the end of the event. Can't Ford spare a promotional GT for the opportunity to lure in customers? The only way Ford is going to get the buying public's attention is to put them behind the wheel and get their noses out of Motor Trend and Car & Driver. I think the basic idea has been done before but not on a large corporate scale. Ford needs to get out there and work to help make the sales for the dealers.

Ah, but the marketing value is there. A Loyalty incentives shows appreciation. Trade in a Ford on a Ford brand and get an extra bonus. I'd imagine some of us would consider another Ford...especially if our satisfaction has been there and extra cash or finance bonus would give most of us reason to consider a Ford for the savings. Competitor upgrades are done with other products, especially software and to me and certainly would help raise awareness of Ford products. If I were an Accord owner and was about to trade, I would probably at least consider another brand that offered me an additional $500 in my pocket. I think you have to consider serious incentives for car buyers with the marketshare spread so wide across so many different brands. What Ford dealers need is something to advertise and not these dumb promotions of number matches to win prizes. The car is supposed to be the prize...not a $5 umbrella with the dealership logo on it!

The way I see it, Ford's reputation is not completely soiled. They still have the admiration of the public for the F-Series trucks and the Ford Mustang, the Fusion is having limited success and their SUVs are still well known. The public thinks of other brands when they think of family sedans, however and that's what Ford needs now.

Why not have a corporate campaign to have a representation of several Ford, Mercury and Lincoln brand vehicles at popular shopping malls, festivals, special events, etc. Call it "America Is Driving Ford" or some other corny slogan. On a closed course, put these vehicles into the hands of licensed potential buyers to evaluate these cars. Its like taking the test-drive to the public instead of waiting around for them to visit a dealer. Ford even needs a automatic Mustang GT coupe and convertible in there and they need a few dirt mounds to climb a 4WD SUV or truck over. The point is Ford needs to tour some of their personal use vehicles around the country to get some usage and sell new cars and trucks on their dealers' lots. Have the showroom catalogs on hand, give them a big Ford bag to put them in and heck, give them a voucher for a free oil change or something on their future Ford purchase. Here's another idea. Instead of a "thanks for playing" $5 promo umbrella, those who drive a brand-new Ford vehicle get to enter for a a ride (or a drive) in the Ford GT at the end of the event. Can't Ford spare a promotional GT for the opportunity to lure in customers? The only way Ford is going to get the buying public's attention is to put them behind the wheel and get their noses out of Motor Trend and Car & Driver. I think the basic idea has been done before but not on a large corporate scale. Ford needs to get out there and work to help make the sales for the dealers.

This idea has some good potential, no doubt about it. Now, the challenge is to see that it gets into view of those higher up that run sales and marketing, etc, etc. Maybe if the higher ups to also include Bill Jr would get out in the trenches and see what is going on out here more often, who knows, maybe things can start moving. :bandance: