2015 Lincoln MKC - EPA Fuel Economy Ratings

My MKC 2.0 EB FWD was produced this week; not shipped yet. Sometimes these early units have a rather substantial hold time at the plant until everything is sorted out.

If it was ordered and produced this week that means the Okay to ship has been given and they have started building custom units. Any one see one at a dealership - should be rolling in over the next week.

If it was ordered and produced this week that means the Okay to ship has been given and they have started building custom units. Any one see one at a dealership - should be rolling in over the next week.

Nope. Austin is an employee.

This vehicle would get the same fuel economy if it had the 3.5L V6 instead of the 2.3 EB, so I really question the use of these EcoBoost engines, except as a performance option in the smaller cars.

Difference is that the 2.3L has considerable more torque and more torque lower than the 3.5L has. Explorer 3.5L has 290hp but only 255ft/lbs @ 4000rmp, 2.3L is 285hp but 305ft/lbs @ 2750rpm.

Well the Volvo also has the E-tron unit, also when you look at Diesels you're at 24/27/31 for the Q5, 24/28/33 for the GLK and 27/30/34 for the X3. All of which soundly beat the MKC. Gas Mileage is semi-competitive at best with the MKC for a new vehicle. Lincoln is going to need a high mileage version of this car to be competitive in the market.

Those diesel models are also about $5,000 more than MKC 2.3 so it is what it is... you pay to play.

For apples to apples comparison, MKC 2.3 is pretty much right in the thick of the competition in terms of MPG.

But I agree with the person that mentioned up thread that there should have been a hybrid model given the success Lincoln has had with MKZ Hybrid.

• Like 1

Austin is it a pool/Ford lease car? I know early production used to end up as those. Like others have said custom dealer orders don't get produced until the okay to ship has been given.

For clarification, I'm a retiree, but still have access to a lease car each year. Here's how it works:

With new models, such as the MKC, Ford will sometimes give us a bit of a break on the lease fee to encourage orders (that's the good part; bad part to follow). We place our orders early (mine was placed in December). That gives the plant a slew of buildable, clean orders that they can produce early.

Some of the production for the lease cars is actually pre-<J1>, but they are serialized, saleable units. These early vehicles are assessed by plant personnel and engineering for issues. In terms of shipping, they are not released until the plant has authority to release retail units also.

The bad news is this. If there are any problems that caused a produce-and-hold situation, the retail units are repaired first (which is the right thing to do), and there can often times be delays in receiving the lease car. So I'm not expecting mine for a couple of months.

For clarification, I'm a retiree, but still have access to a lease car each year. Here's how it works:

With new models, such as the MKC, Ford will sometimes give us a bit of a break on the lease fee to encourage orders (that's the good part; bad part to follow). We place our orders early (mine was placed in December). That gives the plant a slew of buildable, clean orders that they can produce early.

Some of the production for the lease cars is actually pre-<J1>, but they are serialized, saleable units. These early vehicles are assessed by plant personnel and engineering for issues. In terms of shipping, they are not released until the plant has authority to release retail units also.

The bad news is this. If there are any problems that caused a produce-and-hold situation, the retail units are repaired first (which is the right thing to do), and there can often times be delays in receiving the lease car. So I'm not expecting mine for a couple of months.

Ah still the same way as before then, can usually tell when the new lease cars get released. In a few days the roads around Detroit will be full of MKC's with April tags.