A-Z Plan tire pricing

I went to my local Ford dealer this AM to get a price on tires. I picked out a set of tires and asked about A-Z Plan pricing. Just like cars, qualified participants can buy tires under A-Z Plan, but the dealer had no idea how to look it up. I need someone who knows how to find the pricing.

Thanks for the help.

Edited by hermans

I have no idea if it includes X or D, as I only deal with A & Z. This is like alphabet soup.

I put in a call to my Brother-in-Law as he has used the plan twice for tires. When he called for the pin for me he stressed it is for tires only and if I don't use it to let him know so he can cancel it with Ford. Up until 3 years ago I also did not know there was a plan for tires.

Edited by hermans

I have no idea if it includes X or D, as I only deal with A & Z. This is like alphabet soup.

I put in a call to my Brother-in-Law as he has used the plan twice for tires. When he called for the pin for me he stressed it is for tires only and if I don't use it to let him know so he can cancel it with Ford. Up until 3 years ago I also did not know there was a plan for tires.

I work at a dealer and I dont have any idea about this,...the tires ARENT manufactured by Ford, so how can they offer special pricing on something they dont make?....makes no sense...do you have a link? or is it a smoke and mirrors at a specific dealer?....I know we have specials here on tires but no one knows or has heard of A plan on tires...hell whats next, A plan on oil changes ( although THATS Motorcraft )

OK...just got a call from the dealer. They called Ford and they walked the parts manager through the process. They are about $20. cheaper.

Thanks to all who responded.

if you dont mind me asking, what type of tires ( size brand etc ) did you purchase and what did you pay....its RESEARCH time....IMO the only way a dealer would even sell tires at break even would be if ford re-imburses some sort of profitability, which i cant come to grips with if they dont manufacture the product...after all, if its for a loss, why would Ford do that?...

My Ford dealer says he will match any price on any tires they sell..........

Mine does too. Bought my last 3 sets from them. Get them rotated for free with my oil changes, and every fifth oil change is free. With the about of miles I drive, with the 7k mile recommended interval, I get am oil change about every 3 months.

Can't beat that with a bat.

You'll get tires way cheaper at a tire shop.

That depends--ask your dealer about their take-offs (from when a customer wants a vehicle with custom wheels). When my dad was looking for replacement tires for his F350, his dealer sold him a set of take-offs from a later-model SuperDuty, and he ended up with a set of brand new Ford 20" wheels with brand new Michelin tires for less than the cost of a set of replacement tires (and this included the speedo recalibration).

My dealers won't price match. Trust me, I tried. They were crying, saying that tire shops get better pricing because they buy them from wholesalers who get massive discounts for buying large quantities. They were at the mercy of what Goodyear or Pirelli says is retail cost. With Americas Tire I get free flat repair and lifetime balance and rotation at no extra cost (well, the cost is added in on your quote).

Sooner, that was an awesome deal he got. Speedo recal alone is $75 at dealers. Sounds like that dealer was itching to get rid of those wheels and tires. Most just Ebay them and don't have any laying around.

My dealers won't price match. Trust me, I tried. They were crying, saying that tire shops get better pricing because they buy them from wholesalers who get massive discounts for buying large quantities. They were at the mercy of what Goodyear or Pirelli says is retail cost. With Americas Tire I get free flat repair and lifetime balance and rotation at no extra cost (well, the cost is added in on your quote).

Sooner, that was an awesome deal he got. Speedo recal alone is $75 at dealers. Sounds like that dealer was itching to get rid of those wheels and tires. Most just Ebay them and don't have any laying around.

same here, I got a quote on some BF Goodriches from Tire Rack...dealer was a tad higher, not much, and i went that route anyways because its free rotation if purchased here...and theres a Speedo recall....well, there gos my beach trips in Europe....

The original poster is referring to the Employee Tire Discount Program available to Ford / Lincoln Around the Wheel dealerships. As mentioned, the discount is also extended to Ford Motor Company employees (A) and retirees (Z). The downside to the program is that the tires must be purchased under the Around the Wheel program and generally cost more than if the dealer ordered under their wholesale agreement with the tire distributor. The current program offers a discount of up to $20 per tire on select brands (must purchase a set of 4 and have them installed by an Around the Wheel dealer).

The original poster is referring to the Employee Tire Discount Program available to Ford / Lincoln Around the Wheel dealerships. As mentioned, the discount is also extended to Ford Motor Company employees (A) and retirees (Z). The downside to the program is that the tires must be purchased under the Around the Wheel program and generally cost more than if the dealer ordered under their wholesale agreement with the tire distributor. The current program offers a discount of up to $20 per tire on select brands (must purchase a set of 4 and have them installed by an Around the Wheel dealer).

thx for the clarification Will, I literally had NO idea....

• Like 1

They came to $21/tire. under the dealers lowest price and lower than any of the area tire discounters. It was a great deal for me and had them installed this afternoon. Because I have bought 2 - 2013s from the dealer they threw in the install charges.

Edited by hermans
  • Like 1

They came to $21/tire. under the dealers lowest price and lower than any of the area tire discounters. It was a great deal for me and had them installed this afternoon. Because I have bought 2 - 2013s from the dealer they threw in the install charges.

helll...THATS CHEAP.

I got four new Goodyears last week at the quicklane by my house. Got $20 off each tire plus I got an $80 mail in rebate. Discount tire couldn't come close to that price. I always buy my tires from my local Ford Dealer. When they pull up the price up for tires there a little icon that says employee discount for tire that are eligible.

Wow, my dealers must hate me ( except you Dean). They were double on my Pirelli's and over $50 higher on 1 tire for my wife's Fusion (19" Continental). She already tattoo'd her wheel on a driveway apron with the 19" rubber band tires and gouged the sidewall. It's holding air, but don't want her and my daughter on the freeway with a damaged tire.

Edited by Hydro

• 4 years later...
  • 4 years later...