...and yet ANOTHER recall for GM, this time trucks and large SUV's

twintornados

It's at a point for me that it just isn't news anymore.. It's just every day life with GM. If you are expecting it, it is no surprise. The more they continue to do it, the less of a negative impact it will have to the average person's perception of GM IMO. My perception of them can't get any worse lol.

The new CEO is cleaning house and addressing all the issues no matter how small it seems which is a great thing. Just a shame that it has to be so many issues.

Edited by blwnsmoke

The real question is whether these issues will continue on the vehicles that are launched from this point forward. If they do, then what has really changed?

Barra did say they've made process changes that should help. An anonymous whistle blower hotline for reporting safety issues along with changing the rules on what is considered a safety defect will help.

You can't rely on people always doing the right thing so you need processes to catch those.

Barra did say they've made process changes that should help. An anonymous whistle blower hotline for reporting safety issues along with changing the rules on what is considered a safety defect will help.

You can't rely on people always doing the right thing so you need processes to catch those.

Actions speak louder than words. Only time will tell. Having a hotline is one thing. Actually acting on anything reported to the hotline is another.

I read it to be the radio muting or lowering volume so the chimes were more easily heard. Which is the silly part if you ask me.

Maybe. But my company has at least one Chevy truck that chimes through the stereo speakers, so I'd assumed it was something similar.

Maybe. But my company has at least one Chevy truck that chimes through the stereo speakers, so I'd assumed it was something similar.

Really? Good grief.

Then again this is the same company that created a digital LED speedometer and made it look like an analog gauge.

Really? Good grief.

Then again this is the same company that created a digital LED speedometer and made it look like an analog gauge.

It's a 2003 Chevy 4500. Not sure if the newer ones do it or not.

It got stuck chiming once. Very annoying.