Transit Wagon Interior

theoldwizard

Has anyone had the opportunity to actually spend some time inside a production Transit Wagon ? At the NAIAS the only example there was pre-production and no one was allowed inside, but the leg room between the 1st and 2nd row and 2nd and 3rd row was ridiculous !

I looked at one today at the dealer and checked out the interior. This a top trim level with lots of options, including the tech package, navigation and active assist parking. I'm 6-4 and found the middle seats to have more than adaquate room. The third row was a little tight. The sticker price was $35.5+k. The A-Plan price was $31,088. When I used to buy mini-vans I would have bought this one if it was around then.

• 9 months later...

Almost a year later and I still can not find any video reviews, or even a good set of stills, highlighting the Transit wagon interior seating options.

My E150 Club Wagon has the Quad Captain chairs along with a 3 seat rear bench. The bench is removable as are each of the 2 rear Captains Chairs. They are heavy and left large mounting brackets above the floor.

How are the rear seats built ? Are they individually mounted ? Are they interchangeable ? Are they reclineable ?

• 6 months later...

I too would be interested to know if the seats can be easily removed? Or, if the Transit Wagon could be ordered without seats?

I need enough room INSIDE for 2 14ft. Standup Paddleboards as well as a 14ft. kayak. I want the window van for the visibility and increased comfort and sound deadoning of the "finished" interior.....but only have need for driver and passenger seat. But it would also be nice to be able to add and subtract additional seating as required. I have looked at a "van" but have not yet found a dealer in the area that had a "wagon" to look at in the extended length.

I would also like to know if others think this rig will ever be available with AWD or maybe 4WD like the Mercedes Sprinter now has as an option.

• 1 month later...