• Custom Search

silvrsvt

2016 Mustang SVT Mule sans heavy camo

Pretty aggressive front end sculpting. Not sure it really matches the more subtle aesthetic of the rest of the body. But hey, function over form in this case I suppose.

Will also note again: those front brakes are HUGE!!!

Bet thats gonna make fitting AM wheels a PIA ;p

Pretty aggressive front end sculpting. Not sure it really matches the more subtle aesthetic of the rest of the body. But hey, function over form in this case I suppose.

Yeah, I thought the same exact thing when I first saw the picture - Seems too much for the rest of the design to me, but I'll reserve judgment until it's revealed.

So are we pretty sure at this point that there will be both a GT350 and GT500?

I think there's plenty of room for a GT-500 that would be a bigger engine/bigger numbers car as opposed to a more poised track car like the outgoing Boss and the Z28.

Hell, the Super Snake was already getting more power than the Hellcat, I'm not concerned that Ford would have trouble breaking 707 hp...if that particular pissing match ensues.

I think there's plenty of room for a GT-500 that would be a bigger engine/bigger numbers car as opposed to a more poised track car like the outgoing Boss and the Z28.

Hell, the Super Snake was already getting more power than the Hellcat, I'm not concerned that Ford would have trouble breaking 707 hp...if that particular pissing match ensues.

Agreed.

GT350 = Replacement for Boss Laguna Seca with 550 ish HP

GT500 = Bad assest production Mustang ever! (even though I still think > 700 HP is ludicrous)

well, if its 1000lb lighter than the hellcat, it wont need 707hp...time to dance.....

Did you inherit BORG's x-ray vision? :D

Nope. Just going by what's in the article--which I hope was just the sort of leak that Ford's test drivers were allowed to make while chatting with the spy photographer.

Nope. Just going by what's in the article--which I hope was just the sort of leak that Ford's test drivers were allowed to make while chatting with the spy photographer.

over a Latte.....

If there is a flat plane V8 in the car...that would basically make it a new V8?

If there is a flat plane V8 in the car...that would basically make it a new V8?

not from what I understand, its just the crank itself, and firing order differs, theres less weight, and more vibration ( probably countered by counterbalancers or maybe in the same light Ford cleverly balanced the eco 3 ) they rev faster and have a lot less inertia with a higher red line....but block etc i believe remain the same...

Note how the pistons fire in groups of two. Exhaust sounds a bit weird because it's only four pulses instead of eight.

Did I mention that I drove a Ferrari 458 Italia on a racetrack? It has a flat plane crank. It was pretty sweet.......

I might have a video......... :drool:

Edited by akirby

Did I mention that I drove a Ferrari 458 Italia on a racetrack? It has a flat plane crank. It was pretty sweet.......

I might have a video......... :drool:

That never gets old for you, does it...

That never gets old for you, does it...

if youve ever driven a Ferrari its easy to understand......

if youve ever driven a Ferrari its easy to understand......

I'm still waiting for akirby to win the lottery so that he can buy one and let me drive it. :)

I love the posed shots.....

And the flat-plane crank.

Sounds like Ford has a little more experience with a FPC than you might think.

http://www.fordgaaengine.com/

Sherman tank 60 degree v8. All aluminum DOHC. Looks pretty cool. Torque monster.

Edited by buddysystem