Social Security running out of $$$ again......

http://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/USCIS/files/M-1051.pdf

Self explanatory.

Don't meet the requirements.. You are not allowed in..

Not allowed in, huh? Really? Your obviously (not) from South Florida, Miami-Dade, nor Cuban, correct? Thanks for the (info) but it does not apply to (anyone) of Cuban descent that is able to (illegally) get their "Dry" Foot unto the sand of a Florida Beach. Our Wet Foot- Dry Foot Immigration Policy applies (only) to Cubans. Nationals from (any) other Country in the World, including Canada,England, France, Germany, Italy must apply using your Downloaded Format. Thanks to our 50 year Embargo and Isolationist policy towards Cuba and Castro, this madness will continue forever just as long as both Democrats & Republicans court the pivotal Cuban American Vote in Miami that tilts the results of National Elections.

Edited by phil1336

Someone missed the distinction.

The cited .pdf referred to "Naturalization" or determining US citizenship.

Immigration is another animal.

True, but Cubans have (both) "Naturalization & Immigration covered. First, they are given Automatic permanent legal residency if the reach our Shore before being apprehended. Green Card Status, no questions asked. Guess who goes to the head of the line if and when they choose to upgrade their Status to Citizens? Nice to have a "double Pass", huh? Also, only Cubans are allowed unlimited (legal) Travel to visit Cuba on special Chartered Flights where non-Cubans must acquire a special difficult to obtain Treasury Department License to permit travel there for Educational, Cultural, Humanitarian reasons or risk a major Fine and Prosecution if caught, even if they fly there through Counties such as Canada, Mexico, the Bahama`s England, and basically every other nation in the World but the U.S. Most think that the "Israeli Lobby" had clout? Compared to "The Miami Delegation"?

True, but Cubans have (both) "Naturalization & Immigration covered. First, they are given Automatic permanent legal residency if the reach our Shore before being apprehended. Green Card Status, no questions asked. Guess who goes to the head of the line if and when they choose to upgrade their Status to Citizens? Nice to have a "double Pass", huh? Also, only Cubans are allowed unlimited (legal) Travel to visit Cuba on special Chartered Flights where non-Cubans must acquire a special difficult to obtain Treasury Department License to permit travel there for Educational, Cultural, Humanitarian reasons or risk a major Fine and Prosecution if caught, even if they fly there through Counties such as Canada, Mexico, the Bahama`s England, and basically every other nation in the World but the U.S. Most think that the "Israeli Lobby" had clout? Compared to "The Miami Delegation"?

Phil, you are describing deals that every "special interest group' in this country gets. Oh sure, their "special" rights are all different, but get them they do.

Should we not all wonder why taxes that are paid, or programs designed (the lottery as one person has mentioned) to go to one place, never do? It is because politicians then have an open checkbook (taxing authority) to keep people happy by scaring them, then taxing them to alleviate their pain of fear.

One thing you are correct about Phil-----------> politically, we do not agree at all; or very little. You know what! The partys love that! They just love to see us arguing (but really debating) about who is correct, and who is not. Why? Because as long as we blame each other, we won't blame them, and they can use talking points of propaganda to keep the arguing going......giving them a free hand to do as they wish.

Consider---------->when we debate S.S., we are all affected, are we not? Same thing with medicare. Makes no difference if you are a democrat, a republican, a libertarian, black, white, or Hispanic; our government MADE a social compact with us the citizens of the country, that if we paid this amount of money in, we would get this amount of money out. Long ago private accountants warned this country that S.S. and medicare were going to run into trouble as the numbers did not add up. This means that politicians then until now, knew bad things were coming, and their solution was TO TAKE THE MONEY AND SPEND IT ON OTHER THINGS! All of them, from both partys, so neither of these elite leaders are off the hook.

We should ALL be indignant, as their solution is to punish us for them not fixing the problem long ago, nor adjusting the formula to make it solvent. No offense their Phil, but if Obama can use his pen and phone to let illegal aliens in, can't he use it to fix these problems for Americans? And what about the other Presidents who knew this; and there was a whole bunch of them.

Point is, we can agree to disagree on many things, but much to the elite political classes chagrin, we can also work together to fix some things that are broken for the good of the country. We must all be aware that we have people coming after us that we love intensely, and if we can't demand a fix that is more than obvious from our elected politicians, then the greatest generation, left the greatest, most powerful country in the world, to the most useless, worthless, helpless, and hopeless generation; and our stupidity will destroy this country for our children, and grandchildren, that we insist we love more than anything.

We have to move towards a balanced budget, with a plan to achieve it in the forseeable future. We have to ignite our economy by using what our country has, even if it means going against the enviro lobby. We have to use these tools to again defeat Russia by bringing that countrys economy to its knees WITHOUT war by supplying Europe. And we have to fix the social compact of S.S. by putting more people to work, by means testing S.S. and by pushing the collection date down the road by another year for those under 50 who have time to adjust their finances.

And we have to do all of this, while keeping our pay as high as possible so we can afford to pay more taxes by % of income, by insuring illegal aliens do not flood our market, and undercut our salarys.

Ok, so you now tell me--------> is anyone in congress trying this? If so, is Obama trying to stop them? Sometimes, the answers to your own questions make a light bulb go off. When it does, it is the best lesson in life we human beings can have.

Edited by Imawhosure

One thing you are correct about Phil-----------> politically, we do not agree at all; or very little. You know what! The partys love that! They just love to see us arguing (but really debating) about who is correct, and who is not. Why? Because as long as we blame each other, we won't blame them, and they can use talking points of propaganda to keep the arguing going......giving them a free hand to do as they wish.

Rand Paul is the perfect example. Agree with him or not(or anybody like him from any party), you get ignored at first(so they don't bring any more attention to you). Then like Rand, you start gaining credible traction from within the "SYSTEM" and everybody comes out of the woodwork and starts bashing you.

That is the number ONE thing we as citizens need to change, don't belong to a party that really has no interest in you or me. We need to realize this before it's to late if it is not already.

I agree with most of Imawhosure and "Ron Pauls" comments. There is plenty of guilt to be shared by (both) major political parties. They are both beholden to K Street Lobbyists and not to the constituents that sent them to Washington to represent their interests and districts. Both Parties promised that the Social Security Trust Fund would be kept in a "Lock Box" which would never be touched except to provide payments for future benefits paid for and promised. There is however a complete disconnect and difference between the extremes on the Right & Left. You may not agree with their principles, theories, propositions nor philosophy but lets examine the "Messengers". Is their a objective comparison between what Louie Gohmert, Blake Farenthold, Michelle Bachmann, Sarah Palin attempts to argue on the Right to someone on the extreme Left such as Bernie Saunders, Al Franken,etc? The problem lies with three major shortcomings of our Government and none that I see that will be addressed in our lifetimes. First, the lack of a Parliamentary form of Government that either forces (compromise) or forces new elections to be held without waiting 2, 4, or 6 years to change Government if you can`t build and form a coalition. Term Limits since the majority of the electorate have been convinced that re-electing life time Politicians with tenure will result in bringing home the Pork and Bacon to their State and lastly, the folly of Primary Elections which simply encourages non electable fringe candidates that appeal to their (Base) in the Primaries but seldom if even can muster 51% of the Vote to win in the general Election. Simply hold (one) General Election with endless Candidates and either have a run off of the two top vote getters if no one gets 51% of the Vote or simply award the Election to whoever garners the largest percentage of Votes cast. None of the above will happen so unfortunately, we are pretty much stuck with the status quo.

PS: While Obama haters are quick to point out his use of a "Teleprompter" when giving speeches like (most) Politicians routinely use rather then writing "talking points" on your hands like Sarah Palin chose as her preferred method, Ron Paul must stop giving Speeches where he continues to plagiarize other people`s past statements, word for word.. If he wants to be taken as a serious Candidate, hire a new speech writer and if your going to attempt to use someone else`s past remarks, mix it up a bit and either add or delete a few words!

Edited by phil1336

Instead of electing people on what they say they will do how about judging them on what they actually have done in life regardless of party affiliation ?

Its pretty clear the current president is way over his head on various issues and is not good at listening to others or taking advise from people WITH experience.

The same can also be said for many in the house & senate.

Elect politicians like you would trusted friends that you would leave your kids, house keys and emergency contact info with.

Because that is what the politicians end up controlling.

And fire them after one term for backtracking, lying, changing their position, double-talk or do anything against what they campaigned on.

That's what got them elected. Make them live by it.

• Like 1

Instead of electing people on what they say they will do how about judging them on what they actually have done in life regardless of party affiliation ?

Its pretty clear the current president is way over his head on various issues and is not good at listening to others or taking advise from people WITH experience.

The same can also be said for many in the house & senate.

I agree and (if) Obama takes Warfare Queen John McCain`s advice and decides to go (all-in) and show Iran, Syria, Iraq, Afghanistan, and now Russia that the USA means business and plans to reduce the Press Conference chatter and begin a get tough policy like Israel, better bring back the Draft! Obama over his head? Perhaps, but the same could easily be said of former President George (W) but he had Dick Cheney pulling the strings and mouthing the talking points. Halliburton will always be indebted.

Elect politicians like you would trusted friends that you would leave your kids, house keys and emergency contact info with.

Because that is what the politicians end up controlling.

And fire them after one term for backtracking, lying, changing their position, double-talk or do anything against what they campaigned on.

That's what got them elected. Make them live by it.

Damn, we (must) be in the "Last Days". Kirby agreed with my last Post and now I find myself agreeing with yours! Yikes

Damn, we (must) be in the "Last Days". Kirby agreed with my last Post and now I find myself agreeing with yours! Yikes

Let's hope it's the last days of the days like we've had for the past 20-30 years.

Or for that matter, ever since lying, conniving, two-faced, self-serving, manipulating, power hungry, elitist have become the favorites of the voting majority.

If only the I.R.S. was so willing to believe what I say as "we" seem to be of those who administer the I.R. S.

Edited by FiredMotorCompany

Unless the basic structure of government changes, we will continue down the path to the "Big Re-set". We allow the government to "educate" our children. Do you think they are being taught that government should be kept to a minimum so that it will not get out of control; or are they taught that more government will solve every problem? People come out of government institutions of indoctrination intuitively believing that government is the air they breathe. Government should be seen as a disease that needs to be eradicated. Government sees people who think this way as the disease, and they also control health care. I find this scary.

Unless the basic structure of government changes, we will continue down the path to the "Big Re-set". We allow the government to "educate" our children. Do you think they are being taught that government should be kept to a minimum so that it will not get out of control; or are they taught that more government will solve every problem? People come out of government institutions of indoctrination intuitively believing that government is the air they breathe. Government should be seen as a disease that needs to be eradicated. Government sees people who think this way as the disease, and they also control health care. I find this scary.

I don`t see your concern about America`s children being indoctrinated/taught/educated in Churches, Houses of Worship, Sunday School where Creationism is taught as fact and Evolution & Science is dismissed as a hoax and folly. Americans have the Constitutional Right to believe or (not) believe as they choose. Sea level rising, global warming, pollution and environmental issues, clean coal, clean safe drinkable water, the world is flat, etc. Want to see what a nation looks like when Government is eradicated? Look at Haiti, no Government, nice, huh? lots of Disease, no Infrastructure, no Healthcare. Quite a Conservatives or Libertarians Dream or Nightmare. We could always consider going away from Public Education and return to Home Schooling, right? Does "Honey Boo Boo" come to mind? Scary having the Government control HealthCare. Ever here of MediCare for those over 65? Almost every industrialized democracy in the world, be it Europe or Canada has Government Healthcare. Is it perfect, absolutely not. What would you suggest for the tens of millions of Americans that either are un-insured or under-insured. Continue to let Tax Payers pay their medical expenses through Medi-Caid re-inbursement ? That Sir, you should find "scary"!

Let's hope it's the last days of the days like we've had for the past 20-30 years.

Or for that matter, ever since lying, conniving, two-faced, self-serving, manipulating, power hungry, elitist have become the favorites of the voting majority.

If only the I.R.S. was so willing to believe what I say as "we" seem to be of those who administer the I.R. S.

Once again, Amen. Since you extended the time frame beyond 2008 to reach at least the last three decades. Despite what some would like to believe, things weren`t all rosie and perfect even during the Reagan years, smile, horse, and all. The trickle down theory in the modern era began with him.

Once again, Amen. Since you extended the time frame beyond 2008 to reach at least the last three decades. Despite what some would like to believe, things weren`t all rosie and perfect even during the Reagan years, smile, horse, and all. The trickle down theory in the modern era began with him.

While this is slightly off topic, I would ask you this Phil----------->

should FDR get any credit whatsoever for getting us out of the great depression? Some historians say yes, some say no. My take is; that if he was President, at least he didn't derail it enough to stop the recovery.

In the same vein, we have to look at Reagan. We were in terrible shape, and either his policies brought us back, or his policies were not a big enough detriment to stop us from coming back.

Most Presidents (not all) had either a domestic, or global problem that was put on their shoulders. Those that either succeeded, or were in office as the problem went away, get/got credit. Many historians agree on some Presidents whos policies worked, while other Presidents, a raging debate still hovers over them on if their policies actually slowed down the solution.

And now here is where you will gnash your teeth--------------> nothing has been solved under President Obama; unless you want to talk about the killing of Osama. The economy is still awful, eventhough they try to tell you it is not, SS is still in the tank, medicare ditto, wars all over the place, dollar being printed hand over fist, gitmo is still there, healthcare costs rising faster than inflation, and the Supremes are telling him most of his edicts are out of bounds, meaning that regardless if you agree or disagree on what he has done, within 12 months of him leaving office, most everything he did will go the way of the buggy whip.

Point is----------->we will have invested 8yrs, and got next to nothing. We will have stood in place, and watched much of the world pass us by. That is NOT a good thing.

phil 1336: I do see religion as potentially as big a threat as government. It was in the past. To-day, religion is not forced on you. You can take it or leave it. Government is, however forced on you whether you like it or not. When you are indoctrinated into government in school, it becomes a religion. I also see unions as cults. In countries where religion is forced, there are no human rights. Our rights and freedoms under bigger and bigger government are slowly but surely eroding away, also.

Edited by akirby

While this is slightly off topic, I would ask you this Phil----------->

should FDR get any credit whatsoever for getting us out of the great depression? Some historians say yes, some say no. My take is; that if he was President, at least he didn't derail it enough to stop the recovery.

In the same vein, we have to look at Reagan. We were in terrible shape, and either his policies brought us back, or his policies were not a big enough detriment to stop us from coming back.

Most Presidents (not all) had either a domestic, or global problem that was put on their shoulders. Those that either succeeded, or were in office as the problem went away, get/got credit. Many historians agree on some Presidents whos policies worked, while other Presidents, a raging debate still hovers over them on if their policies actually slowed down the solution.

And now here is where you will gnash your teeth--------------> nothing has been solved under President Obama; unless you want to talk about the killing of Osama. The economy is still awful, eventhough they try to tell you it is not, SS is still in the tank, medicare ditto, wars all over the place, dollar being printed hand over fist, gitmo is still there, healthcare costs rising faster than inflation, and the Supremes are telling him most of his edicts are out of bounds, meaning that regardless if you agree or disagree on what he has done, within 12 months of him leaving office, most everything he did will go the way of the buggy whip.

Point is----------->we will have invested 8yrs, and got next to nothing. We will have stood in place, and watched much of the world pass us by. That is NOT a good thing.

Seriously, the Economy is still doing terrible? Do you remember where we were in 2008? Stock Market at 17000 now, shows the U.S. economy is in the tank? No, I haven`t felt the bump and neither has 98% of the population do to income disparity but that doesn`t mean that our "guilded" Class have not prospered and gain tremendous additional wealth in spite of living under the oppressive rule of our Moslem Socialist Kenyan President, right? Income disparity is not the same as a stagnant economy.The great white hope, Ronald Reagan and his supply side economics and trickle down theory was based on the premise that a rising tide lifts all boats. It also sinks a lot of vessel`s at the same time too! Want to put all the blame on Jimmy Carter for run away inflation that occurred under his 4 year watch as well and 25% interest rates? The Office is bigger then the person who occupies the Thrown. Bill Clinton was holding office at the right time to take credit for a great economy, lots of job growth and not leaving the Nation buried in Debt due to fighting (2) unfunded Wars while reducing Taxes. Timing is everything, and no one can take either all the credit nor all the blame. Had we elected Mitt Romney, the only thing for sure is that our Military Industrial Complex would have flourished and we would have gone further in Debt, spilling more of our Troops blood and been at War with both Iran and Syria. As far as The Affordable HealthCare Act, it would have been rightly named, "RomneyCare" after its creator who launched the Plan while serving as Governor in the Conservative Red State of Massachusetts.

phil 1336: I do see religion as potentially as big a threat as government. It was in the past. To-day, religion is not forced on you. You can take it or leave it. Government is, however forced on you whether you like it or not. When you are indoctrinated into government in school, it becomes a religion. I also see unions as cults. In countries where religion is forced, there are no human rights. Our rights and freedoms under bigger and bigger government are slowly but surely eroding away, also.

I agree for the most part on (some) of your theory however,how do you classify Unions as "Cults". Before Unions, in the so called Good Old Days, when the Robber Barons ruled, we had Child Labor, no minimum wages, no overtime pay or holiday pay, vacation or retirement benefits, no 40 hour work week, etc. Do you think workplace safety would have improved without Unions or the threat of Organized Labor? Maybe you resent the heavy hand of OSHA? Google search the Triangle Shirt-Waist Factory fire in NYC (before) the Garment Workers Unions were established! The only reason some foreign Automotive Manufacturers have remained, "non-union" here in their U.S. Plants is simply the (threat) of Unions and Organized Labor forcing them to provide similar pay and benefits.

Seriously, the Economy is still doing terrible?

Do you consider the huge unemployment and underemployment numbers good ?

More permanent / full time jobs lost than part time jobs created good ?

Personal income ( take home pay ) has dropped every year since Obama took office good ?

Yea, the economy is pretty bad and propped up by the treasury printing money floating the bond market/s.

http://dailycaller.com/2014/01/06/analysis-obamas-2014-strategy-my-economy-sucks/

Seriously, the Economy is still doing terrible? Do you remember where we were in 2008? Stock Market at 17000 now, shows the U.S. economy is in the tank? No, I haven`t felt the bump and neither has 98% of the population do to income disparity but that doesn`t mean that our "guilded" Class have not prospered and gain tremendous additional wealth in spite of living under the oppressive rule of our Moslem Socialist Kenyan President, right? Income disparity is not the same as a stagnant economy.The great white hope, Ronald Reagan and his supply side economics and trickle down theory was based on the premise that a rising tide lifts all boats. It also sinks a lot of vessel`s at the same time too! Want to put all the blame on Jimmy Carter for run away inflation that occurred under his 4 year watch as well and 25% interest rates? The Office is bigger then the person who occupies the Thrown. Bill Clinton was holding office at the right time to take credit for a great economy, lots of job growth and not leaving the Nation buried in Debt due to fighting (2) unfunded Wars while reducing Taxes. Timing is everything, and no one can take either all the credit nor all the blame. Had we elected Mitt Romney, the only thing for sure is that our Military Industrial Complex would have flourished and we would have gone further in Debt, spilling more of our Troops blood and been at War with both Iran and Syria. As far as The Affordable HealthCare Act, it would have been rightly named, "RomneyCare" after its creator who launched the Plan while serving as Governor in the Conservative Red State of Massachusetts.

Phil, just a few pertinent questions,

1. How many poor people own stocks? Did they get any of the growth in the market put in their pockets, or if they are poor, are they still looking for a good paying job that doesn't exist?

2. Income disparity? Do you think that allowing illegal aliens in is DECREASING, or INCREASING income disparity? The more we let in, the bigger the disparity grows, which I guess makes it a never ending talking point for poverty pimps of all racial special interest groups, now doesn't it!

3. I believe this is a vary important point-----------> Phil, I do not know what you do/did for a living, but I bet you were pretty good at it. I know what some of the people on here do/did, and I bet they are pretty good at their jobs too. Past performance leaves a record behind that goes to your resume, along with allowing people to measure the mettle of a man/woman, when they venture into conversation on various topics. In other words........their past performance adds to their credibility, and believability, which is not one in the same.

And so, let us talk about politicians. If you were going to save a business, make a business grow, or restructure a business and balance the books; would the 1st person you think of be Barack Obama the community organizer? Would you pick him with everything you know about him BEFORE he ran for President as the person to handle foreign policy? How about fixing SS, medicare, or creating a new healthcare program? Looking into his past, and seeing (what is it you see?) how he faired in anything he has done, do you think he (or anyone for that matter) should just be able to use his pen and phone to affect years upon years of immigration policy, or any other policy for that matter?

He graduated from Harvard, yes? Was that with honors? How many people graduated from Harvard, then went on to become community organizers? What do you think? You should really look up what a community organizer is, and it might scare the heck out of you.

And so, let me remind you of a few things, and I will leave it at that.

a. Who do Romney say was our geopolitical foe, only to be mad fun of by the media and Mr Obama? Who was correct!

b. Who constantly ran adds about republicans pushing grandma off a cliff by messing with medicare and SS? Who actually took almost 800 billion out to finance a healthcare system that is not working?

c. Who promised to fix ss and medicare, and won't even discuss it with congress?

d. And your idea that if Romney got elected, the war machine would be happy is kinda not true. You see; all taxing and spending bills originate in congress, not the oval office. Me pointing the finger at Obama for overspending, is like you pointing your finger at GW. The only difference is----------> when republicans shut the government down to try and reduce spending, didn't every democrat scream bloody murder? Did the democrats ever shut down GWs spending by closing the government? See my point!

In the end, the social compact for SS was made by politicians, and I don't see a one of them suggesting that the government quite taking that money out of workers checks, so therefore, if we are all smart, we will hold their feet to the fire for them to fix it. Doesn't make any difference what party they come from, they need to address the issue. Ignoring the problem is not going to make it go away, and older people who refuse to force our politicians do address it, are only hoping they die before it is and their benefit is altered. That is a hell of a way to run a country, and if the generations before us could win world wars, I am sure we can handle this bump in the road.

Phil, just a few pertinent questions,

1. How many poor people own stocks? Did they get any of the growth in the market put in their pockets, or if they are poor, are they still looking for a good paying job that doesn't exist?

2. Income disparity? Do you think that allowing illegal aliens in is DECREASING, or INCREASING income disparity? The more we let in, the bigger the disparity grows, which I guess makes it a never ending talking point for poverty pimps of all racial special interest groups, now doesn't it!

3. I believe this is a vary important point-----------> Phil, I do not know what you do/did for a living, but I bet you were pretty good at it. I know what some of the people on here do/did, and I bet they are pretty good at their jobs too. Past performance leaves a record behind that goes to your resume, along with allowing people to measure the mettle of a man/woman, when they venture into conversation on various topics. In other words........their past performance adds to their credibility, and believability, which is not one in the same.

And so, let us talk about politicians. If you were going to save a business, make a business grow, or restructure a business and balance the books; would the 1st person you think of be Barack Obama the community organizer? Would you pick him with everything you know about him BEFORE he ran for President as the person to handle foreign policy? How about fixing SS, medicare, or creating a new healthcare program? Looking into his past, and seeing (what is it you see?) how he faired in anything he has done, do you think he (or anyone for that matter) should just be able to use his pen and phone to affect years upon years of immigration policy, or any other policy for that matter?

He graduated from Harvard, yes? Was that with honors? How many people graduated from Harvard, then went on to become community organizers? What do you think? You should really look up what a community organizer is, and it might scare the heck out of you.

And so, let me remind you of a few things, and I will leave it at that.

a. Who do Romney say was our geopolitical foe, only to be mad fun of by the media and Mr Obama? Who was correct!

b. Who constantly ran adds about republicans pushing grandma off a cliff by messing with medicare and SS? Who actually took almost 800 billion out to finance a healthcare system that is not working?

c. Who promised to fix ss and medicare, and won't even discuss it with congress?

d. And your idea that if Romney got elected, the war machine would be happy is kinda not true. You see; all taxing and spending bills originate in congress, not the oval office. Me pointing the finger at Obama for overspending, is like you pointing your finger at GW. The only difference is----------> when republicans shut the government down to try and reduce spending, didn't every democrat scream bloody murder? Did the democrats ever shut down GWs spending by closing the government? See my point!

In the end, the social compact for SS was made by politicians, and I don't see a one of them suggesting that the government quite taking that money out of workers checks, so therefore, if we are all smart, we will hold their feet to the fire for them to fix it. Doesn't make any difference what party they come from, they need to address the issue. Ignoring the problem is not going to make it go away, and older people who refuse to force our politicians do address it, are only hoping they die before it is and their benefit is altered. That is a hell of a way to run a country, and if the generations before us could win world wars, I am sure we can handle this bump in the road.

Since its obvious we are "polar opposites" politically, I choose not to get into a pissing contest with you. We do agree on some basic points and then partisan ideology causes us to view issues in a completely different way. Blaming "illegals" and our lack of Immigration policy has to be put at the feet of former President "W". Con- Agra, and ADM our (Farm) conglomerates needed to have and still need a vast cheap labor pool of (hands) to do Jobs that Blonde/Blue Eyed Americans simply won`t do, period! Carping on a flawed Affordable HealthCare Act that was "Romney`s" won`t make the problem of tens of milliions of Americans that either have (no) Health Coverage at all are (under-insured). MediCaid, paid for by you and me with Taxpayer dollars pays the bills instead. I`m sure you will agree, like I`ve Posted before, Santa Claus, The Tooth Fairy, and The Easter Bunny never have and will never pick up the Tab! Our sworn "geopolitical foe", until recently, The Cold War with Russia was long over, yes or no? Poor people don`t own Stocks? They never will with a Federal minimum wage of $7.25@ hr. You want to question Obama`s "intellect". You might not like his policies or political leanings but would you like to compare his with "W`s" IQ? Obama went to Harvard, true. George W went to Yale. What was "W`s" Grade Point Average? Think he could have gotten into Yale without his Father being an Alumni? You state that ObamaCare or rather RomneyCare is a complete and total failure. What did the Republicans offer as an alternative? No denial of coverage for pre-existing conditions or massive Premium spikes? Keeping ones Children covered until age 25? Much like it flawed, yes? The Dem`s should have never given up on Single Payer National Healthcare like MediCare, period! In summation, we do agree on many points and its obvious, just like with Religion, its near impossible to convert the unwilling. I enjoy a good debate without name calling, stupid labels being cast, etc. I feel you have made many valid points and regardless if you feel comfortable enough in this Forum to admit it, many of what I have laid out bare merit too. One thing for sure, this great Republic is on the slippery slope of becoming a new developing Third World Country, regardless of where you want to lay the blame. Having Marco Rubio, Mitt Romney and the rest of the parroting Right Wing continue to expound that the USA is still the greatest Nation that there ever was and still is will not fix the problem that we face. To deny fixes nothing!

Do you consider the huge unemployment and underemployment numbers good ?

More permanent / full time jobs lost than part time jobs created good ?

Personal income ( take home pay ) has dropped every year since Obama took office good ?

Yea, the economy is pretty bad and propped up by the treasury printing money floating the bond market/s.

http://dailycaller.com/2014/01/06/analysis-obamas-2014-strategy-my-economy-sucks/

Cal50: Good point. Where do you want to start from, say Jan. 0f 2008? All the numbers look fabulous since then, yes or no? True, Income Inequality is worse then ever, Obama`s fault or the Billionaire Koch Brothers and their Lobby, "Americans For Prosperity" for them, very much so! Times have been very good. They and the US Chambers of Commerce are responsible for Wage stagnation, case closed! Kill off the Unions and abolish the minimum wage and happy days will be here again, right?

You want to question Obama`s "intellect". You might not like his policies or political leanings but would you like to compare his with "W`s" IQ? Obama went to Harvard, true. George W went to Yale. What was "W`s" Grade Point Average? Think he could have gotten into Yale without his Father being an Alumni?

I can't pass this up.

What was Obama's GPA? We've seen W's, but Obama's grades have been kept a tighter secret than the blueprints for the next Presidential helicopter.

And just who was Obama's connection to Harvard?