Social Security running out of $$$ again......

What people do not want to understand is-----------------> people think differently, and not everyone thinks like me, or you, or Obama, or Cruz.

In America, it USED to be you say what you wanted, and absolutely could think what you wanted. It is not that way anymore, and most disagreement is controlled by political correctness.

I would ask the people on this board a simple question----------------> how many of you are paying a taxing freight, meaning you are paying more in then you ever get back? Now for those of us that do, let us break it down into another subset-------------> how many of those that actually pay the freight, want your wealth partially transferred to others, and how many do not? The point is------> it used to be called CHARITY and it was optional. Now you make it so everyone has to pay regardless.

It is the same thing with how you live. How many of us would think living in a 700 square ft apartment demeaning? Many people are perfectly satisfied; and if someone is satisfied living as they currently live as far as home, nutrition, and transportation and can do it without working, why would they want to work?

Now look at it from the other point of view, and lets make pretend-----------------> tomorrow, somehow, someway, somebody drops 50 million dollars in your lap, AFTER you paid your taxes. Some people would invest the money conservatively and live the rest of their life in bliss. Others, would try and invest and work hard at it to turn that 50 million into 100, 200, 300, or a billion dollars. It is all a state of mind, but the truth is---------------> what anyone chooses for themselves, they should also be responsible for themselves and the choices they make.

Finally, I say think about this-------------> everyone on this board gasps when we see big scams that cost people billions. Those bloodsuckers screw the common working man, and even scam the rich. Just think of that power company in California who screwed everyone, and that clown who now sits in jail because they both fleeced millions, if not billions. (both names escape me at the moment, but I am positive you know of whom it is I speak) And yet, many of the same people who gasp at that, accept that people collect THEIR taxpayer money on false pretenses, don't care if more people are ILLEGALLY imported over the border to collect, do not mind that people who could actually help them PAY into the system scam it, and take a net benefit out, and then turn around and tell the rest of us we are somehow evil for demanding accountability on all fronts. Always remember that most scam artists never get rich of their scams, they just never have to work!

It is also a proven fact throughout history, that LEADERS who try and cement power push the masses towards blaming a certain entity for their problems; all of their problems! And who do we have being blamed today? Why rich people, and business owners. Now that is brilliant, but I can prove it is all nonsense in one paragraph.

If I, Akirby, XR, Fired, and Cal 50 all acquire 1 billion each tomorrow, how much does everyones taxes go down, and how much does your bank account drop? No change you say? Interesting! So what if we all have 2 billion today, and each lose 1 billion tomorrow? Does that affect your taxes or bank account? No? Interesting, isn't it! But what if our money is tied up in a business and the government taxes us more lowering our profit margin, for which we have to answer to our wives, or shareholders, lol? And you happen to work for me, or one of the others? Oh, now you are getting it! You see, if I am making 3% on my business, and you take 1/3 of that and drop it to 2% profit; and if I can make 2.5% profit by just investing the money and do nothing, why would I keep my business? Guess that means you and your co-workers are out of a job. Yes, you will blame it on me, but really, it was Obamas fault. Of course, you will never believe that as you try and collect your check for doing nothing.

Again, not much for even "I" to disagree with (But) where is the Conservative outrage that no one, not a single soul has gone to Prison for the Financial Sector meltdown and Banking collapse between 2006 and 2008? Sure, JP Morgan Chase, CitiGroup and others have been fined Billions of dollars that simply hurts the dividends of Shareholders but why has no top executives been (personally) found guilty, fined, and imprisoned? Funny, Joe Six Pac who carries his lunch pail to work and punches his time clock rails against the welfare cheaters and the "poor" but never points a finger at the greed and excesses of the ultra rich and Corporate white collar thieves. Another public service announcement brought to you courtesy of the billionaire Koch Brothers and their PAC, Americans For Prosperity, right? Very Right!

Again, not much for even "I" to disagree with (But) where is the Conservative outrage that no one, not a single soul has gone to Prison for the Financial Sector meltdown and Banking collapse between 2006 and 2008? Sure, JP Morgan Chase, CitiGroup and others have been fined Billions of dollars that simply hurts the dividends of Shareholders but why has no top executives been (personally) found guilty, fined, and imprisoned? Funny, Joe Six Pac who carries his lunch pail to work and punches his time clock rails against the welfare cheaters and the "poor" but never points a finger at the greed and excesses of the ultra rich and Corporate white collar thieves. Another public service announcement brought to you courtesy of the billionaire Koch Brothers and their PAC, Americans For Prosperity, right? Very Right!

Funny, I never heard the Koch brothers mentioned......The screw-up started with the politicians then was executed.

http://youtu.be/IhF5ErMwwUI

http://youtu.be/AR8h0r0xz_Y

Funny, I never heard the Koch brothers mentioned......The screw-up started with the politicians then was executed.

http://youtu.be/IhF5ErMwwUI

http://youtu.be/AR8h0r0xz_Y

So, your going to put the blame on the heavy hand of Federal intervention? Dodd-Frank I presume? Goldman Sachs, Lehman Brothers, BOC, Chase-Morgan, Citi Group all have cleans hands, huh? Wheres the PIcs of your hero`s? Ted Cruz,Blake Farenthold, Louie Gohmert, Michelle Bachmann, and the other "intellects" of the Conservative Right?

No, I don't agree with corporate loopholes and corporate welfare unless it's directly connected to job creation (e.g. local tax break to build a new office and hire locals). But I also don't believe in corporate taxes because they just get passed on to consumers. I also don't agree with what's happening in the financial sector financially or legally. I don't believe in trickle down but I also don't believe in using taxes for income redistribution. The people you're trying to tax will simply take their money and business elsewhere and the ones you're trying to "help" just become lazy and dependent on the government. I grew up in a rural town with folks who were 2nd and 3rd generation welfare recipients. They weren't on welfare because they had to be - they wanted to be. The ones who didn't want to be on welfare got jobs and/or moved away.

• Like 1

So, your going to put the blame on the heavy hand of Federal intervention? Dodd-Frank I presume? Goldman Sachs, Lehman Brothers, BOC, Chase-Morgan, Citi Group all have cleans hands, huh? Wheres the PIcs of your hero`s? Ted Cruz,Blake Farenthold, Louie Gohmert, Michelle Bachmann, and the other "intellects" of the Conservative

Everyone involved in creating, buying and selling sub prime mortgages are to blame including the government (both parties). Government rules forcing companies to give mortgages to people without verifying their income is one of the stupidest policies ever enacted.

So, your going to put the blame on the heavy hand of Federal intervention? Dodd-Frank I presume? Goldman Sachs, Lehman Brothers, BOC, Chase-Morgan, Citi Group all have cleans hands, huh? Wheres the PIcs of your hero`s? Ted Cruz,Blake Farenthold, Louie Gohmert, Michelle Bachmann, and the other "intellects" of the Conservative Right?

There is plenty of blame to go around and its not exclusive to one political party although you point a certain way each and every time as if on cue.

I have no "hero's" but I can tell you the minute loan standards were dropped and federally guaranteed it was the start of a huge mistake that many piled on and profited from.

If it was criminal then those involved should be prosecuted but since many people have dirty hands its clear that's not going to happen.

Clearly the involvement of some politicians contributed to the larger mess.

Edited by cal50
  • Like 1

KIrby; Exxon Mobil and the other OIl Corporations only make a few pennies per gallon of Gas, right? Bet you have no problem having the Federal Government continue to give them right offs and Tax Loopholes like Oil Depletion Allowances, huh? Just as long as they are "Job Creators", giving them Corporate Welfare is fine, just as long as they don`t become "Entitlements" going to poor Folks classified as Social Welfare. Bet (both) of us paid a higher percentage of our net income in Federal Taxes then Big Oil has or ever will.

How about we get taxed no more than the congressmen and corporations?

And if the federal budget can't sustain it's level of spending.......CUT THE FRICKIN" BUDGET AND STOP SPENDING MONEY OUR GRANDCHILDREN WILL HAVE TO TOIL TO PAY!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

Time for Phil to say "but you don't want to cut military spending because that would hurt Halliburton". YES WE DO! It has to be cut along with virtually every other program.

State, county and city governments know they have to be solvent and if their budget comes up short they cut spending. Individuals do the same thing or they go bankrupt. I guess the democrats want the federal government to go bankrupt. There is no other explanation for continuing to spend and spend and spend and raise the debt ceiling over and over and over. And the Republicans don't have the guts to stop it.

There is plenty of blame to go around and its not exclusive to one political party although you point a certain way each and every time as if on cue.

I have no "hero's" but I can tell you the minute loan standards were dropped and federally guaranteed it was the start of a huge mistake that many piled on and profited from.

If it was criminal then those involved should be prosecuted but since many people have dirty hands its clear that's not going to happen.

Clearly the involvement of some politicians contributed to the larger mes

Time for Phil to say "but you don't want to cut military spending because that would hurt Halliburton". YES WE DO! It has to be cut along with virtually every other program.

State, county and city governments know they have to be solvent and if their budget comes up short they cut spending. Individuals do the same thing or they go bankrupt. I guess the democrats want the federal government to go bankrupt. There is no other explanation for continuing to spend and spend and spend and raise the debt ceiling over and over and over. And the Republicans don't have the guts to stop it.

Thats bull shit and you damn well know it! What we don`t give Halliburton and the rest of our Military Industrial Complex in no-bid contracts, we lobby Countries all over the Globe and arm them to their teeth with Guns, Rockets, and Fighter Jets to continue the enhance the chances of War somewhere just to boost their profit sheet.

How about we get taxed no more than the congressmen and corporations?

And if the federal budget can't sustain it's level of spending.......CUT THE FRICKIN" BUDGET AND STOP SPENDING MONEY OUR GRANDCHILDREN WILL HAVE TO TOIL TO PAY!!!!!!!!

Lets start right now by having the Highway program grind to an immediate halt. Enjoy the Pot Holes and the return to Dirt Roads. Think the Interstate Highways could have been built today with this Congress? It takes revenue to prevent this Nation from becoming a regressive developing Third World Country.

What about poor States like Mississippi that get almost 50% of their revenue from the Federal Government to fund their budget? The "Red" States that scream the loudest about Washington`s "over reach" have their hand out the farthest!

I guess the democrats want the federal government to go bankrupt. There is no other explanation for continuing to spend and spend and spend and raise the debt ceiling over and over and over. And the Republicans don't have the guts to stop it.

Consider the percentage of US federal money spent on military hardware. Can you say "Military-Industrial Complex"? How many Nimitz-class nuke carriers does America really need? How many foreign bases? There's your other explanation: Beltway cronyism over all the porkage. The F-35 money-trough? Meanwhile, an under-staffed IRS can't find all that "trickle-down" money that seemed to trickle out to off-shore bank accounts . . .

I guess the republicans want the federal government to go bankrupt; there is no other explanation for continuing to spend and spend and spend on hardware you can't afford to protect all that oil in Iraq and the Middle East. :)

What about poor States like Mississippi that get almost 50% of their revenue from the Federal Government to fund their budget? The "Red" States that scream the loudest about Washington`s "over reach" have their hand out the farthest!

And what does that have to do with the price of beans? Nobody is saying "cut off only blue states" here, we are in unison proclaiming to cut off all of the states. You are really trying to make this to partisan Phil; probably unknowingly. Nobody is saying anything about fixing anything on the backs of one political party, one ethnic group, or one region of the country. It is not feasible to try and find a solution while protecting certain groups or areas, just as much as it isn't to attack certain groups or areas either.

You obviously are to caught up in being fair to subgroups that should have no sway with your decisions at all. We are all Americans, and the ones who have to get less, or pay more, are Americans too! The ONLY ones who have NO standing in the debate at all are illegals who are NOT Americans.

You know how to tell a politician is useless? If his reasoning for doing anything is because-----------> 1 American group has to much, or another American group needs more. That is division of your country, when the goal should be to keep the country together. Not 1 conservative on this board wants an African American, or Hispanic American, to be treated any differently than a Caucasian American. As you succinctly pointed out, "some of the reddest states take the largest amount of government handouts." Did you see any of us on here proclaim they should be exempt because they are red?

With Social Security; and frankly any other problem we have in this country fiscally; if we all quit insisting that we gotta protect this group, or attack this other group, and instead make reasonable decisions and let the chips fall where they may...........we will make progress together. You do realize that the number 1 reason that nothing gets done in congress is because------------> congress is to busy protecting sub-groups, or attacking sub-groups; while America burns. Congress real agenda is to protect lobbyists, or their political donors. They can't come out and say that though, so they spin it into something that really irritates guys like you, or I; and here we sit at each others throats.........instead of us being at congress throats. They like that a lot, and I am sure all of them from both partys are sitting there spinning their talking points to keep us all right where we are today, instead of telling all of them in Washington to take a hike!

Imahosure; Correct me if I`m wrong but when did the South turn "Red" from Dixiecrat "Blue". Wasn`t it during President Lyndon Johnson administration when he ramrodded through Civil Rights Legislation? You claim that Conservatives "in this Forum" want (everyone) to be treated no differently then Caucasians regardless of their race. I`ll take your word for it. Maybe, you can attest to knowing what lies in the hearts of (this) Forums Posters, but I assure you, in the real world, not so much! I do agree that our Government is apparently terminally broken, bought and paid for by Lobbyists, Billionaire special interest groups and Super Pacs such as "Americans for Prosperity" their own at least. The Supreme Courts, Citizen`s United" decision upholding that Corporations are People too and are protected by the same Constitutional Rights will prove to be one of the worst rulings handed down in generations.

What part of "we need to cut military spending" did you guys not understand?

If it's a Republican issue then why hasn't Obama and Congress even attempted to fix it?

The only difference between Republicans and Democrats is what they want to spend our money on. They're all either out to spend the country into oblivion or gutless to do anything about it.

Lets start right now by having the Highway program grind to an immediate halt. Enjoy the Pot Holes and the return to Dirt Roads. Think the Interstate Highways could have been built today with this Congress? It takes revenue to prevent this Nation from becoming a regressive developing Third World Country.

I guess there's no need to discuss prioritization. Just jump right in to the same old technique of threatening to eliminate EMT, Fire and Police services if taxes aren't raised immediately........then give everybody 10% pay raises or a new administrative building, and so fourth.

• Like 1

What part of "we need to cut military spending" did you guys not understand?

If it's a Republican issue then why hasn't Obama and Congress even attempted to fix it?

Why? Because the Military-Industrial Complex, the hordes of Beltway Bandits and carpetbaggers, and now corporations are people too, with gazillions of dollars for the appropriately appreciative 'Crats and "Cans.

If Obama wanted to take this on, you already know the GOP controls the House, so why would Obama tackle something impossible? Then again, you already knew that, didn't you?

The more realistic scenario is that ALL politicians are afraid to cut military spending because it usually has a direct impact to their constituents in their home states by closing military locations. Of course there is corporate lobbying.

You can't blame the Republicans if the Democrats don't make a budget proposal that cuts spending in the first place. "It would never pass so why bother" is a stupid excuse. And to paint it as a partisan issue is disingenuous.

The Democrats may SAY they want to cut military spending but they never try. The fact is neither side is willing to cut it (or anything else) so the debt ceiling just keeps getting higher and higher.

Please tell us what is going to happen if we keep spending and increasing the debt ceiling and increasing the amount of interest that WE have to pay for every month.

Imahosure; Correct me if I`m wrong but when did the South turn "Red" from Dixiecrat "Blue". Wasn`t it during President Lyndon Johnson administration when he ramrodded through Civil Rights Legislation? You claim that Conservatives "in this Forum" want (everyone) to be treated no differently then Caucasians regardless of their race. I`ll take your word for it. Maybe, you can attest to knowing what lies in the hearts of (this) Forums Posters, but I assure you, in the real world, not so much! I do agree that our Government is apparently terminally broken, bought and paid for by Lobbyists, Billionaire special interest groups and Super Pacs such as "Americans for Prosperity" their own at least. The Supreme Courts, Citizen`s United" decision upholding that Corporations are People too and are protected by the same Constitutional Rights will prove to be one of the worst rulings handed down in generations.

Phil, this has absolutely nothing to do with S.S. but I beg Akirbys forgiveness on this one. What I am about to tell you is absolute fact, can easily be found in multiple locations on the internet, along with libraries if you want to shrug off what the internet says, and before you have a knee jerk reaction that I am trying to spoof you, look up what I am about to say. Not going to get long winded because what people learn through their own investigation, is far better than someone pointing it out who they believe might be opposed to them.

1. The 1st President in modern times who put forth civil rights legislation was Dwight Eisenhower. It basically mirrored all the rights and protection of equality that was given by the Johnson legislation. Virtually every republican in congress voted for it, but it was defeated by democrats.

2. The legislation put forth by Johnson was indeed put forth by a democratic President, and his writer was honestly a democrat in congress. The amazing thing is, most of the democrats in congress voted no. Almost all, if not all of the republicans voted for it, and it barely passed. In fact, President Johnson had the republican whip of the house and senate at his side when he signed this great legislation, because without virtual unanimous republican support, the democrats would have defeated the bill. He wanted them in the picture as a "thanks" for pushing through Kennedys wishes.

This nonsense that conservatives are against people of color is propaganda, foisted upon mostly the African American community once it became apparent they would be a huge voting block.

All you need do is put on your thinking cap, remember history, and African Americans can see how they were played---------> The democrats are the party of spending, so they started creating programs to supposedly help poor people by GIVING them something. Now then, which sub group in the 60s, 70s, and 80s, had the most poor people?

Ah-ha, got ya! First inclination is to say African Americans, and you would be wrong; it was WHITE PEOPLE; inner city, and the poor areas of the South. But, if you listened to democrats, the reason that republicans wanted to rein in these programs, is because they didn't like black people........while the whole time, most of the recipients were lily white!!!!!!!! And so, the myth was born.

Fast forward to today. Democrats have kind of thrown black America under the bus. How/why? Because the largest group of ethnic voters now, or very soon, is Hispanics. And what do you hear? Republicans don't like Hispanics, they hate their children, they won't give them their rights. (eventhough in context, the ones being discussed are illegal) Do you see the correlation? Is not history repeating itself?

And as for Obama? What do you hear? ----------------> We stand against him because he is the 1st black President. Ummmmmmm, isn't Harry Reid white? Isn't Nancy Pelosi so white she is like chalk? They all stand for the same thing, that is why we are in opposition. The color of a persons skin means absolutely nothing, for if it did, we would never have supported Clarence Thomas. It is what they say, and their ideas.

I totally understand why black America doesn't trust conservatives; just as much as I understand why regular communist citizens hate the West. If all you hear is propaganda about how someone hates you for the express purpose of keeping you locked in to a thought process, it is very hard to break out of it and show trust. What is most depressing though, is that a political party would stoop to such measures.

If you think I am wrong, just think of this (and I am told that when you bring the name of Adolf Hitler into a post, it crashes all your logic, but it is the best correlation I can think of)-----------> does any one here think that Germans are just totally evil people? Think they were/are just all crazy? Then how was a nation convinced to do what it did, and have the majority of its citizens support such absolute goofiness? PROPAGANDA, repeated over, and over, and over again; and they did it in less than 15yrs, black America has been hearing this pap for 50.

A republican President isn't going to fix this Phil. It is going to take a conservative, or a Kennedy type. As Akirby pointed out-------> republicans and democrats just want to spend money on different things, thus they want to be the ones to control the levers of power. It is going to have to be someone that most people; by a wide margin, can believe in..........like Reagan, Kennedy. A true libertarian can't do it, because unless he/she goes the route of rogue President, the congress of democrats and republicans will keep his/her hands tied totally. We aren't electing a king, so we need someone main stream. Good luck to both of us finding that!

When you have to constantly lie to hold power Phil, this should tell you that something is really wrong here. And don't count on the media letting you know, they started prosecuting a few of them a while ago, and THAT one thing might have been the biggest thing, that has gotten us in the predicament we are in today.

Hope you understand my reasoning, also hope you look up to see what I said was true. If you say, "yes but, I don't care," then we can agree to disagree, I respect your opinion, and at least thanks for checking it out. Every little bit of truth helps, and it is something we should all try to carry with us.

Edited by Imawhosure

If the SS fund is "short" or funds missing I say divert any or all foreign aid into it until fixed.

We all know if there is money sitting there its never fixed with politicians that spend more than tax dollars received.

Again, we may not agree on virtually anything including the time zone we live in but on this issue, I`m absolutely 110% in agreement, including Aid to Israel which, although I do support, but feel they can manage financial quite well on their own! While we are at in, we can save billions more and bring back tens of thousands of US Troops assigned to our Allies all over the Globe that don`t need or want us there anymore! Germany, Japan, and even South Korea, despite the DMZ, like the Rolling Stones sang, "Just a shot away" just in case North Korea`s "Little Kim" decides to do something stupid. No longer any need to assure that the Sun never sets on the U.S. Empire. That goes for our "Advisors" still remaining in Iraq & Afghanistan too.

Phil, this has absolutely nothing to do with S.S. but I beg Akirbys forgiveness on this one. What I am about to tell you is absolute fact, can easily be found in multiple locations on the internet, along with libraries if you want to shrug off what the internet says, and before you have a knee jerk reaction that I am trying to spoof you, look up what I am about to say. Not going to get long winded because what people learn through their own investigation, is far better than someone pointing it out who they believe might be opposed to them.

1. The 1st President in modern times who put forth civil rights legislation was Dwight Eisenhower. It basically mirrored all the rights and protection of equality that was given by the Johnson legislation. Virtually every republican in congress voted for it, but it was defeated by democrats.

2. The legislation put forth by Johnson was indeed put forth by a democratic President, and his writer was honestly a democrat in congress. The amazing thing is, most of the democrats in congress voted no. Almost all, if not all of the republicans voted for it, and it barely passed. In fact, President Johnson had the republican whip of the house and senate at his side when he signed this great legislation, because without virtual unanimous republican support, the democrats would have defeated the bill. He wanted them in the picture as a "thanks" for pushing through Kennedys wishes.

This nonsense that conservatives are against people of color is propaganda, foisted upon mostly the African American community once it became apparent they would be a huge voting block.

All you need do is put on your thinking cap, remember history, and African Americans can see how they were played---------> The democrats are the party of spending, so they started creating programs to supposedly help poor people by GIVING them something. Now then, which sub group in the 60s, 70s, and 80s, had the most poor people?

Ah-ha, got ya! First inclination is to say African Americans, and you would be wrong; it was WHITE PEOPLE; inner city, and the poor areas of the South. But, if you listened to democrats, the reason that republicans wanted to rein in these programs, is because they didn't like black people........while the whole time, most of the recipients were lily white!!!!!!!! And so, the myth was born.

Fast forward to today. Democrats have kind of thrown black America under the bus. How/why? Because the largest group of ethnic voters now, or very soon, is Hispanics. And what do you hear? Republicans don't like Hispanics, they hate their children, they won't give them their rights. (eventhough in context, the ones being discussed are illegal) Do you see the correlation? Is not history repeating itself?

And as for Obama? What do you hear? ----------------> We stand against him because he is the 1st black President. Ummmmmmm, isn't Harry Reid white? Isn't Nancy Pelosi so white she is like chalk? They all stand for the same thing, that is why we are in opposition. The color of a persons skin means absolutely nothing, for if it did, we would never have supported Clarence Thomas. It is what they say, and their ideas.

I totally understand why black America doesn't trust conservatives; just as much as I understand why regular communist citizens hate the West. If all you hear is propaganda about how someone hates you for the express purpose of keeping you locked in to a thought process, it is very hard to break out of it and show trust. What is most depressing though, is that a political party would stoop to such measures.

If you think I am wrong, just think of this (and I am told that when you bring the name of Adolf Hitler into a post, it crashes all your logic, but it is the best correlation I can think of)-----------> does any one here think that Germans are just totally evil people? Think they were/are just all crazy? Then how was a nation convinced to do what it did, and have the majority of its citizens support such absolute goofiness? PROPAGANDA, repeated over, and over, and over again; and they did it in less than 15yrs, black America has been hearing this pap for 50.

A republican President isn't going to fix this Phil. It is going to take a conservative, or a Kennedy type. As Akirby pointed out-------> republicans and democrats just want to spend money on different things, thus they want to be the ones to control the levers of power. It is going to have to be someone that most people; by a wide margin, can believe in..........like Reagan, Kennedy. A true libertarian can't do it, because unless he/she goes the route of rogue President, the congress of democrats and republicans will keep his/her hands tied totally. We aren't electing a king, so we need someone main stream. Good luck to both of us finding that!

When you have to constantly lie to hold power Phil, this should tell you that something is really wrong here. And don't count on the media letting you know, they started prosecuting a few of them a while ago, and THAT one thing might have been the biggest thing, that has gotten us in the predicament we are in today.

Hope you understand my reasoning, also hope you look up to see what I said was true. If you say, "yes but, I don't care," then we can agree to disagree, I respect your opinion, and at least thanks for checking it out. Every little bit of truth helps, and it is something we should all try to carry with us.

I will make this my last (non) Social Security off topic response agreeing to Kirby`s request. I`ve spent many days going through the LBJ Library on the UT Campus in Austin and have seen and listened to many of the taped archives. LBJ basically committed political suicide, destroyed his own career, Vietnam war, notwithstanding, by giving both Texas and the South to the Republicans forever for sticking his finger into the South`s segregationist eyes. Formerly Democratic, right-of-center "Dixiecrats" never forgave either LBJ or the Democratic Party and never will. Where was the Conservative "Tea Party" before Obama became President? Just a seedling that needed a "cause" to sprout suddenly through the soil of hatred and blossom under Obama. The contempt most of the (dirty south) has for the Northeaster Establishment seems to be lost to their historical memory. Like I Posted before, if it wasn`t for those Massachusetts rebels who tossed those bales of Tea into Boston Harbor, we would still to this very day be a colony of Great Britain, and seeing by the ways things are going today, probably would have been better off. Time for Ross Perot who donated a surviving Copy of the Magna Carta housed in our National Archives in Washington, DC to return it to England. Thanks to increasing income disparity, Corporation moving both their Operations and now their Headquarters offshore to avoid paying US Taxes despite enjoying unbelievable Tax loopholes allowing billion dollar enterprises like Exon-Mobil and GE to basically pay (zero) Taxes anyway. Fortune Magazine, not exactly a Socialist Rag like Mother Jones, even condemns this practice. Our modern day Robber Barons won`t rest until with the help of our US Supreme Court, who they obviously have in their pocket, eliminate once an for all the few remaining "Middle Class" Americans quickly becoming or new, "working poor". Blame the thousands of Children from Central America crossing our southern border for all of our problems, both economically and socially. Unfortunately, the "Caste" system is heading to our Nation. Fear not, its worked quite well for (some) in India for centuries.

Edited by phil1336

I will make this my last (non) Social Security off topic response agreeing to Kirby`s request. I`ve spent many days going through the LBJ Library on the UT Campus in Austin and have seen and listened to many of the taped archives. LBJ basically committed political suicide, destroyed his own career, Vietnam war, notwithstanding, by giving both Texas and the South to the Republicans forever for sticking his finger into the South`s segregationist eyes. Formerly Democratic, right-of-center "Dixiecrats" never forgave either LBJ or the Democratic Party and never will. Where was the Conservative "Tea Party" before Obama became President?

This has been debunked:

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2013/04/the-southern-strategy-debunked-again.php

Key excerpt:

In truth, the white South began breaking away from the Democrats in the 1920s, as population centers began to develop in what was being called the “New South” . . .

But the big breakthrough, to the extent that there was one, came in 1952. Dwight Eisenhower won 48 percent of the vote there, compared to Adlai Stevenson’s 52 percent. He carried most of the “peripheral South” — Virginia, Tennessee, Texas and Florida — and made inroads in the “Deep South,” almost carrying South Carolina and losing North Carolina and Louisiana by single digits.

Even in what we might call the “Deepest South” — Georgia, Alabama, and Mississippi — Eisenhower kept Stevenson under 70 percent, which might not seem like much until you realize that Tom Dewey got 18 percent in Georgia against FDR in 1944, and that this had been an improvement over Herbert Hoover’s 8 percent in 1932.

In 1956, Eisenhower became the first Republican since Reconstruction to win a plurality of the vote in the South, 49.8 percent to 48.9 percent. He once again carried the peripheral South, but also took Louisiana with 53 percent of the vote. He won nearly 40 percent of the vote in Alabama. This is all the more jarring when you realize that the Brown v. Board decision was handed down in the interim, that the administration had appointed the chief justice who wrote the decision, and that the administration had opposed the school board.

Nor can we simply write this off to Eisenhower’s celebrity. The GOP was slowly improving its showings at the congressional level as well. It won a special election to a House seat in west Texas in 1950, and began winning urban congressional districts in Texas, North Carolina, Florida and Virginia with regularity beginning in 1952.

• Like 1

This has been debunked:

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2013/04/the-southern-strategy-debunked-again.php

Key excerpt:

In truth, the white South began breaking away from the Democrats in the 1920s, as population centers began to develop in what was being called the “New South” . . .

But the big breakthrough, to the extent that there was one, came in 1952. Dwight Eisenhower won 48 percent of the vote there, compared to Adlai Stevenson’s 52 percent. He carried most of the “peripheral South” — Virginia, Tennessee, Texas and Florida — and made inroads in the “Deep South,” almost carrying South Carolina and losing North Carolina and Louisiana by single digits.

Even in what we might call the “Deepest South” — Georgia, Alabama, and Mississippi — Eisenhower kept Stevenson under 70 percent, which might not seem like much until you realize that Tom Dewey got 18 percent in Georgia against FDR in 1944, and that this had been an improvement over Herbert Hoover’s 8 percent in 1932.

In 1956, Eisenhower became the first Republican since Reconstruction to win a plurality of the vote in the South, 49.8 percent to 48.9 percent. He once again carried the peripheral South, but also took Louisiana with 53 percent of the vote. He won nearly 40 percent of the vote in Alabama. This is all the more jarring when you realize that the Brown v. Board decision was handed down in the interim, that the administration had appointed the chief justice who wrote the decision, and that the administration had opposed the school board.

Nor can we simply write this off to Eisenhower’s celebrity. The GOP was slowly improving its showings at the congressional level as well. It won a special election to a House seat in west Texas in 1950, and began winning urban congressional districts in Texas, North Carolina, Florida and Virginia with regularity beginning in 1952.

Glenn Beck; And your point is? Assuming your "facts" are correct, Lyndon Johnson sealed the deal, period! Exactly, what are you refuting? The South was solidly Democrat "dixiecrat" until LBJ broke their final straw. Wanna rewrite history and claim that the South championed equality and hated Segregation too? Not saying that Connecticut didn`t have a strong KKK Chapter in Shelton, but where was their core epi-center?