What is a CD6 ?

theoldwizard

.just woke up from my nap trying to sleep off a migraine.

If I had to work on Windows all day I'd have migraines too!

(yeah, I had to. I'm actually on a conference call right now trying to figure out how to build virtual windows servers. It's 10 times harder than building a Linux vm. Just sayin'.......)

Edited by akirby
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

CD6 = D6 ??

Lincoln's $5B revival bid hinges upon new D6 chassis

If new reports are accurate, the brand (Lincoln) is poised to build on that momentum with its largest investment in new products in years thanks in large measure to a new modular platform codenamed D6.
The springboard for the Lincoln revival plan is a new family of vehicles that will be built on a highly flexible premium platform that can be configured for front-, rear- and all-wheel-drive vehicles, according to industry sources familiar with Ford's plans.

• 9 months later...

CD6 is the new platform of cars coming from ford. It will be the Explorer a new Lincoln yet to be named and a few other cars. This will not be in 2016 but it will be the next big thing launched by ford. I am currently working on a portion of the platform for my engineering firm near detroit. It's gunna be a great thing.

Edited by Tbakker044
  • Like 1

CD6 is the new platform of cars coming from ford. It will be the Explorer a new Lincoln yet to be named and a few other cars. This will not be in 2016 but it will be the next big thing launched by ford. I am currently working on a portion of the platform for my engineering firm near detroit. It's gunna be a great thing...

... a new Lincoln that has yet to have a name released even to the teams working on it

thumb.gif TY! thumb.gif

It is not covered by a NDA I have not signed anything saying I won'the say anything and the only information I have given you is that it's gunna be awesome and it's for the Explorer and a new Lincoln. I think I'm pretty safe. Besides the point this is information you can even find online if you look hard enough. I have given you no details, and you have no idea what portion of the car my team is working on.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

We need to be careful here to separate what people want to see happen as opposed to what Ford has planned,

for the last decade, too many houses of cards have been built about the imminent arrival of GRWD Fords and Lincolns.

While a case probably exists for the next Explorer to be RWD, i suspect that the more obvious move is light weighting

to improve sustainability under CAFE, logic dictates that RWD would be a secondary consideration to weight reduction.

Edited by jpd80
  • Like 1