What happened to this....applink update

https://media.ford.com/content/fordmedia/fna/us/en/news/2014/01/03/ford-offers-sync-applink-for-3-million-more-customers.html

Does anyone recall this announcement from the beginning of the year? It was said that the update was to roll out 'later this year'.

Also Is the re-branded 'Sync 2' announced with the 2015 Focus the new QNX version of Sync or an update to the Microsoft version?

Speaking of Infotainment devices, I had a GMC Terrain as a rental this week (I'll post a review later) and GM's Intellink and its about 5 steps behind Ford's MFT/Sync system.

Biggest complaint is with bluetooth devices...if you have your phone synced up and say using nav program like Waze or Google Maps, it doesn't "play" the voice unless you set it to BT input. When I use my MFT, it plays it no matter what I'm using, like a USB device or the like.

It also felt like it was limited in the input section with most of the choices having to be done on the touch screen vs having 2-3 different ways of doing with MFT.

Really? My MFT in my 13 Fusion only plays nav commands from my phone if its on BT. If I have it on any other input it doesn't play it. Is there a setting for that?

At least on my Sync-equipped F150 (non-MFT), I don't know of one. I've tried. Given a BT-connected phone will interrupt my radio no matter the source, it would seem this would be an easy software fix.

I've also found that Slacker Radio no longer works properly as the app has been updated. I've tried explaining the problem with the app developer, but I've just would up sticking with an older version that works properly. Don't know how often the Sync software gets updated, but assuming it never (or rarely) does, the developer(s) shouldn't have this problem. I can't imagine there are that many differences between Sync versions.