New Ford GT on the way

It's really hard for Ford to sell something that nobody here wants to buy.

I want one, The last poll I did here said otherwise. I am sure you have wealth a Marketing data that says that no one wants a wagon in North America.

I am betting the demand for a Focus wagon is much greater than the demand for another money losing supercar.

cheers.

I want one, The last poll I did here said otherwise. I am sure you have wealth a Marketing data that says that no one wants a wagon in North America.

I am betting the demand for a Focus wagon is much greater than the demand for another money losing supercar.

cheers.

Internet surveys and forum polls mean absolutely nothing as a predictor of actual sales. Every time a wagon is offered they don't sell. Period.

If the Ford GT successor comes to life I would hope for an EcoBoost Coyote variant. I would assume Ford would decrease bore diameters slightly (vs. Coyote) to allow for thicker cylinder liners. Perhaps raise the deck height slightly to increase stroke to 3.75-3.80" without compromising piston compression height or rod length. Fill it with a top shelf rod/piston, DI and a set of twins with the 2015 valve sizes and it should lay waste to most exotics and have enough structural integrity to allow the new car to continue the Ford GT's dominance of standing mile. I sincerely hope Ford does NOT go with an EcoBoost V6 in a halo project.

• Like 1

If the Ford GT successor comes to life I would hope for an EcoBoost Coyote variant. I would assume Ford would decrease bore diameters slightly (vs. Coyote) to allow for thicker cylinder liners. Perhaps raise the deck height slightly to increase stroke to 3.75-3.80" without compromising piston compression height or rod length. Fill it with a top shelf rod/piston, DI and a set of twins with the 2015 valve sizes and it should lay waste to most exotics and have enough structural integrity to allow the new car to continue the Ford GT's dominance of standing mile. I sincerely hope Ford does NOT go with an EcoBoost V6 in a halo project.

voila, theres that 4.7 I mentioned....

• 1 month later...

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2014/11/ford-sources-say-derek-wrong-new-ford-gt/

It turns out that our sources didn’t initially see any indication of a new GT program because it’s not being done through the usual channels. It will be a *very* limited product car, of around 300 units, and built by a third-party like Multimatic. Power will come from a 3.5L Ecoboost, to maintain a connection with Ford’s sports car racing program. The car will be priced as you’d expect a limited-production 300-unit halo car to be priced.

I'm just passing along links and information . . . all with a grain a salt . . .

But this makes sense in the broader picture of a new Ford GT and racing program.

It was rather big of TTAC to admit that they screwed up.

I will be seriously impressed if they adopt a far more qualified tone in future posts that rely on incomplete information provided by sources that wish to remain anonymous.