Steeda dynos 2015 Mustang GT

Hmmm. Whatever the case, the Mustang with the performance pack just lost a comparo with a Camaro SS 1LE at Motor Trend.

From what I gathered, the Camaro had ultra high performance tires and the Mustang just had regular high performance tires on, which would account for the differences.

So you honestly think that the results of some magazine test will affect sales?

No. I didn't mean the article had anything to do with impacting sales figures. I just think the sales of the new Mustang in general for the U.S. aren't going to be as good as everyone thinks. Europe sales could be good with the Ecoboost selling well there.

That Camaro sure is one fat car. I just think the sales of the new Camaro in general for the U.S. aren't going to be as good as everyone thinks. When Chevy has to put super-sticky gumballs on the bloated barge to get it competitive, the PD gang should go back to the CAD/CAM stations. :)

• Like 1

No. I didn't mean the article had anything to do with impacting sales figures. I just think the sales of the new Mustang in general for the U.S. aren't going to be as good as everyone thinks. Europe sales could be good with the Ecoboost selling well there.

I don't think anyone is predicting a huge sales increase. GM can put cash on the hood and increase camaro sales too but Ford isn't going to follow suit.

Hmmm. Whatever the case, the Mustang with the performance pack just lost a comparo with a Camaro SS 1LE at Motor Trend.

From one person in the comments:

Ford's PR department sends an options bloated model to compete with the 1LE that offers none of those options, thus negating what could have been a weight advantage.

The 1LE is essentially Camaro's version of the Boss 302, an analogue to which Ford doesn't have out yet. It wasn't a straight-across comparison whether the Mustang had the track pack or not.

392HP with a 20% estimated drive train loss means the engine is putting out over 450HP, not 435HP its rated at...

and 20% loss would calculate to 470....more like a 15% from what i have read, i think 450 is accurate.

You guys need to check your calculators--if you're measuring 392hp at the wheels with a 20% power loss, you're making 490hp at the crank (392/0.80 = 490). At 15% (392/0.85), you're at 461hp, more or less.

• Like 1

Check ur math bud.

392 * 1.2 = 470.4

if you divide, you can't use 0.8, you have to take the reciprocal of 1.2 (6/5), which is 5/6.

392 / (5/6) = 470.4

Both wrong. SoonerLS is right. Just do the reverse calculation.

If you're making 490 hp and you take away 20%, that's 490 * .08 = 392. Or 490 - (490 * 0.2) which is 490 - 98 which is 392.

Multiplying 392 * 1.2 is adding 20% to 392, not taking 20% away from the crank number.

• Like 2

You guys need to check your calculators--if you're measuring 392hp at the wheels with a 20% power loss, you're making 490hp at the crank (392/0.80 = 490). At 15% (392/0.85), you're at 461hp, more or less.

I was using 392*0.20=370,which I thought was a bit high, so I did some common core math and rounded to 450 ;)