F-150 job 1 today

And my first comment was meant as sarcasm.

Everybody in the plant, hourly, salaried, contractors, have been busting their a$$ for two months to get to where we are today. But it's only official when the bigwigs show up for a photo op?

They need to stay in the Glass House and out of our way. My job grows tenfold when everybody is worried about the factory floor not looking like a production facility when desk jockeys show up. They don't have a clue about what it takes to make a vehicle, only numbers.

/rant

I had my 3 minute and 17 second drive in one of the "16" units that were roaming the country the past few weeks. I assume all of those trucks as well as any sitting in lots yesterday are not ultimately for sale? The rep during my drive said the 16 demo trucks would ultimately be destroyed.

They are for sale. They are just getting extra scrutiny. Batch and hold. The test truck you drove was probably a preproduction unit, hand built off the assembly line.

A lot of the first ones built are Ford Employee lease cars, if there are issues that need to be fixed they can be held and not have it affect customer ordered cars or dealer vehicles. Having them go to employees allows very fast feed back on small issues that crop up and allows for the TSB and line updates. It also gives the market some nice used vehicles that are loaded up after a year.

As Pioneer said they have been piling up on lots around Dearborn for some time now.

The Launch guys have some work cutout for them over the next year -- it's going to be very very busy over the next few months.

Edited by jasonj80

as I posted on another thread:

As a Ford fan, C-Max owner and a Ford stock owner counting on the value of the company to fund my retirement for me and my wife also with the hope of providing educational opportunities for my 4 grandchildren I commend the Ford executives, all white collar staff and every union and nonunion worker as well as all contract workers for giving all they did to make Ford better.

Please, all here who have contact with anyone who helped make this happen pass along my thanks and appreciation.

4d4evr

• Like 3