Shelby GT350 Mustang Track Ready with 500HP

I love that Ford is taking the Mustang somewhere that GM and Fiat probably can't go.

In capable hands, the Camaro may be roughly as quick--a bit slower perhaps--on the track. But I'm guessing what will impress drivers the most will be the delivery of power coming out of corners on the Mustang.

The stuff in the press release about exhaust pulses is relevant as it relates to pushing exhaust gas into the manifold without hitting another pulse from a cylinder on that bank (that's why the Indy V8 and the LeMans V8s had crossover pipes on their headers), but that's a marginal savings compared to the dramatically reduced weight of the crankshaft and the rapid windup of an engine that has simultaneously firing cylinders.

Edited by RichardJensen

I guess I missed it--distracted by the rich guy who put 19,000 miles on his Tesla in two years. And if he's a representative sample Tesla's doomed.

I like the guys on the forum who think that the Z/28 will beat this thing at the track.

You've got a much faster revving engine with a much higher redline in a much lighter car, and basically the same electronically controlled dampers. That thing is going to out-accelerate the Z out of corners, and the Z is unlikely to be able to out-brake it.

I don't think there's going to be any "butt-kicking" by the Z.

Edited by RichardJensen

Meanwhile the GMI folks are arguing over who owns GM's magnetic ride control. Where is a moderator when you need one?

hunting Bison with a spear?......back to topic...im in AWE....want badly...it ticks all my boxes ( well, wonder if its lighter? )....friggen AWESOME!.....seriously, all that banter about how the GT ( in one mag ) got beaten by a ZL1 ( and then beat the ZL1 in another mag ) in rewgular guise, well heres your answer....check mate.

hunting Bison with a spear?......back to topic...im in AWE....want badly...it ticks all my boxes ( well, wonder if its lighter? )....friggen AWESOME!.....seriously, all that banter about how the GT ( in one mag ) got beaten by a ZL1 ( and then beat the ZL1 in another mag ) in rewgular guise, well heres your answer....check mate.

1LE, you mean.

If the GT beat the ZL1 around a track, for that price I'd buy it today. Screw the fact that I don't have any money. :hysterical:

• Like 1

1LE, you mean.

If the GT beat the ZL1 around a track, for that price I'd buy it today. Screw the fact that I don't have any money. :hysterical:

ooooops....knew it was Z summink.....shows you how much i follow/ care for Chevys entry doesnt it...I LOATHE that Camaro...Hot wheels with gunslit windows...

• Like 1

Love the technology, it has an aggressive look...anyone got the specs on the tires? The car needs a lot of rubber on the ground.

According to some guy on Autoblog:

From the photos on the Ford Media site, it looks like it has 295/35ZR19f (on 10.5" wheels) and 305/35/ZR19r (on 11" wheels) on specially developed Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires.