New Contract Rumor

I can think of 5 right off the top of my head who would cross the line. I wouldn't myself should it come to that. There's too much at stake with this contract to just roll over and die should a subpar contract be offered.

I'll be there holding my picket sign watching the rats cross the line..

• Like 1

Didn't they try that in 2011?

Sergio would like to place everyone somewhere in the middle (around $20.00). His thoughts are if the company does well then your pay increases with profit sharing cheques. When the company does not do well you make $20.00 per hour. I'm pretty certain that nobody in the hourly ranks has ever received a profit sharing cheque worth $16,000.00. That is how much you would need to get annually to return to your $28.00 former wage (2000 hrs x $8.00). Be careful of this guy, he's a TRUE businessman.

Any news regarding 25 and out? Has this ever been offered in the Past? and why would the company even consider it if all the new hires want full pay instead of Tier 2 wages.

The Canadian UAW on their last contract agreed to have tier 2 go up to tier 1 wages after 10yrs so what tier 2 workers in the states want isn't unrealistic

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I've read every post in this topic.just so you know where I'm coming from

I'm a 27 year skilled trades

I'm worried about what the contract will bring.Thinking about what the union has as negotiating tool. What? Strike? That's it!

There are no other tools to negotiate with.

Ford is not afraid of a strike and the UAW knows it. So how do any of you think the contract will go.

Raise 2 tier to 40%

No raises no coa no change in aws...no no no.

So strike well replace you all in 6 weeks.

You will get run over at the entrance gate to your plant.

The UAW is dead.

Sorry to sound so negative but tell me where I'm wrong.

Kentucky will be a right to work state soon.

Mullally said when he opened 3 plants in China on the same day that Ford will meet 60% of all its car needs out of China.

We will be lucky to maintain what we already have.

Where we work, they wouldn't even bother to show up. They can't even show up for a regular shift.

At CAP, they can find and give every excuse to not even go to the hall to vote, (but bitch about who gets in) they`ll find a way to be on medical leave or the traffic was bad or the snow was to deep or my dog had kittens or the best one "no one told me"....insead of walking the picket line, so they will still get their strike benefit check.....

But!!!! we have this resident activist that will be there!!! never had much success accomplishing anything as an activist but could`nt wait to run to all those picket lines (not counting pictures in the paper) or constitutional conventions that he`s told everyone he would do this and that at, but... he likes the feel of the pine in his fingers while holding those end this or end that signs. (anything ever ended, 2 tier?)

Decker

• Like 2

You talking about Mr Commie, the wanabe black panther, new Vice President?

You are so correct chassisgroupleader. This guy has been totally whacked ever since his first ride on the magic bus. (workers caravan)

Did you hear his "we stopped two tiers" spuuu at Lear during his all niter on the picket line then..... when asked what happened? he was really quiet... or all the talk about telling the IUAW he was going to stop this and that and came back from the conventions with another quiet spell... I wonder if the membership knows he was a candidate at the last convention? Then there is all the "I" and "self centered" what he thinks should be done.... Want to make him have flash backs and start seeing all the pretty colors??? Ask him to list his accomplishments.

He is really good at making fools out of that group that puts him in office, it`s kinda like saying to a bunch of kids in the school yard, "I" think we should have ice cream at every lunch and "I' think we all should get 10 extra minutes for recess and all the kids get all worked up and vote him the new class vice president.... never said how he could get the ice cream or the extra recess but told the kids what they wanted to hear.... he is good at that. Results? not so much.

Hold on Chassisgroupleader we are living in some really strange times.

Decker

Edited by Decker

I'm ready to strike unless tier 1 and tier 2 get what they want. but I'm sure there's many out that would cross a picket line.

frank when was the last time ford uaw went on strike? ford knows how to handle the uaw, they just dangle the carrot ($1500) and bingo a yes vote. this is the me me generation, not like the old days.

• Like 2