New Contract Rumor

frank when was the last time ford uaw went on strike? ford knows how to handle the uaw, they just dangle the carrot ($1500) and bingo a yes vote. this is the me me generation, not like the old days.

Very Very True unfortunately. No one knows the true meaning of a union, its more than just wearing a t-shirt that says UAW.

• Like 3

I believe the last time Ford workers hit the picket lines was in 1976. About a month if I remember correctly.........I hope if this contract stinks, we have the balls to go out again....... It's time to prove to the UAW that the membership runs the show............

Your correct lastman, both 1976 and just over 30 days.

Decker

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Any news regarding 25 and out? Has this ever been offered in the Past? and why would the company even consider it if all the new hires want full pay instead of Tier 2 wages.

You'll not get 25 and out or even 28 and out. Those 5 or 2 years that you'd get out early, you were technically in the GEN and since that was abolished, there's not an avenue to facilitate that. I did put in a resolution for reinstatement of the GEN but we'll see if anyone else did.