2016 Lincoln MKX

Anthony

Does anyone have an idea of when they can be ordered ? or when they will appear on dealer lots ?

2016 LINCOLN MKX (Just announced!)

02/09/2015 - 2016 Lincoln MKX Order Bank Opens

03/12/2015 - 2016 Lincoln MKX Scheduling Begins

04/27/2015 - 2016 Lincoln MKX Job #1 Date

Yeah but they'll fix that. These are pre production.

Actually, wasn't the MKC's button at the bottom of the gear selection stack, and they moved it to the top? So, when using the MFT screen and resting your hand in that area is what the issue was. I think with it being in a segregated area away from the rest of the gear selection buttons will be OK. That, and there are hard controls over there so there shouldn't be any tactile confusion between a push button and a rotary for the volume.

Another one, where they simply can't center the bottom fascia air inlet. Not sure why it's so difficult to do so. Surprised at the location of the Engine Start, next to the volume. Otherwise looks very elegant, hopefully it's not overpriced.

When I saw the location of the start button, I thought the same thing.

However, when I look at it closely, it appears that start/stop might be a two finger operation. It looks like the top and bottom silver areas might be what operates start/stop. Either both buttons together or the center plus either the top or bottom? If so, then if one were going for the audio (one finger) but pressed in the start/stop area, nothing would happen.

Just guessing...

BTW, what is the "Auto Hold" button for??

Edited by Austin

Actually, wasn't the MKC's button at the bottom of the gear selection stack, and they moved it to the top? So, when using the MFT screen and resting your hand in that area is what the issue was. I think with it being in a segregated area away from the rest of the gear selection buttons will be OK. That, and there are hard controls over there so there shouldn't be any tactile confusion between a push button and a rotary for the volume.

Huh? It's not the volume - it's the start button relative to the MFT screen and it's identical to the original MKC position and will get the same change before production.

When I saw the location of the start button, I thought the same thing.

However, when I look at it closely, it appears that start/stop might be a two finger operation. It looks like the top and bottom silver areas might be what operates start/stop. Either both buttons together or the center plus either the top or bottom? If so, then if one were going for the audio (one finger) but pressed in the start/stop area, nothing would happen.

Just guessing...

BTW, what is the "Auto Hold" button for??

No, I'm sure it's the same single button push start. The outer parts beyond the chrome thing just being there for detailing.

As for auto hold, I guessed it's like a hill descent thing? But I could be wrong.

Huh? It's not the volume - it's the start button relative to the MFT screen and it's identical to the original MKC position and will get the same change before production.

2013 MKC before redesign

2015-lincoln-mkc-interior-park-out-assis

MKX

2016-lincoln-mkx-64-1.jpg

On the MKX, the start/stop button is segregated from the gear selector buttons and is next to the volume control rotary. And my general point was that in that location, it should be harder to confuse the tactile difference between the start/stop button with the other buttons in that general area, such as the volume control.

Edited by jinx8402

On the MKX, the start/stop button is segregated from the gear selector buttons and is next to the volume control rotary. And my general point was that in that location, it should be harder to confuse the tactile difference between the start/stop button with the other buttons in that general area, such as the volume control.

I have an MKC (initial design) and have no trouble with the buttons. But those that have had trouble appear to be mainly with turning off/on the audio. This is a poking motion with one finger and doesn't necessarily have any tactile feel associated with it. If this is the final design and it is one finger action, then there will be even higher instances of wrong pushes between audio and on/off than the MKC. These buttons are right next to each other.

I have an MKC (initial design) and have no trouble with the buttons. But those that have had trouble appear to be mainly with turning off/on the audio. This is a poking motion with one finger and doesn't necessarily have any tactile feel associated with it. If this is the final design and it is one finger action, then there will be even higher instances of wrong pushes between audio and on/off than the MKC. These buttons are right next to each other.

Do people turn the audio off and on that much? I certainly don't. But beyond that, on the MKX, the audio on/off button is on the rotary dial, so not sure how you wouldn't notice you're not on it to turn the audio off.

With the order bank you just mentioned I would not be so sure that this is a quick fix. That button is very specific and where would they move it?

To the top of that stack of buttons like they did with the MKC.

That's the point of preproduction models, to fix issues like that before full scale production starts

Just remove the radio button and have them say "radio on/off" with MFT. It is crazy... the ridiculous things Ford has to change because people do NOT pay attention to what button they are hitting.

While you make a good point have you seen their steering wheel controls lately?

This layout looks a lot more straight forward but I am surprised that they do not have Sync 3 in the vehicle.....maybe I missed something?

To the top of that stack of buttons like they did with the MKC.

That's the point of preproduction models, to fix issues like that before full scale production starts

Are you assuming this?

They have a specific spot laid out for this control and just don't move this switchgear-I mean what would they put in the old spot?

I think this layout stays since it is significantly different then the MKC

Are you assuming this?

They have a specific spot laid out for this control and just don't move this switchgear-I mean what would they put in the old spot?

I think this layout stays since it is significantly different then the MKC

Yeah, it's an assumption, however it was the general consensus earlier on in this thread

I'm actually in the camp of them leaving it where it is on this concept, since they put it in its own spot.

Exactly. The issue with the MKC was that there wasn't enough separation between the gear selection buttons and the engine start/stop. In the new X, it's removed from everything else. I'd put a cup of Timmy Ho's coffee down saying it stays where it is.

• Like 1

I'm actually in the camp of them leaving it where it is on this concept, since they put it in its own spot.

I agree and was surprised they had an issue with it on the MKC.

Read the same pictures on AutoBlog and it was the first time the first 25 posts actually all loved the vehicle.....very well received so far!