2016 Lincoln MKX

Anthony

Exactly. The issue with the MKC was that there wasn't enough separation between the gear selection buttons and the engine start/stop. In the new X, it's removed from everything else. I'd put a cup of Timmy Ho's coffee down saying it stays where it is.

You can't ignore the idiot factor though. Enough idiots shut their cars off accidentally they will have to move it

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The Build and Price tool is up and running for the 16s. Go onto Lincoln's site, into the main screen of the 2016 MKX in the Future Vehicle tab, and scroll all the way down to the bottom to the build and price button. Hefty price increase with all the bells and whistles. All new territory for Lincoln!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
I can't believe they are NOT putting in Sync 3 in the 2016 Lincoln MKX! It will cost them 20% of their sales.

The 2016 EDGE has it, but not the 2016 MKX???

If they want Lincoln to reestablish itself as a premier brand they need to at least have the newest technology at the same time as Ford if not before.

Lets see what they do on the roll out of the new 9 and 10 speed transmissions.

• 3 weeks later...

Just ordered my fully loaded Ruby Red 2016 MKX. Came to about $62k. Leasing it.

There is ONE actually out there on its way to an out-of-state dealer.

My dealership is attempting to intercept the vehicle from the dealer. So far, they say prospects look good.

So, if all goes well I hope to have it in my hands next week.

The black 2016 MKX they had on the lot was nice. Very disappointed it does not have Sync 3, but I think I can live with MyTouch.

Edited by NJRonbo

You'll love that color! ;)

So if you don't mind me asking...how much is a lease on such a fully loaded one?

Well, I am opening myself up to being chastised for being ripped off -- but I suppose I should hear the truth from someone that knows.

A fully loaded Ruby Red MKX costs about $60-$61k. That is minus the inflatable seat belts and tow hitch (both which I do not need)

I put $10k down. Payments will be $540 per month. That is $9 per month more than the Lincoln Web Page financial calculator shows with that kind of money down. I should note that Lincoln is paying off the final 4 payments of my Cadillac lease (about $2,100).

This is the most expensive car I have ever leased. My 2013 Cadillac SRX was only $50k and I only put down $4k to get into the $540 per month payment area.

Now am I getting the best lease cost? Have no idea. However, the dealer is telling me that now that the car I want is not available (cannot be found) and I have to order from the factory, there will be better lease incentives over the next few weeks. So my monthly payments may be pushed lower.

Edited by NJRonbo

That's not a bad price considering the payoff on your Caddy. Works out to about 45% depreciation over 3 years (including the $10K). There is no guarantee that incentives will go up but that's always a possibility.

Phew! You don't know how much I needed to hear that.

It is so easy to get hosed on a lease. You really have no idea what you are bargaining for. However, the lease calculator on the Lincoln website (after you build your vehicle) gives you a good starting point as it is meant to give the lowest offer possible to get you into the dealership.

Edited by NJRonbo

You won't get hosed with a factory red carpet lease. It may not be the absolute best deal but it's never a ripoff.

Akirby,

What is a "factory red carpet lease" ?

Is that what I am basically doing in ordering from the factory for lease?

• 5 weeks later...

I know a lot of people are disappointed that SYNC 3 isn't in the 2016 MKX, but I'm mixed on it. I would like to see an upgrade from the Lincoln/Ford Touch system, but I wasn't overly impressed with the videos of SYNC 3. Is Ford destined to just be behind in this area for years to come or did I just see a poor video on the SYNC 3 system?

I know a lot of people are disappointed that SYNC 3 isn't in the 2016 MKX, but I'm mixed on it. I would like to see an upgrade from the Lincoln/Ford Touch system, but I wasn't overly impressed with the videos of SYNC 3. Is Ford destined to just be behind in this area for years to come or did I just see a poor video on the SYNC 3 system?

I don't see how Ford is behind with sync 3. Which competitors do you think do it better and which features are missing?

I can't speak too much to it which is why I was asking. I just found in the videos I watched that the people demonstrating it even seem to have difficulty navigating around it. Maybe it was just because it was new to them too. The GUI is very plain though. Simple is good, but it just appeared to go beyond simple to blah. Competitors may not be doing it better than them (although graphically I think they are), but there is nothing in it that appears to put ahead of the pack. If this is their brand new technology, I would think they would want to do something that says more then "Hey we caught up!" especially assuming this will be what they use for years. With the wi-fi updating and apps too though, perhaps it will mean they will be able to stay at the higher level longer.

Don't get me wrong, it would take a lot to get me away from the seat of a Ford product. I just don't see the excitment behind SYNC 3.

Most of the excitement is from people who think MFT is way too slow and has problems far too often.

The biggest changes are the pinch to zoom and easy scroll screen (like an ipad) and the auto wi-fi updating. And app support.

There are only so many ways to do navigation, climate control, phone and entertainment.

In the videos it looks really really fast and that should make up for any blandness in the GUI.

Can anyone tell me how long they are experiencing for between getting a vin and a build date for the 2016 MKX? I ordered on 5/28 and got my vin on 8/5 (after contacting the dealer), but I haven't heard anything since. This is the first time I've ordered a car so I'm a little new to the process.

Can anyone tell me how long they are experiencing for between getting a vin and a build date for the 2016 MKX? I ordered on 5/28 and got my vin on 8/5 (after contacting the dealer), but I haven't heard anything since. This is the first time I've ordered a car so I'm a little new to the process.

Normally it's 6-8 weeks from order to delivery. I've heard that Oakville Assembly is having a hard time keeping up with demand right now so orders are taking longer. About 12-14 weeks.